Media created mass Hysteria

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Media created mass Hysteria

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:07 am

Rambler wrote: He says we should inject ourselves with disinfectant to cure the virus.

That’s not what he said Rambler.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:11 am

Sorry Joe. I watched it. He said it.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:12 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Lysol had to issue a warning today for people to not try injecting it into themselves to kill Covid-19, due to Trump's comments. Amazing that it has to even be warned against, and there are people stupid enough to try it... :crazy:
[/quote]

You are aware that lysol cans from from the 80s/90s(?) Listed corona virus (right on the can!) as one of the viruses it was capable of killing? I just threw a can of it away, otherwise Id gladly show you a pic!
But of course, its trumps fault that anyone would stupid enough to try injecting themselves with lysol.

Funny thing, I watched the whole presser yesterday, & at no point did I go away with the idea that injecting disinfectant, UV light was a cure, or even a reasonable idea. Apparently a lot of people thought that was what he said, though. But today the hack media is conveying that he did in fact say that.

Not sure whos dumber, the 1 who listened to his comments & thought that is what he said, or the 1 whos actually willing to try it.
As we all know, the use of lasers, UV light to treat damaged/diseased tissue is a complete hoax :roll:

But then again, I'll parrot a phrase Ive heard the pres say (over & over), "Im no doctor".
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:14 am

joetrain wrote:
Rambler wrote: He says we should inject ourselves with disinfectant to cure the virus.

That’s not what he said Rambler.
~JOE~

He actually did. Word for word quotes from yesterday.

"And then I see the disinfectant. Where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhhhh, by injection inside, or or almost a cleaning."

This was after he said "Supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do, either through the skin, uhhh or in some other way."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... s-n1191216
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:18 am

This isnt "news" or anything like that, these are the "mans" words on camera...judge for yourself but he sounds like a complete moron to me making shit up like he always does. Definition of fake it till you make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6KSIhc58A
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:19 am

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Lysol had to issue a warning today for people to not try injecting it into themselves to kill Covid-19, due to Trump's comments. Amazing that it has to even be warned against, and there are people stupid enough to try it... :crazy:

You are aware that lysol cans from from the 80s/90s(?) Listed corona virus (right on the can!) as one of the viruses it was capable of killing? I just threw a can of it away, otherwise Id gladly show you a pic!
But of course, its trumps fault that anyone would stupid enough to try injecting themselves with lysol.

Funny thing, I watched the whole presser yesterday, & at no point did I go away with the idea that injecting disinfectant, UV light was a cure, or even a reasonable idea. Apparently a lot of people thought that was what he said, though. But today the hack media is conveying that he did in fact say that.

Not sure whos dumber, the 1 who listened to his comments & thought that is what he said, or the 1 whos actually willing to try it.
As we all know, the use of lasers, UV light to treat damaged/diseased tissue is a complete hoax :roll:

But then again, I'll parrot a phrase Ive heard the pres say (over & over), "Im no doctor".

None of this has anything to do with the ABSOLUTE FACT that he suggested injecting disinfectant into the body, or injecting UV light into the body... Cletedius.

This is not parroting news. This is watching the damn video and transcribing WORD FOR WORD his comments. The man is a moron of the highest order, and it's embarrassing that he's the President.

I've never doubted the capabilities of those two things to kill bacteria, kill damaged or diseased tissue, etc. though the study of UV light is still in its infancy... but come on man... how can you defend this fucking bozo still?

This has nothing to do with hack media, fake news, mainstream media, etc. I posted the damn video. The words are right there for you to listen to. He said those things. I transcribed them word for word above. But by all means, argue against exact quotes from my own ears/eyes, listening to/watching the video. That's fine. The quotes speak for themselves.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:21 am

He didn’t say to do it he asked if it can be done.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:24 am

joetrain wrote:He didn’t say to do it he asked if it can be done.
~JOE~

He never said "Can we do this?" with a question directed at anyone in particular. Watch the video. Read the quotes, word for word, from the video...

The fact that he has to even question whether disinfectant can be safely injected into the body, and Lysol had to issue a warning against it... is all that needs to be said. I rest my case. The man's brain functions at the level of a potato.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:30 am

. And is there a way we can do something like that.

Here’s what you quoted. According to my minuscule brain that’s a question not a command.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:36 am

joetrain wrote:. And is there a way we can do something like that.

