Media created mass Hysteria

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Media created mass Hysteria

Postby billebob5 » Apr Fri 24, 2020 8:46 pm

man, I'm glad I never clicked on this one until just now. Skipped straight to page 5, typical responses. Blue guys, close the state, red guys/orange guys open the state.

Personally I'll follow Digital Underground's advice.............Do Whatcha Like.

Stop arguing on here like you'll change someone's opinion. You won't ever. And you're not right. None of you. Except me. I'm always all right all right all right. Cheers guys!
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 8:56 pm

FishinMatt wrote:You did not respect my request Nick. Very predictable result.

Politics gets people worked up. You're right, it should be left alone. Man enough to apologize for that too. I plan on it moving forward. Sometimes I let myself get away from myself a little bit. Happens to the best of us ;)
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 9:01 pm

FloridaRigger wrote:
I dont like either as well and dont want to fan the flames, but I seem to remember you being very pro IL fat man and anti IL tall skinny man. What do you suppose IL fat man eats every day to maintain his figure?

Never been pro Pritzker that I remember. Illinois politicians all always suck, for the most part. All politicians do for that matter. And I'm sure it's McDonalds and Jack Daniels. Lol. Who is IL tall skinny man in this scenario, though? Obama? I was pro-Obama. Was never pro-Pritzker though.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Fri 24, 2020 9:08 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:
I dont like either as well and dont want to fan the flames, but I seem to remember you being very pro IL fat man and anti IL tall skinny man. What do you suppose IL fat man eats every day to maintain his figure?

Never been pro Pritzker that I remember. Illinois politicians all always suck, for the most part. All politicians do for that matter. And I'm sure it's McDonalds and Jack Daniels. Lol. Who is IL tall skinny man in this scenario, though? Obama? I was pro-Obama. Was never pro-Pritzker though.

At the risk of speaking for FLrigger, Im pretty certain he meant Rauner.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Fri 24, 2020 9:25 pm

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:
Wasn't a fan of Rauner. I wasn't pro-anyone in this past election, though. They're all criminals in Illinois.

At the risk of speaking for FLrigger, Im pretty certain he meant Rauner.

Ah duh. Lol. Didnt think about this recent election. I wasn't pro anyone in this past election. All crooks. Screw them all in Illinois.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Apr Fri 24, 2020 10:28 pm

RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby HEDDONFROG » Apr Sat 25, 2020 12:32 am

Huge fan of fecal shedding
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » Apr Sat 25, 2020 1:38 am

...and on a lighter note :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » Apr Sat 25, 2020 4:16 am

Ok I’ll chime in one more time. Here is a response to a similar thread I am following on another site.

This "emergency" was only a trial run, the next one could very well be the real deal. They have affirmed the fact that shredding the Constitution is okay with a majority of citizens in a time of "crisis" and they see that said citizenry will stand in line to be microchipped in exchange for toilet paper, grovel at the feet of so-called experts and that the media is in their hip pocket. The stage is set in the next crisis for a ruler who will be portrayed as a compassionate genius with all the answers.
"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby bobberwatcher » Apr Sat 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Injecting lysol. Ok, this just seems like a real good time to say I told you so (if any of you remember my rant on this site when he was elected)
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby joetrain » Apr Sun 26, 2020 1:12 pm

I don’t know who these guys are or if what they are saying is true. You be the judge. I’m assuming they are doctors.
~JOE~

https://youtu.be/zb6j7o1pLBw
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby bobberwatcher » Apr Sun 26, 2020 2:12 pm

I hope what they're saying is true, I think alot of it is and alot is exaggerated to prove their point. When they eased up on social distancing too soon during the 1918 "spanish" flu, the second wave was worse than the first. As someone on here said, its more of a soft lockdown anyhow so you either want to err on the side of caution or you don't.
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby coyote » Apr Sun 26, 2020 5:51 pm

I read 1 Page of this Bullshit . Why do you Guys do this? Whatever happened to real Fishing reports on this site , this 60 Old Coot would love to beat the crap out of 1 or 2 of ya .......leave Politics and your Damm thoughts off this site
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » Apr Sun 26, 2020 6:54 pm

^^^ Mike I hear you, many are still butthurt about the 2016 election. I don't remember this political nonsense when I first joined in 9 years ago. Maybe Jason, Matt, basscaster, Ron, yourself or other senior members can share insights if things were that partisan back then. I remember when O got re-elected in 2012 I think many kept things to themselves and carried on with fishing related posts.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby bobberwatcher » Apr Sun 26, 2020 7:26 pm