Here’s what you quoted. According to my minuscule brain that’s a question not a command.
~JOE~

I never said it was a command. I said he "suggested the idea of it." And if you listen to his tone and the way he says it, it wasn't said as a question... it was essentially said as a statement. Again... the fact that he has to question the idea of injecting disinfectant into the body... is all that needs to be said. You know it's stupid. Cletedius knows it's stupid. No one with a brain would ever think of sucking up some Lysol or bleach in a syringe and injecting it... but this buffoon has to question it and/or suggest it? Come on...

I mean... he's being ripped by everyone for this stupidity, both on the right and on the left... so I'm not sure how anyone can defend this at this point.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:42 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:None of this has anything to do with the ABSOLUTE FACT that he suggested injecting disinfectant into the body, or injecting UV light into the body... Cletedius.

As I said previously, Im not sure where anyone walks away from that presser & thinks he suggested as such. Researching the "concept" of disinfectants/light? Perhaps.
Again, if anyone took his words as meaning that we should haphazardly inject light/disinfectant into their bodies, well, dont know what to tell you.

SmalliesNEyes wrote: This is not parroting news. This is watching the damn video and transcribing WORD FOR WORD his comments. The man is a moron of the highest order, and it's embarrassing that he's the President.

I watched the whole vid, too. Word for word. I didnt hear him say we should be doing this. Not sure why anyone of reasonable intelligence, or non-bias would.

Again, you WERE aware that lysol used to list coronavirus right on the can? Yes or no.

Lasers in their infancy? Yeah, but not really. Depends on your idea of "infancy".
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:47 am

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:None of this has anything to do with the ABSOLUTE FACT that he suggested injecting disinfectant into the body, or injecting UV light into the body... Cletedius.

As I said previously, Im not sure where anyone walks away from that presser & thinks he suggested as such. Researching the "concept" of disinfectants/light? Perhaps.
Again, if anyone took his words as meaning that we should haphazardly inject light/disinfectant into their bodies, well, dont know what to tell you.

SmalliesNEyes wrote: This is not parroting news. This is watching the damn video and transcribing WORD FOR WORD his comments. The man is a moron of the highest order, and it's embarrassing that he's the President.

I watched the whole vid, too. Word for word. I didnt hear him say we should be doing this. Not sure why anyone of reasonable intelligence, or a non-bias would.

I'm not sure how anyone of reasonable intelligence or a non-bias could mention the idea of injecting light/disinfectant into the body. A testament to Trump's stupidity.

And you'd be surprised how many stupid people there are in the world. There are many who take everything he says to heart, as gospel. We saw it with the Hydroxychloroquine... and the people who tried to ingest fish tank cleaner, one dying, and the other in critical condition... This kind of stuff coming from the President is damaging. There is no debating that. And I'm done arguing about it. There are some who will defend this absolute moron to the bitter end. By all means, go right ahead.

And I've never said he said we SHOULD be doing this. I've stated that even the mere suggestion of it is pure stupidity... and that's what he did. He suggested using those things as treatments.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 24, 2020 11:55 am

Given the dozens of lawyers Reckitt Benckiser LLC (Lysol's parent) has in their legal dept, would any of them given any thought to the need to issue a disclaimer if Trump didn't say what he said?

They didn't do it for shits & giggles. They did it to avoid any liability they might face if any of the many, many poor sods who listen to him take his advice.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:02 pm

Rambler wrote:Given the dozens of lawyers Reckitt Benckiser LLC (Lysol's parent) has in their legal dept, would any of them given any thought to the need to issue a disclaimer if Trump didn't say what he said?

They didn't do it for shits & giggles. They did it to avoid any liability they might face if any of the many, many poor sods who listen to him take his advice.
Bingo.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Love how the world is going through a pandemic and the best thing half the country can do is continue with their finger pointing "BLUE STATES!" "RED STATES!" "TRUMP!" "PELOSI!" "MY TEAM GOOD!! YOUR TEAM BAD" ....suddenly everyone is a genius and knows best.

Just shut up, take a seat, and enjoy the ride; no one cares what you think. Start living as an individual and realize the lunacy on both sides. I know that's not an easy request when everyone lives in their own customized echo chamber, but at least make an effort. How embarrassing.
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Right on Phil.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:29 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote: And you'd be surprised how many stupid people there are in the world.

And, you'd be absolutely 100% wrong!

SmalliesNEyes wrote: There are many who take everything he says to heart, as gospel. We saw it with the Hydroxychloroquine... and the people who tried to ingest fish tank cleaner, one dying, and the other in critical condition... This kind of stuff coming from the President is damaging. There is no debating that. And I'm done arguing about it.

Anyone dumb enough to ingest fish tank cleaner at their own discretion has much larger problems than whos in office, & in reality is a very small minority.

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Rambler wrote:Given the dozens of lawyers Reckitt Benckiser LLC (Lysol's parent) has in their legal dept, would any of them given any thought to the need to issue a disclaimer if Trump didn't say what he said?

Bingo.

AND because they used to have coronavirus listed on the can.

A little late, IMO, but smart realization on their part. I suspect it finally occured to them after seeing the hydroxy-moron couple, & the realization of their old labeling.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Phil6 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Rambler wrote:They didn't do it for shits & giggles. They did it to avoid any liability they might face if any of the many, many poor sods who listen to him take his advice.

This is the kinda thing I mean when I say you have to be an individual and think for yourself.

Do you think Lysol, who wasn't mentioned by trump, whos making a KILLING right now, would make a blanket statement like this for no reason? The label already reads "do not ingest" or "Not for internal use" aka they are already free of liability ..

What actually happened- NBC, CNN, MSNBC or whoever else reached out to the supplier to make a statement because its their biggest clickbait headline this morning - at which point they were forced to comment. Then the media makes the headline "LYSOL MAKER ISSUES STATEMENT" or whatever.

Literally the first article I clicked-

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)," a spokesperson for Reckitt Benckiser, the United Kingdom-based owner of Lysol, said in a statement to NBC News.

Its because they asked. Because they wanted to frame the response. Because they know you'll eat it up.

You are the sheep that keep this herd blind to the slaughter.
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 12:47 pm

Phil6 wrote:[

What actually happened- NBC, CNN, MSNBC or whoever else reached out to the supplier to make a statement because its their biggest clickbait headline this morning - at which point they were forced to comment. Then the media makes the headline "LYSOL MAKER ISSUES STATEMENT" or whatever.

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)," a spokesperson for Reckitt Benckiser, the United Kingdom-based owner of Lysol, said in a statement to NBC News.

Its because they asked. Because they wanted to frame the response. Because they know you'll eat it up.

Did somebody say "Bingo!"?
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 1:35 pm

LMAO.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 1:37 pm

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote: And you'd be surprised how many stupid people there are in the world.

And, you'd be absolutely 100% wrong!

SmalliesNEyes wrote: There are many who take everything he says to heart, as gospel. We saw it with the Hydroxychloroquine... and the people who tried to ingest fish tank cleaner, one dying, and the other in critical condition... This kind of stuff coming from the President is damaging. There is no debating that. And I'm done arguing about it.

Anyone dumb enough to ingest fish tank cleaner at their own discretion has much larger problems than whos in office, & in reality is a very small minority.

SmalliesNEyes wrote:

Bingo.

AND because they used to have coronavirus listed on the can.

A little late, IMO, but smart realization on their part. I suspect it finally occured to them after seeing the hydroxy-moron couple, & the realization of their old labeling.

Here come the excuses for the morons who listened to Trump and ingested fish tank cleaner because it has the same chemical compound as the medication.
Sorry, done with this stupidity. Some people will defend the borderline brain-dead moron leading this country to the bitter end, like I already said. Have at it.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Phil6 wrote:
Rambler wrote:They didn't do it for shits & giggles. They did it to avoid any liability they might face if any of the many, many poor sods who listen to him take his advice.

This is the kinda thing I mean when I say you have to be an individual and think for yourself.

Do you think Lysol, who wasn't mentioned by trump, whos making a KILLING right now, would make a blanket statement like this for no reason? The label already reads "do not ingest" or "Not for internal use" aka they are already free of liability ..

As you parrot Fox News Propaganda talking points about "fake news" and "mainstream media" and the deep state, and how it was all done for clicks! We're the sheep. Haha.

I'm not even a Democrat. I'm firmly in the center, leaning left on some issues, and right on others. I'm just not an idiot. I do think for myself. I don't just blindly eat up whatever the racist, idiotic, scum of the Earth "journalists" on Fox News spew out, and call news, when it's nothing but propaganda and verbal diarrhea.

Think for ourselves? Yeah, I do that plenty. I think our Reality Show President is a fucking joke, and embarrassment to this country and its people, and a large majority of this country, and the world, agrees with me. But by all means, label people sheep who don't think like you do, and eat up the verbal diarrhea that comes out of Fox/Trump's mouth on a daily basis, so long as you're ok with your breath smelling like shit. I didn't start with the personal attacks, you did. Remember that.