This IS windycity tavern, right? The OPEN discussion forum? Plenty of other spots for fishing reprts. Should we pretend we're not going through this shit and don't have an idiot president who suggests injecting lysol?
bobberwatcher
Fishing Czar

Postby FishinMatt » Apr Sun 26, 2020 7:27 pm

First O election got a little crazy at times but was not too bad overall. I love talking politics but I don't participate much in it online. Kinda pointless arguing with strangers or acquaintances. Everyone has a different story or life experience which guides them to their beliefs. I think it is shallow to discredit someone for what they believe without ever walking in their shoes. I would much rather discuss things in person in the proper setting.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby RonG » Apr Sun 26, 2020 7:31 pm

Where is all this lysol and chlorox talk coming from? I suggest everyone repeating it go back and listen to that entire press briefing. :shock: You're embarrassing yourselves and don't even know it.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby coyote » Apr Mon 27, 2020 7:10 am

Catch a Few you are so right on,, Matt your right too Politics were never ever this bad , like talking on this site is going to change anyones mind
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » Apr Mon 27, 2020 7:30 am

When half the country is watching the media soap opera, taking it seriously, and arguing about shooting up household disinfectant it's the people's fault not the leadership. The whole country is built around the concept the leadership will inevitably become corrupt or incompetent. It's failing because that is happening to the citizens. Turn off the TV.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Mon 27, 2020 9:25 am

Slightly off-topic(?).

Fake news is reporting that Kim Jong Un may have accidentally shot & wounded himself with one of his own test missles.....
i-Dt9kZWb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Apr Mon 27, 2020 11:18 am

If you need some Prevacid for your heartburn, you better grab it now before the hoarding hysteria starts. You heard it here first. I guess they are finding it works well when used with the aquarium cleaner medicine. Studies are underway...
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » Apr Wed 29, 2020 9:47 pm

BREAKING!: Remember the "dunce" who drank the koi pond cleaner? Full blown investigation is going on now for homicide, and it looks like he was likely deliberately poisoned by his lovely wife. The guy was an engineer for John Deere and probably not so stupid after all. She has a wonderful past including even beating the poor man with a bird cage. Keep an eye on this one. Gotta love the fake news and all those that repeat it. --TDS
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby cletedius » Apr Thu 30, 2020 1:10 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
RonG wrote:BREAKING!: Remember the "dunce" who drank the koi pond cleaner? Full blown investigation is going on now for homicide, and it looks like he was likely deliberately poisoned by his lovely wife. The guy was an engineer for John Deere and probably not so stupid after all. She has a wonderful past including even beating the poor man with a bird cage. Keep an eye on this one. Gotta love the fake news and all those that repeat it. T.D.S.

According to the borderline far-right biased National Review? Come on Ron. You're better than this. I already recommended you stop pulling your news from trash sites. This has nothing to do with fake news. There was nothing fake about it... and "likely deliberately poisoned"?? An investigation just started lol. Again, you're better than this. This has nothing to do with TDS, btw.

Not a single other news site is reporting on this, so I'll wait, and not jump to crazy conclusions.

To be fair S&E, it actually WAS reported in the days following the event by a couple of (slanted) obscure sources, along with their history of political/campaign contributions, which I wont mention where they contributed(public record, fact, not subject to manipulation or interpretation). The whole thing was beyond sketchy from the get-go. Even sketchier was the MSM's reporting of them being Trump supporters, when in fact public record shows their contributions were anything but that!
Tonight was the 1st time I saw it picked up by any of the MSM networks, though. Sounds like quite a story if the reports have any ring of truth to them. I, like you, will wait before drawing conclusions. Theyre all full of sh*t!
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Apr Thu 30, 2020 1:57 am

cletedius wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:
RonG wrote:BREAKING!: Remember the "dunce" who drank the koi pond cleaner? Full blown investigation is going on now for homicide, and it looks like he was likely deliberately poisoned by his lovely wife. The guy was an engineer for John Deere and probably not so stupid after all. She has a wonderful past including even beating the poor man with a bird cage. Keep an eye on this one. Gotta love the fake news and all those that repeat it. T.D.S.

According to the borderline far-right biased National Review? Come on Ron. You're better than this. I already recommended you stop pulling your news from trash sites. This has nothing to do with fake news. There was nothing fake about it... and "likely deliberately poisoned"?? An investigation just started lol. Again, you're better than this. This has nothing to do with TDS, btw.

Not a single other news site is reporting on this, so I'll wait, and not jump to crazy conclusions.

To be fair S&E, it actually WAS reported in the days following the event by a couple of (slanted) obscure sources, along with their history of political/campaign contributions, which I wont mention where they contributed(public record, fact, not subject to manipulation or interpretation). The whole thing was beyond sketchy from the get-go. Even sketchier was the MSM's reporting of them being Trump supporters, when in fact public record shows their contributions were anything but that!
Tonight was the 1st time I saw it picked up by any of the MSM networks, though. Sounds like quite a story if the reports have any ring of truth to them. I, like you, will wait before drawing conclusions.

Haha I tried to delete it to avoid too much political talk. I think it was fine to post about it, but throwing in the "likely deliberately killed", fake news stuff, and the TDS stuff was just over the top IMO. I deleted it because I'm not sure how to take Ron's posts in this thread. Lol. I don't know when he's being serious, when he's pointing out silliness, etc.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby cletedius » Apr Thu 30, 2020 2:36 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Haha I tried to delete it to avoid too much political talk. I think it was fine to post about it, but throwing in the "likely deliberately killed", fake news stuff, and the TDS stuff was just over the top IMO. I deleted it because I'm not sure how to take Ron's posts in this thread. Lol. I don't know when he's being serious, when he's pointing out silliness, etc.

I agree 100%. Over the top, for sure!

I just think its MSM, not RonG (or anyone in this thread) soaring to these newly unprecedented heights. :shock:
cletedius
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » Apr Thu 30, 2020 2:53 am

It doesn't matter who is reporting this, there is a homicide investigation going on, confirmed by the po po. The investigation is aimed on the crazy wife who is blaming the orange man for them drinking poison, giddily amplified by the MSM. I heard of it on the news, searched and saw reporting of it on at least 5 news sites. I have no idea who the National Review is. So what if they are "right winged"? Everything else is just the opposite.

SmalliesNEyes wrote:I deleted it because I'm not sure how to take Ron's posts in this thread. Lol. I don't know when he's being serious, when he's pointing out silliness, etc.

That makes two of us. :mrgreen:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby vman01 » Apr Thu 30, 2020 11:16 am

cletedius wrote:unprecedented heights

Or maybe reporting is "sinking to new lows"
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » May Sat 02, 2020 8:50 pm

It's May in Illinois. Don't forget your mask. I went to both Walmart and Target today. Both stores had guards at the entrance and would not admit anyone with a mask. I wouldn't mess with the old biddy at Walmart who I saw chase a guy away.

https://imgur.com/gallery/PRkf1MU
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » May Mon 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Another licker arrested after licking spree

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/woman-arres ... king-spree

Another death from ending lockdown

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/hiker-celeb ... -for-photo

Semi-Covid news that's going around today of a monkey driving a motorcycle, then stealing a child. (it does sound like in the video someone is repeated yelling at the monkey, not for stealing the kid, but because the monkey is not wearing a mask :shock: :crazy: :crazy: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQNv3xsZHW4
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » May Mon 04, 2020 5:00 pm

RonG wrote:Another licker arrested after licking spree

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/woman-arres ... king-spree

Assholes among us. Not really news.

RonG wrote:Another death from ending lockdown

Dumbfucks among us. Not really news.

RonG wrote:Semi-Covid news that's going around today of a monkey driving a motorcycle, then stealing a child. (it does sound like in the video someone is repeated yelling at the monkey, not for stealing the kid, but because the monkey is not wearing a mask :shock: :crazy: :crazy: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQNv3xsZHW4

Give it up, Ron. :lol:
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Tue 05, 2020 11:41 am

cue the theme music
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » May Tue 05, 2020 12:10 pm

joetrain wrote:cue the theme music

Made me lol. :lol:
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » May Tue 05, 2020 12:54 pm

I think we're living in the Twighlight Zone.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby catchafew » May Tue 05, 2020 2:20 pm

RonG wrote:Another death from ending lockdown

Ron,

She was a narcissistic hottie alright, posting pictures from all sorts cliffs. Darwin-2020 claims another victim. Keep em coming.
catchafew
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » May Tue 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Rambler wrote:Not really news. Give it up, Ron.

catchafew wrote:Keep em coming.

I'm so confused :crazy:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby RonG » May Tue 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Sheriff Launches Criminal Probe of Man Wearing KKK Hood as a Face Covering

No klan do.jpg

https://timesofsandiego.com/business/20 ... ntee-vons/
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby joetrain » May Thu 14, 2020 5:12 am

I found this today in my daily perusal of news sources. There are many times I disagree with the author but on this he is spot on.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/governm ... napolitano

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » May Thu 14, 2020 6:28 am

catchafew wrote:On a plus every year when David Crosby and I need a liver transplant we fly to Beijing and only have to wait 24 hours to get on list, find a match and have surgery done.