Typical Trump supporters. Deflect from what their dear leader said, which was some of the dumbest shit to ever come out of the mouth of the man known as *President, to fake news, MSM, and conspiracy theories. :lol:

At this point, I'll be done with this conversation. If people can't see the stupidity in the things Trump was saying, then I'm not even gonna bother trying anymore.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Some can take comfort that through these difficult days often filled with panic purchases and hording that the supply of Midol is well stocked, I'm not sure about heating pads though.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:01 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Haha. There's not a lot of stupid people in the world? Uhhhhh ok. If you believe that... there's no helping you. And here come the excuses for the morons who listened to Trump and ingested fish tank cleaner because it has the same chemical compound as the medication.

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
As you parrot Fox News Propaganda talking points about "fake news" and "mainstream media" and the deep state, and how it was all done for clicks! We're the sheep. Haha.

I'm not even a Democrat. I'm just not an idiot. I do think for myself. I don't just blindly eat up whatever the racist, idiotic, scumbags on Fox News spew out, and call news, when it's nothing but propaganda and verbal diarrhea.

Think for ourselves? Yeah, I do that plenty. I think our Reality Show President is a fucking joke, and embarrassment to this country and its people, and a large majority of this country, and the world, agrees with me. But by all means, label people sheep who don't think like you do, and eat up the verbal diarrhea that comes out of Fox/Trump's mouth on a daily basis. I didn't start with the personal attacks, you did. Remember that.

SmalliesNEyes wrote: Sorry, done with this stupidity. Some people will defend the borderline brain-dead moron leading this country to the bitter end, like I already said. Have at it.

Yea yea.. you said you were "done" on the last page and 9 of 21 comments since then have been from you. :crazy:

Just be honest with yourself- it makes you feel good to hear your own voice. You enjoy thinking you're the smartest person in the room and when someone echos your opinion its as good as sex. The virtue signaling is getting boring and no one buys it outside of the other guys who also think that their shit dont stink. That goes for both sides.

Parroting fox? Deep State? Fake news? LMAO.. Where?? Do you really think Im watching or reading Fox? or CNN? MSNBC? or any other terribly outdated media? Its ALL propaganda, buddy. The fact that you think I'm defending trump because I won't bend over to agree with you really says something about your ability to be rational and think critically. You don't like what I have to say so suddenly I'm a Fox News fan eating trumps shit, classic! Again, you should be embarrassed. You are far to old to be acting like this.

Hows this for you?

"Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)."

https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/apri ... nfectants/

Headline framing is a thing, smallies. It has nothing to do with your deep state/fake news/fox news conspiracies and paranoia. Not sure why you're trying to group me into something that I'm not. THINK FOR YOURSELF! Not everything is black and white.
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Phil6 wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Haha. There's not a lot of stupid people in the world? Uhhhhh ok. If you believe that... there's no helping you. And here come the excuses for the morons who listened to Trump and ingested fish tank cleaner because it has the same chemical compound as the medication.

SmalliesNEyes wrote:

I'm not even a Democrat. I'm just not an idiot. I do think for myself. I don't just blindly eat up whatever the racist, idiotic, scumbags on Fox News spew out, and call news, when it's nothing but propaganda and verbal diarrhea.

Think for ourselves? Yeah, I do that plenty. I think our Reality Show President is a fucking joke, and embarrassment to this country and its people, and a large majority of this country, and the world, agrees with me. But by all means, label people sheep who don't think like you do, and eat up the verbal diarrhea that comes out of Fox/Trump's mouth on a daily basis. I didn't start with the personal attacks, you did. Remember that.

SmalliesNEyes wrote: Sorry, done with this stupidity. Some people will defend the borderline brain-dead moron leading this country to the bitter end, like I already said. Have at it.

Yea yea.. you said you were "done" on the last page and 9 of 21 comments since then have been from you. :crazy:

Just be honest with yourself- it makes you feel good to hear your own voice. You enjoy thinking you're the smartest person in the room and when someone echos your opinion its as good as sex. The virtue signaling is getting boring and no one buys it outside of the other guys who also think that their shit dont stink. That goes for both sides.

Parroting fox? Deep State? Fake news? LMAO.. Where?? Do you really think Im watching or reading Fox? or CNN? MSNBC? or any other terribly outdated media? Its ALL propaganda, buddy. The fact that you think I'm defending trump because I won't bend over to agree with you really says something about your ability to be rational and think critically. You don't like what I have to say so suddenly I'm a Fox News fan eating trumps shit, classic! Again, you should be embarrassed. You are far to old to be acting like this.

Hows this for you?

"Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)."

https://www.rb.com/media/news/2020/apri ... nfectants/

Lol. Makes me feel good to hear my own voice? Nah. I actually feel terrible in this thread, because I do lose some respect for some of the people I enjoy talking to. It's unfortunate. When someone echoes my opinion it's as good as sex, huh? Bahahahahah. That's actually funny. Not true, though. I love sex. :) I couldn't care less if someone shares my opinion. I value lots of opinions on lots of things, many of which I have a differing opinion about. I just don't value stupid opinions.

And yes, you're parroting the mainstream media, conspiracy theory, media fear-mongering, it's all for clicks bullshit that the morons on Fox spew. I happen to agree with you. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, are all propaganda. All outdated media. All absolute trash. Cable media is all the same. It's garbage. I don't get any of my news from any of the garbage cable news networks. Unfortunately I'm of the opinion that many people on this site, and in the outdoorsman community in general, solely rely on that propaganda machine for their "news", based upon their opinions on things, or certain things they say.

And where did I say I think you're defending Trump because you're not bending over to agree with me? Hint: I never did. You're the one who walked in here and started with the personal attacks because people think differently than YOU. Now you attack my critical thinking and rationality because I don't agree with YOU. And no, I don't like what you have to say, because you come in here like some white knighting SJW and start criticizing people who think our *President is a fucking moron, who does more and more damage every time he shits out of his mouth. Far too old to be acting like what? Like an intelligent person who thinks our President is a fucking moron? Sorry if that offends you. He's not fit to be President. He never should have been elected. I'd take the loser Pence and his "pray the gay away" bullshit over Trump any day of the week. At least he's not a complete moron, even though his opinions on social-related aspects of the world are abhorrent. I do apologize for assuming you were parroting Fox News. The whole MSM, conspiracy theory, media out to get Trump garbage is what they constantly push to their "followers" all the time. I would hope most people are intelligent enough not to follow any cable news nowadays, but unfortunately that's not true, and I see proof of it every single day.

What does the random quote from RB have to do with anything? You do realize they were asked(likely by doctors, scientists, and other professionals in the medical field) because there are people out there stupid enough to try it, right? It has nothing to do with media. You also realize that the statement wouldn't have been necessary if the dumb fuck in the Oval didn't start randomly speculating about injecting disinfectant and UV light into people as a form of treatment, right???? Lol.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:17 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Ron... why do you keep posting content from tabloids, and trying to pass it off as actual media coverage??? Unless you're just trying to be funny... but you should probably disclaimer your posts that they're simply for amusement, then.

Of course the articles in these things are going to be absolutely idiotic. They're hack tabloids, and not actual media sites. Daily Star contains zero actual news... You're posting content from the UK version of US Weekly or In Touch...

Read some legitimate news sites... not that trash.

You missed the point. This thread was about the media causing hysteria, not as a platform for WCF to bite each other's heads off over politics. I've quoted real news stories talking about real research that's being done. If you don't like a British paper, then here's ABC news

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/c ... n/12154256

The 5G hysteria is real and folks are burning down cell towers. It's been on all the major networks, not just DailyStar.UK

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/tech/5g- ... index.html

The sexual transmission studies are real as well as every other possible method of transmission is being studied to get control of this virus. I doubted the increase of chimps smoking due to corona virus but the point was the same, the media fueling hysteria. There's nothing funny about C-19, but after 5 pages of folks arguing about who's better or worse, the orange man or the IL fat man, the point of this thread has been lost.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:18 pm

RonG wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Ron... why do you keep posting content from tabloids, and trying to pass it off as actual media coverage??? Unless you're just trying to be funny... but you should probably disclaimer your posts that they're simply for amusement, then.

Of course the articles in these things are going to be absolutely idiotic. They're hack tabloids, and not actual media sites. Daily Star contains zero actual news... You're posting content from the UK version of US Weekly or In Touch...

You missed the point. This thread was about the media causing hysteria, not as a platform for WCF to bite each other's heads off over politics. I've quoted real news stories talking about real research that's being done. If you don't like a British paper, then here's ABC news

The 5G hysteria is real and folks are burning down cell towers. It's been on all the major networks, not just DailyStar.UK

The sexual transmission studies are real as well as every other possible method of transmission is being studied to get control of this virus. I doubted the increase of chimps smoking due to corona virus but the point was the same, the media fueling hysteria. There's nothing funny about C-19, but after 5 pages of folks arguing about who's better or worse, the orange man or the IL fat man, the point of this thread has been lost.
'

I know these things are real, I just don't seem to understand the reasoning behind you posting them, unless like I said, you're just trying to be funny. *shrug*

No big deal, just wasn't clear on what your point of them was.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:23 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Lol. Makes me feel good to hear my own voice?