The son produced for Melissa Etheridge with her artificial insemination using David Crosby's seed has just died of an opioid overdose. :( Lesson: Using a semen donation from a life-long drug and alcohol addict was a poor choice. So sad.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Bassin' Ted » May Thu 14, 2020 11:44 am

joetrain wrote:I found this today in my daily perusal of news sources. There are many times I disagree with the author but on this he is spot on.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/governm ... napolitano

~JOE~

I disagree with him. There are many "freedoms" that we have given up because of the common good. Think of all the rules and laws we must follow in order to protect ourselves and to protect others from us. This is no different. I support our elected officials that look at statistics and listen to the experts rather than those that make decisions based only on the economy and their odds of reelection.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Thu 14, 2020 2:35 pm

You may disagree but the fact is those freedoms are guaranteed in our constitution.

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » May Thu 14, 2020 2:37 pm

joetrain wrote:You may disagree but the fact is those freedoms are guaranteed in our constitution.

~JOE~

None of them have been taken from you or anyone else. Can you tell me which freedoms were taken away? You can choose to go out wherever you want, whenever you want, can choose to voice your opinion, hell, you can even lead an armed protest at a Capitol building if you desire. No one is forcing you to stay home, and no one is forcing you not to see family, friends, or anyone else. There are very few places, if any, enforcing any kind of stay at home order with police action.

I can get in my car right now and drive around, go fishing, go see my family, go see a friend, meet up at a restaurant and order carry out and sit and eat it in the parking lot. I can go to the store, and buy whatever I want. I can take my dogs or new baby for a walk. Yep, had my baby son a week ago today :)

I'm pretty much able to do what I want, except gather in huge groups at sports games or bars. Things I couldn't care less about to begin with. There are common sense things that shouldn't be done right now, for the good of the world, but that's really about it.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Thu 14, 2020 2:48 pm

I can’t go to church it’s prohibited. I can’t go out at night again it is prohibited. I’m told what to wear when I go out and if I don’t have the proper clothing(mask) then I can’t purchase.

~JOE~

ps. congrats on your new baby. I love babies they are so innocent and pure.
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Thu 14, 2020 3:04 pm

I’ll submit this as well ,again from the same author. I’m not sure how you can argue against it.
~JOE~

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-a ... nstitution
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » May Thu 14, 2020 3:57 pm

I can't go to a bar. I can't go to a casino. I can't even go to the dry cleaner as far as I know. Yes, freedoms have been taken away. I'm ready for them to return to me, one way or another. It doesn't matter if they are not important to YOU, they are important to me and others. This SIP crap is way overblown and getting more and more out of hand each day. There, I did it. I've officially cracked!
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby SmalliesNEyes » May Thu 14, 2020 4:18 pm

I don't understand the issue with sacrificing YOUR personal entertainment for the good of all, and whether something is important to me or not is irrelevant. Just comes off selfish to me. Does it really kill you to not go to a bar or casino for a couple months? As far as I know dry cleaners and laundromats are open... that's a public health issue.

I'm sacrificing, as are many others. But if my parents get to live longer because of it, I'm more than happy to make that sacrifice. Not sure why others aren't.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Thu 14, 2020 4:37 pm

The issue is that these orders are unconstitutional.

I listed my freedoms that have been taken away. Sure I can ride it out and will do it but I’m not ok with our constitution being disregarded.

~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » May Thu 14, 2020 4:48 pm

I have differing opinions on things you're bringing up so we can just agree to disagree Joe. :thumbup:

Prolly for the best.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » May Sat 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Is being forced to wear a mask at a store really any different than "no shirt, no shoes, no service"? does wearing pants take away you freedom?

Do you think your faith with keep you from catching the virus? There was a large outbreak early on that was all linked to a church in Glenview. I'm sure there are many other examples throughout the country.

That said, I dont think a shutdown is sustainable and we need to reopen soon.
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby FishinMatt » May Sat 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Just got back from Walworth County. Wide open up there. I just fished though :lol: Came back home and the in-laws were over for the first time in months. On second though, maybe these restrictions are not so bad?
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby Aux Pleins » May Sat 16, 2020 9:38 pm

I'm gonna be pissed when traffic returns back to normal. I hope the shutdown lasts forever because Im a selfish truck driver who drives through the loop 4x a day.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

PreviousNext

Return to WindyCityTavern