Sure would think so after you've "left" this thread 4 different times now :?

Hope you're doing okay, buddy.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... xiety.html
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Phil6 wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:
Lol. Makes me feel good to hear my own voice?

Sure would think so after you've "left" this thread 4 different times now :?

Hope you're doing okay, buddy.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... xiety.html

When people address me, I tend to respond. That's the normal, human thing to do. When I say I'm leaving, and then someone responds to me, I'm going to respond back...

And yeah, I'm kinda stressed. Like everyone else in the world right now... You're not?

I have a 12 year old daughter with severe asthma who is higher risk for death. I have a Dad with COPD and diabetes, who it will 100% kill if he were to get it. I have a Mom with high blood pressure, making her higher risk for death. I have a pregnant fiance, due in a month, who is also more susceptible, and higher risk. I have a newborn coming into the world in a month's time, and he will ALSO be far more susceptible due to no immunity to anything. I also have to worry about my fiance and the fact that I may not be able to be in the damn delivery room with her while she births her first child. Delivering him alone, with no one but a stranger in the form of a nurse to hold her hand. Damn right I'm stressed. Rightfully so.

All the while, Fox News spent two months spewing verbal diarrhea that Covid-19 is "Fake News" and a "Liberal hoax", while the federal government sat around doing almost nothing(and still is struggling to do anything worthwhile) thus putting me and my own family at higher risk than they should have been. So yeah, I'm a little pissed off and stressed. Sorry if that bothers you. I'll go eat a gummy and cast a line a little later, and feel much better. ;) Sorry to anyone who I may have offended/wrongly criticized. It's just the stupidity of this man(Trump) absolutely blows my mind.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:33 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
RonG wrote:

'

I know these things are real, I just don't seem to understand the reasoning behind you posting them, unless like I said, you're just trying to be funny. *shrug*

No big deal, just wasn't clear on what your point of them was.

No, just keeping to the original subject, "Media creating mass Hysteria" and the length of their desperation (which might be comical) to keep dredging new angles to keep people worried and freaked out.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:34 pm

RonG wrote:No, just keeping to the original subject, "Media creating mass Hysteria" and the length of their desperation (which might be comical) to keep dredging new angles to keep people worried and freaked out.

I mean, there is genuine concern for people to freak out a little bit, but yes, I agree, much of the mainstream media platforms are fear-mongering, and sensationalizing things too much. There's still genuine cause for concern with this shit.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:38 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Haha. There's not a lot of stupid people in the world? ok. If you believe that... there's no helping you.

You might have read past the part where I agreed with you

cletedius wrote:

cletedius wrote:And, you'd be absolutely 100% wrong!

SmalliesNEyes wrote: As you parrot Fox News Propaganda talking points about "fake news" and "mainstream media" and the deep state, and how it was all done for clicks!

I dont totally disagree with you about FOX, either. But heres a fair, unloaded question:
Who amongst the MSM is less guilty of the same? MSNBC? CNN? ABC? CBS? AP? BBC? They all have clearly defined objectives, do they not?

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Here come the excuses for the morons who listened to Trump and ingested fish tank cleaner because it has the same chemical compound as the medication.

****edited, after re-reading it was a little "snarkier" than I intended
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:40 pm

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:Haha. There's not a lot of stupid people in the world? ok. If you believe that... there's no helping you.

cletedius wrote:

SmalliesNEyes wrote: As you parrot Fox News Propaganda talking points about "fake news" and "mainstream media" and the deep state, and how it was all done for clicks!

I dont totally disagree with you about FOX, either. But heres a fair, unloaded question:
Who amongst the MSM is less guilty of the same? MSNBC? CNN? ABC? CBS? AP? BBC? They all have clearly defined objectives, do they not?

Yeah, I misunderstood your original post because I read it too quick. That's why I ended up editing it. Sorry about that. I thought you meant I'd be wrong about there being a lot of stupid people being in the world when I read it quick, then after re-reading a little later, I realized what you were saying. ;)

And if you read my last couple posts, I agree. None of them. They're all biased, propaganda machines. MSNBC and CNN and other cable news on the left are far left propaganda, and Fox is right-wing propaganda. My news is all gleaned from the internet, and legitimate, respected platforms. I don't watch any cable or tv news. They're all the same trash. But you won't see me parroting talking points from those places, whereas I see quite a few people on here parroting Fox talking points and conspiracy theories. I've seen some posted word for word on this site. It's awful, because like Phil said, people can't seem to think for themselves, or think critically.

I'm a firmly planted in the center Independent, and lean left/right depending on the issue being discussed - pro-choice, but pro-gun rights, for example. I actually despise both political parties with a passion, and really wish a third, viable party could separate itself from the pack, that wasn't batshit crazy like the tea party nutsos, or the Bernie bros.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 2:57 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:And yeah, I'm kinda stressed. Like everyone else in the world right now... You're not?

Things are quite good for me currently. I get to work from home every other day, the streets are empty, I get to observe how society functions during a major event, its nice and quiet when I go for hikes... kinda sucks the gyms are closed, kinda sucks that I can put my parents at risk, but nothing to stress over. I enjoy that society has slowed down. I like seeing families in their yards, spending time together that would normally never have. I like that this event makes people think. I like that it makes people uncomfortable. I like that it draws communities together. I like that it also keeps them apart. There's lots of negatives to this whole thing, but hey, a forest has to burn before it can be at its best.

You've got a lot on your plate and should focus more on the micro scale and less on the macro. On the micro scale you can adjust your life and get things done within yourself, your home or community, all you can do on the macro scale is observe and be react (aka be stressed), almost nothing can be accomplished.

Do me a favor and take two gummies and catcha 6# :wink:
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Have to start my shift now but will return with a bowl of popcorn later.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Phil6 wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:And yeah, I'm kinda stressed. Like everyone else in the world right now... You're not?

Things are quite good for me currently. I get to work from home every other day, the streets are empty, I get to observe how society functions during a major event, its nice and quiet when I go for hikes... kinda sucks the gyms are closed, kinda sucks that I can put my parents at risk, but nothing to stress over. I enjoy that society has slowed down. I like seeing families in their yards, spending time together that would normally never have. I like that this event makes people think. I like that it makes people uncomfortable. I like that it draws communities together. I like that it also keeps them apart. There's lots of negatives to this whole thing, but hey, a forest has to burn before it can be at its best.

You've got a lot on your plate and should focus more on the micro scale and less on the macro. On the micro scale you can adjust your life and get things done within yourself, your home or community, all you can do on the macro scale is observe and be react (aka be stressed), almost nothing can be accomplished.

Do me a favor and take two gummies and catcha 6# :wink:

I work from home daily, also, as does my fiance, and we are lucky in that regard. And I agree, there is a lot of positive to take from all of this. Pretty much agree with all of what you listed. And it is definitely nice to see a lot of it, despite there still being a lot of negative stuff. Maybe people will stop living to work in this country, and start working to LIVE. The Europeans have that on us. They definitely enjoy life far more than we do here. Hopefully we as a country start to realize life is too short.

I do pretty well managing it all, but sometimes stupid shit makes me snap. And yesterday... that was stupid shit. :shock:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:06 pm

catchafew wrote:Have to start my shift now but will return with a bowl of popcorn later.

Lol. Sorry you have to keep going to work man, but thanks a ton for doing it, and putting yourself at risk.

I think we've settled things down. I know I've settled a bit. :) Popcorn will just be a nice snack for something that will be uneventful, IMO.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:09 pm

RonG wrote:who's better or worse, the orange man or the IL fat man

post of the day!
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:10 pm

cletedius wrote:

cletedius wrote:

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Here come the excuses for the morons who listened to Trump and ingested fish tank cleaner because it has the same chemical compound as the medication.

Rather than assume what you meant here, Ill ask for clarification (assuming im not too stupid or worthy of your consideration). I could come up with a few interpetations, but they'd all be assumptions on my part. Personally, Id never make excuses for those idiots, but I also fail to see where ANYONES mention of hydroxychloroquine is a reasonable catalyst or call for anyone to ingest aquarium cleaner.

Do we have to make it clear to people to not eat clorox wipes because they mentioned coronavirus on their label?

I don't think you're stupid, btw. :) I just had a short fuse today. Lol. Stupidity really lights that short fuse quick(and Trump was stupid yesterday).

I think we do, in this day and age, unfortunately. Again, there are sooooooooooo many stupid people in the world... it's really mind-blowing the amount of stupidity out there. Just like the protesters(they're all stupid for protesting around all those other people right now, though I do feel for the issues they're raising with not being able to work, put food on the table, etc.) but holding signs that say "Covid-19 is a government/MSM hoax!" yet wearing a mask, and latex gloves to do it? It's just... I lose it when it comes to stupidity. Lol.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:11 pm

FloridaRigger wrote:

post of the day!

Both suck terribly, for the most part. At least the IL fat man is doing a pretty solid job of keeping Illinoisans safe from harm with all this, even though I have disagreed with him on a thing or two(namely the state park closings). Not sure wth Trump does on a daily basis. Man has to be going bonkers not being able to golf, and eat McDonalds every day. :lol: :lol:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:21 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:.

I don't think you're stupid, btw. :) I just had a short fuse today. Lol. Stupidity really lights that short fuse quick(and Trump was stupid yesterday).

Please see my last edit
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:28 pm

cletedius wrote:

Please see my last edit

I think I did. I didn't get offended or think it was snarky in its original form. I'm good if you're good. Sorry for being a dick earlier.

And don't get me wrong. I actually applaud Trump for some things during this, if you can believe it. Shutting down travel from China, and going after the dumbass governor of Georgia as a couple examples. His shit yesterday was just so monumentally stupid, though. He's like a one step forward two steps back kinda guy. Sometimes he just needs to know when to stop talking. Open mouth, insert foot.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Well that was fun.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:34 pm

joetrain wrote:Well that was fun.
~JOE~

Sorry to you too Joe. I know we all have differing opinions on politics. Politics are super polarizing and divisive. I'm glad we try to avoid it most the time. I have a bunch of friends who we just avoid politics altogether. Nothing good ever comes from it. Prolly best for me to do the same here.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:44 pm

No offense taken here. I thought Mr Trump was asking a question not giving medical advice so I stated how I saw it. That was all.

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:49 pm

joetrain wrote:No offense taken here. I thought Mr Trump was asking a question not giving medical advice so I stated how I saw it. That was all.

~JOE~

I just think, despite how we view him meaning it, whether a question, or a statement, it is still damaging because of the vast amounts of stupid people out there who listen to everything he says without thinking for themselves. That's the only point I was trying to make. As President, many people look to you for information, and how he was saying that stuff just came off insanely idiotic and risky, especially with how he was saying it all... He's never come off as a good speaker... he stumbles through stuff, much like Biden. He also comes off like an idiot when he speaks. I get what you're saying, though. You're right in that he was more "questioning" if there was any validity to it. At least I hope that's how he meant it.

He just comes off soooooooo dumb. It's so hard to for me to tolerate it. Lol.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 3:54 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
cletedius wrote:

Please see my last edit

I think I did. I didn't get offended or think it was snarky in its original form. I'm good if you're good. Sorry for being a dick earlier.

Then.........Were all good!
I too offer apologies if I came across as genitalia-like.

As a general statement directed at no 1, other than the MSM, perhaps, I couldn't care less what anyone believes, supports, wishes for etc. What I do have a major problem with is anyone telling me what I SHOULD believe, wish for, support etc. Perhaps that makes me a libertarian (or an asshole?) at heart, IDK.

Orangee is a horrible speaker on most days, but, after spending 7or8 of the last 10yrs in FL, where it seems everyone is an eastern seaboard transplant, I do feel like I understand him a little better than I did previous to living amongst the east coasters. Most of S. FL. is just like being in NYC with palm trees, IMO. Would I be proud to call him a father, son, brother? No! Do i disagree with many of his efforts, premises' or beliefs? No!
Being a midwesterner my whole life, I have to admit to having clashed with the east coast mentality more than a few times in my time here. Its definitely a different mindset than the rest of the country (that I have actually seen), IMO, & definitely requires an adjustment period. I truly think this influences perceptions of orangee, even though it really shouldnt. I personally think hes not nearly as right-leaning as even he or MSM would admit.

I wish gummies were legal in FL! :D
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 24, 2020 4:59 pm

Guess I'll have to catch up on this later. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I'm better off main lining Lysol or buying some Clorox Chewables. Also, anyone know how to squeeze a UV lightbulb up my ass?

https://youtu.be/TkU1ob_lHCw
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » Apr Fri 24, 2020 5:16 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:

post of the day!

Both suck terribly, for the most part. At least the IL fat man is doing a pretty solid job of keeping Illinoisans safe from harm with all this, even though I have disagreed with him on a thing or two(namely the state park closings). Not sure wth Trump does on a daily basis. Man has to be going bonkers not being able to golf, and eat McDonalds every day. :lol: :lol:

I dont like either as well and dont want to fan the flames, but I seem to remember you being very pro IL fat man and anti IL tall skinny man. What do you suppose IL fat man eats every day to maintain his figure?
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby FishinMatt » Apr Fri 24, 2020 5:28 pm

You did not respect my request Nick. Very predictable result.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern