Media created mass Hysteria

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Re: Media created mass Hysteria

Postby RonG » May Sun 17, 2020 3:12 am

FloridaRigger wrote:does wearing pants take away you freedom?

Actually I feel more free since I exploited this crisis to stop wearing pants in public. I just use my spare mask down there to cover up. No one's hassled me yet. 'Haven't figured out where to keep the wallet and keys yet though. Probably an ankle gun holster would suffice.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby minstrel » May Sun 17, 2020 11:53 am

Agreed on the traffic, it's a wonder coming back from Busse and not worrying about how long it will take to get through the damn Hillside Strangler... I vastly prefer 25 minutes to pushing an hour.

Our condo, as of yesterday (they put signs up) is a 'must wear a mask to go check your mail' locale. :roll:
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby FloridaRigger » May Sun 17, 2020 6:16 pm

RonG wrote:
Actually I feel more free since I exploited this crisis to stop wearing pants in public. I just use my spare mask down there to cover up. No one's hassled me yet. 'Haven't figured out where to keep the wallet and keys yet though. Probably an ankle gun holster would suffice.

I think that's called a maskini :lol:
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby RonG » May Sun 17, 2020 8:11 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup:
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby daveishere » May Mon 18, 2020 11:15 am

Today at work we have a townhall and a doctor on to discuss Covid. He has had less then 1 percent of his patients with this pass away. He said the survival rate is 99% and most people will never now they have it, most at risk are those with existing serious health concerns. Said to stop stressing about it, the stress and lack of exercise is much worse then getting COVID. Has had great success with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin treatment. Main point was to get it early to start treatment if required. Other piece of advice, stay away from the news and social media, it is toxic and again worse for you then getting COVID.
daveishere
Minnow

Postby SmalliesNEyes » May Mon 18, 2020 11:28 am

Lol.

Was his name Dr. Phil? Or maybe Dr. Doug Ross? Haha.

Main point was to get it early? Lol. How about not getting it at all? Considering the long-term effects on the body are still unknown... and you have no idea if you're going to die from it or not, as it has a vastly different effect on each individual? You could think you're the healthiest person alive, and it could kill you... so yeah, I'm sure a doctor said to "get it early". Haha. No respectable doctor in their right mind would suggest "getting it early".

Touting Hydroxychloroquine and Z packs? Hydroxychloroquine was found to have terrible side-effects, and was actually found to have a higher death rate when used, and is no longer being used as a treatment. I sure hope he's not still using it, as he's killing patients if he is...

Oh, and I'm sure he said to stay away from social media and the news. :roll:

I also bet he said that stress and no exercise are worse than getting it... because he knows that no one is exercising how? And he knows how it will affect each individual person how? Lol.

Either you're making shit up, or your doctor in your town hall was a moron. If he's a real doctor, he should have his license revoked.

This is the current leading resource on Covid-19 information linked below, btw. They have the US mortality rate at 6% when looking at deaths per 100 confirmed cases, currently, and that could be lower, or it could be higher. We just don't know enough yet, as testing is STILL lagging behind. So for him to say it's less than 1% is bullshit, and him simply making shit up.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Do me a favor, and stop spreading misinformation on here. Thanks.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » May Mon 18, 2020 2:19 pm

I'm pretty sure I had it last week. I had all the symptoms except shortness of breath. diarrhea was the first sign then fever, chills and bad body aches. My heart rate was 120. I almost passed out trying to take a shower. I still have a sore throat and a very swollen lymph node a week later. I've had a lot of colds and upper respiratory infections over the past two years with my twins in day care. they've been at home for two months and this illness was unlike anything I've had in a long time. Kind of like the flu plus strep throat. I did take the throat swab test at Northshore health and it came back negative. I've since found out that it has a lot of false negatives and is only about 60% accurate. Even the doctor's orders were to self isolate for at least 7 days if you test negative. I really dont know what else it could have been or where I got it. Possibly getting take out on Mothers day or grocery shopping a few days before that.

I'm 34 in decent shape and have low cholesterol, normal blood sugar and low blood pressure so overall healthy and it still kicked my ass for a few days. Yes some people will have milder symptoms but any guy over 18 should be concerned by the statistics, not to mention if you have kids with the new links to the inflammatory syndrome in children. If you are diabetic or overweight you should be very concerned. My sister is a nurse on the COVID floor at the waukegan hospital. She says nearly everyone in the ICU has those conditions. The hospitals in Lake county are at or near capacity. I dont see how this wont come back stronger in the fall after an open summer. At least we'll be more prepared this time.
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby Bassin' Ted » May Mon 18, 2020 5:32 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote: Considering the long-term effects on the body are still unknown... and you have no idea if you're going to die from it or not, as it has a vastly different effect on each individual? You could think you're the healthiest person alive, and it could kill you... so yeah, I'm sure a doctor said to "get it early". Haha. No respectable doctor in their right mind would suggest "getting it early".

Just to show how it affects people differently, my buddy is a Chicago fireman and he had a very mild case. He felt achy one day and slept 15 hours and then felt like he had a mild cold for a couple days. He was back to 100% within 4-5 days. Two colleagues of his died. One was 49 and the other was 55 and both were in relatively good shape.

My buddy's wife never got it and he kissed her the morning of the day he started feeling sick. His kids never got it.
I love the smell of Powerbait in the morning!
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bassin' Ted » May Mon 18, 2020 5:34 pm

FloridaRigger wrote:I'm pretty sure I had it last week. I had all the symptoms except shortness of breath. diarrhea was the first sign then fever, chills and bad body aches. My heart rate was 120. I almost passed out trying to take a shower. I still have a sore throat and a very swollen lymph node a week later. I've had a lot of colds and upper respiratory infections over the past two years with my twins in day care. they've been at home for two months and this illness was unlike anything I've had in a long time. Kind of like the flu plus strep throat. I did take the throat swab test at Northshore health and it came back negative. I've since found out that it has a lot of false negatives and is only about 60% accurate. Even the doctor's orders were to self isolate for at least 7 days if you test negative. I really dont know what else it could have been or where I got it. Possibly getting take out on Mothers day or grocery shopping a few days before that.

Glad you're feeling better.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » May Mon 18, 2020 5:39 pm

Rigger: If you had it glad you're better.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SpecialEd » May Mon 18, 2020 7:22 pm

SpecialEd
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby daveishere » May Tue 19, 2020 9:40 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:Lol.

Was his name Dr. Phil? Or maybe Dr. Doug Ross? Haha.

Main point was to get it early? Lol. How about not getting it at all? Considering the long-term effects on the body are still unknown... and you have no idea if you're going to die from it or not, as it has a vastly different effect on each individual? You could think you're the healthiest person alive, and it could kill you... so yeah, I'm sure a doctor said to "get it early". Haha. No respectable doctor in their right mind would suggest "getting it early".

Touting Hydroxychloroquine and Z packs? Hydroxychloroquine was found to have terrible side-effects, and was actually found to have a higher death rate when used, and is no longer being used as a treatment. I sure hope he's not still using it, as he's killing patients if he is...

Oh, and I'm sure he said to stay away from social media and the news. :roll:

I also bet he said that stress and no exercise are worse than getting it... because he knows that no one is exercising how? And he knows how it will affect each individual person how? Lol.

Either you're making shit up, or your doctor in your town hall was a moron. If he's a real doctor, he should have his license revoked.

This is the current leading resource on Covid-19 information linked below, btw. They have the US mortality rate at 6% when looking at deaths per 100 confirmed cases, currently, and that could be lower, or it could be higher. We just don't know enough yet, as testing is STILL lagging behind. So for him to say it's less than 1% is bullshit, and him simply making shit up.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Do me a favor, and stop spreading misinformation on here. Thanks.

Wow that was harsh. By early he meant don't wait to go to the doctor if you are feeling sick. And yes mortality is low when you consider that there are 100s or thousands that have had it with no to mild symptoms which is the vast majority of cases. And yes stay away from the news and social media it is all toxic, or continue to watch whatever fits the narrative you want to follow.......which is what most people do, so getting facts for most folks is extremely hard.
And Yeah he plays a doctor on TV..,....... :roll:
daveishere
Minnow

Postby daveishere » May Tue 19, 2020 9:46 am

FloridaRigger wrote:I'm pretty sure I had it last week. I had all the symptoms except shortness of breath. diarrhea was the first sign then fever, chills and bad body aches. My heart rate was 120. I almost passed out trying to take a shower. I still have a sore throat and a very swollen lymph node a week later. I've had a lot of colds and upper respiratory infections over the past two years with my twins in day care. they've been at home for two months and this illness was unlike anything I've had in a long time. Kind of like the flu plus strep throat. I did take the throat swab test at Northshore health and it came back negative. I've since found out that it has a lot of false negatives and is only about 60% accurate. Even the doctor's orders were to self isolate for at least 7 days if you test negative. I really dont know what else it could have been or where I got it. Possibly getting take out on Mothers day or grocery shopping a few days before that.

I'm 34 in decent shape and have low cholesterol, normal blood sugar and low blood pressure so overall healthy and it still kicked my ass for a few days. Yes some people will have milder symptoms but any guy over 18 should be concerned by the statistics, not to mention if you have kids with the new links to the inflammatory syndrome in children. If you are diabetic or overweight you should be very concerned. My sister is a nurse on the COVID floor at the waukegan hospital. She says nearly everyone in the ICU has those conditions. The hospitals in Lake county are at or near capacity. I dont see how this wont come back stronger in the fall after an open summer. At least we'll be more prepared this time.

It is interesting how some folks get hit hard and a lot never know they had it. Glad you are feeling better. Back at the end of Jan/Early Feb I got hit by something while at a convention for work (Dry cough lasted for a couple weeks, head and neck hurt from coughing), and my kids had a couple days of high fever that came and went.
daveishere
Minnow

Postby FishinMatt » May Tue 19, 2020 9:52 am

Dave, I agree that was harsh. You are entitled to share your experience or opinions here freely as long as you respect the site guidelines, which you always do.
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Postby RonG » May Tue 19, 2020 11:51 am

daveishere wrote:Wow that was harsh. By early he meant don't wait to go to the doctor if you are feeling sick.

I clearly understood what I was reading when I read what daveishere said the doctor said. Just like cancer, diabetes, or a zillion other things, best to catch it early and start treatment or at least start lifestyle changes sooner than when you are underwater with it.

This "5-8%" mortality rate is being tossed around is complete bunk when the real infection rate is not known. It is estimated to be 25 to 80 times higher than the reported rate. Randomized testing is already showing that the infection rate is over 20% in NYC and 12% for the rest of the state when extrapolated out from the expanded testing that has been done.

NYC Health Dept wrote: In March, April and early May, we had discouraged people with mild and moderate symptoms from being tested, so our data primarily represent people with more severe illness.

A month ago they tested everyone in a homeless shelter in Boston. Out of 398, a whopping 146 tested positive. 100% of the 146 were asymptomatic (showing no symptoms) That's over 1/3 of that population that were positive and never would have been counted except for this little testing experiment.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/17/us/bosto ... index.html

Actual US mortality rates have been calculated to be as low as 0.4%, but usually under 1%. Reality will come more clearly in view as more and more antibody tests are run. I predict the number of folks that find out they were infected and never knew it will be astronomical. I wish everyone could be tested at once and settle this, but the reality wont be good for those that want to keep everything shut down.

The asymptomatic are great carriers/spreaders and what I don't see much talk about is all this mandatory temperature checking. A huge proportion of all the temperature checks before entering work, a venue, a restaurant, store or plane are completely useless when the spreaders with no symptoms and no fever get to walk right in.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Rambler » May Tue 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Good points Ron. How can we possibly know infection or mortality rates when so few have been tested?

I could be wrong but I was told long ago that you can't get close to any semblance of accuracy unless your sample is 25% of the total. We're nowhere near that & probably won't be for months, if ever.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » May Tue 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Rambler wrote:I could be wrong but I was told long ago that you can't get close to any semblance of accuracy unless your sample is 25% of the total. We're nowhere near that & probably won't be for months, if ever.

You start to get statistically valid results with a sample size of 30, after 100 diminishing returns to increasing sample size starts to kick in, for a given population. You can argue in circles for days about what an individual population is though. That's the stats 101 take anyway.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Thu 21, 2020 12:02 pm

From the “Re-Open Illinois” rally last Saturday. My oldest son and I were tired of bitching about the lock down and had to do something. First time rally for a cause for both of us. We feel that strongly about getting this state and country back to work. I Loved that some of news stations called it a “gathering of white supremest” hahaha. There were just about an equal amount of blacks and Hispanics to whites present. One guy who was obviously a racist/supremest (edit: guy holding the adolf pritzker sign) was forcibly removed by the crowd and handed off to the CPD idk what CPD did with the guy. CPD was there in force but basically standing around chatting with the crowd. Didn’t lift a finger to those of us without masks and not adhering to social distancing rules. Totally burnt out trying to get people to understand that this lock down is annihilating businesses and family finances and in the end that devastation will far exceed the damage the virus will do.

Btw those of you that keep spewing “listen to the experts” or “are you a virologist?” “The governor is doing this for our benefit and is adhering to CDC Guidelines” please stop because the CDC YET AGAIN! Just changed their tune and are now saying the virus “is not easily spread on hard or soft surfaces” google it. My son works at Costco Schaumburg. They have had literally hundreds of thousands customers come through their doors...zero infections to employees. 5 out of the other 30 Chicagoland stores have had “zero” infections. Total infections amongst the 30 stores with thousands of employees and several million customers through the doors? 14 with zero deaths. This shit is political and I will repeat the subject line that I started it out still applies but with an additional caveat “Media created mass hysteria for political agendas”

As of yesterday 7 business within a 1/2 mile of our home, 5 which are restaurants have permanently closed. So sad and thousands more will in days/months to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Thu 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Probably is political. Maybe, I don’t know. If it is then that is sad. Also sad to think that there may be people or politicians that hate the orange man so much that they may have a different agenda than what is best for our country.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think China did this on purpose. What’s worse is my mind then wants to go to the thought that some of our own politicians could have been in on it so the economy would get trashed and the president would lose the next election.
I hope none of that is true.

This is one messed up world. If life is like a game of golf then I’m on the 17th or 18th hole. Almost done with my round. I feel bad for babies like SNE’s new daughter or my one year old granddaughter. They just teed off and the course is a mess.

Kiss your loved ones my friends then go wet a line.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby daveishere » May Thu 21, 2020 1:33 pm

joetrain wrote:Probably is political. Maybe, I don’t know. If it is then that is sad. Also sad to think that there may be people or politicians that hate the orange man so much that they may have a different agenda than what is best for our country.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think China did this on purpose. What’s worse is my mind then wants to go to the thought that some of our own politicians could have been in on it so the economy would get trashed and the president would lose the next election.
I hope none of that is true.

This is one messed up world. If life is like a game of golf then I’m on the 17th or 18th hole. Almost done with my round. I feel bad for babies like SNE’s new daughter or my one year old granddaughter. They just teed off and the course is a mess.

Kiss your loved ones my friends then go wet a line.
~JOE~

I am with you, though I am past this NOT being Political. It obviously is when you look at the news compared to reality. Just look at what the House has been trying to push through on some of these relief bills, so much progressive agenda it's not even funny. There are a lot of quotes by house members stating how this is their chance to pass big change legislation. Worried about their agenda and not the American people. Then when the Senate rejects the bill they can say they dont want to help the American people etc etc......oh and stay off Twitter, the COVID bullies there will slaughter anyone that disagrees. The Internet is such a Cesspool.
daveishere
Minnow

Postby Bassin' Ted » May Thu 21, 2020 1:50 pm

HEDDONFROG wrote:
Btw those of you that keep spewing “listen to the experts” or “are you a virologist?” “The governor is doing this for our benefit and is adhering to CDC Guidelines” please stop because the CDC YET AGAIN! Just changed their tune and are now saying the virus “is not easily spread on hard or soft surfaces” google it.

You might not be aware of how science works. Reports and studies will continuously be done in order to learn everything we can about this NEW virus. Just because we learn something that makes us adjust our previous thoughts doesn't mean you throw out the rest of the science or that you ignore the basic fundamentals of virology. This is the same approach Creationists take against evolution. Scientists will discover that some small part of the scientific theory is flawed and needs to be changed so that becomes the basis Creationists try to use for discrediting all of it. All we can do is make the best decisions we can with the information available.

In terms of the CDC specifically, I read that they stated the virus is not as easily transmitted on surfaces as it is from person-to-person. There is still a threat for the virus to be transmitted via surfaces but with good hygiene practices the risks are lower than they originally thought. Not sure why this is so controversial.

Lastly, I am very pleased with how Pritzker is handling this pandemic and he will definitely get my vote again. Oh yeah, you might not want to complain about being unfairly labeled as a white supremacist and then post a picture of Pritzker, a Jew, as Hitler.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Thu 21, 2020 2:01 pm

Bassin' Ted wrote:
HEDDONFROG wrote:
Btw those of you that keep spewing “listen to the experts” or “are you a virologist?” “The governor is doing this for our benefit and is adhering to CDC Guidelines” please stop because the CDC YET AGAIN! Just changed their tune and are now saying the virus “is not easily spread on hard or soft surfaces” google it.

You might not be aware of how science works. Reports and studies will continuously be done in order to learn everything we can about this NEW virus. Just because we learn something that makes us adjust our previous thoughts doesn't mean you throw out the rest of the science or that you ignore the basic fundamentals of virology. This is the same approach Creationists take against evolution. Scientists will discover that some small part of the scientific theory is flawed and needs to be changed so that becomes the basis Creationists try to use for discrediting all of it. All we can do is make the best decisions we can with the information available.

In terms of the CDC specifically, I read that they stated the virus is not as easily transmitted on surfaces as it is from person-to-person. There is still a threat for the virus to be transmitted via surfaces but with good hygiene practices the risks are lower than they originally thought. Not sure why this is so controversial.

Lastly, I am very pleased with how Pritzker is handling this pandemic and he will definitely get my vote again. Oh yeah, you might not want to complain about being unfairly labeled as a white supremacist and then post a picture of Pritzker, a Jew, as Hitler.

As stated above...That’s the guy that was removed Paul

Jen, my GF Has a PHD in micro biology and runs the biology department at a college. She has explained how TESTING works and explained exactly what you did and defends them in this regard. The problem is that they are not changing the lock down rules as this new data comes out. It’s based on the old data. Don’t think yesterday’s loosening of the lockdown rules by pritzker was from new data it was from massive pressure from state reps and The People. Another BTW, Jen is in the teachers union as well and can’t stand pritzker no matter how much her union wants her to back him. My mom is retired but still on the board of the hospital she ran for 30yrs and has been in close contact. They both think what we’re being fed is complete and utter BS in a lot of instances regarding the shut down. I’m not pulling my beliefs from any media but from family and friends in the medical community and yes I know you’re a science teacher and know your beliefs on how this has been handled is based on the science you’re reading

P.s before anyone gets it in their heads that I have an ounce of anti-semitism...my sons were raised Jewish by their mother. It’s nice to know I can make poke fun of Jews, Asians and I guess Swedes lol :D

Ok I’m done. Rebuttal anything I’ve said but I’m not commenting further. I’m exhausted from it all
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » May Fri 22, 2020 2:10 pm

I kind of get what you guys mean when you say its "political". There may be a better term for it though. I mean a Republican president is taking preventative steps by going on antimalaria drugs, wearing masks in private, getting tested twice a day and three times on Sunday.

And what "political" terms were countries like Italy, Korea, and the U.K. acting on? I'm not an expert on viruses or pandemics, but yes a lot of people are not getting paychecks and businesses are failing. The total shutdown may have been a bit much imo.

I'm not trying to stir anyone's pot, because I do understand everyone in here is all for the well being of others, especially the vulnerable.

The only "political" aspects of all this I've come to hate are the business as usual in this country. The largest corporations get about 95% of the welfare, while 350 million people get to fight over the other 5%. And in the last 4 decades, didnt matter which party was running the country or state.

200521-donald-trump-mask-low-quality-inline-ac-945p_da30c66da8ff8aee4b02cf1b45347b00.fit-1240w.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby oldsalt » May Sat 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Has to be political remember the story of the scorpion and the frog
oldsalt
Fishing Czar

Postby matt_ski » May Sat 23, 2020 3:00 pm

As Rahm Emanuel said „never let a good crisis go to waste” hence it will always be political.
matt_ski
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Bassin' Ted » May Sat 23, 2020 4:14 pm

matt_ski wrote:As Rahm Emanuel said „never let a good crisis go to waste” hence it will always be political.

Listened to a podcast from him on Freakanomics a couple weeks ago. He is a sharp dude.
Bassin' Ted
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Sat 23, 2020 10:54 pm

More secondary issues to the lock down that isn’t getting nearly enough press. I mean think about it, 600 unified front line physicians speak out and only Forbes highlights the issues. Idk. Btw I’m not talking about it, just passing pertinent information along :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... ident/amp/

Not political?
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Sun 24, 2020 8:54 am

More pertinent info from the Judge that ruled against Pritzker. Pretty much sums how I feel about it all

MAY 23, 2020 BY KATHY SANDS

Chief Judge Michael McHaney of Clay County had this to say at the conclusion of the case he heard yesterday afternoon (Mainer v Pritzker) in the Clay County courtroom:

“Since the inception of this insanity, the following regulations, rules or consequences have occurred: I won't get COVID if I get an abortion, but I will get COVID if I get a colonoscopy. Selling pot is essential, but selling goods and services at a family owned business is not. Pot wasn't even legal and pot dispensaries didn't even exist in this state until five months ago and, in that five months, they have become essential, but a family-owned business in existence for five generations is not.

A family of six can pile in their car and drive to Carlyle Lake without contracting COVID but, if they all get in the same boat, they will. We are told that kids rarely contract the virus and sunlight kills it, but summer youth programs, sports programs are cancelled. Four people can drive to the golf course and not get COVID but, if they play in a foursome, they will. If I go to Walmart, I won't get COVID but, if I go to church, I will. Murderers are released from custody while small business owners are threatened with arrest if they have the audacity to attempt to feed their families.

These are just a few of examples of rules, regulations and consequences that are arbitrary, capricious, and completely devoid of anything even remotely approaching common sense.

State's attorneys in this state, county sheriffs, mayors, city councils and county boards have openly and publicly defied these orders followed by threats to withhold funding and revocation of necessary licenses and certifications unless you obey. Our economy is shut down because of a flu virus with a 98 percent plus survival rate. Doctors and experts say different things weekly. The defendant cites models in his opposition. The only thing experts will agree on is that all models are wrong and some are useful.

The Centers for Disease Control now says the virus is not easily spread on surfaces. The defendant in this case orders you to stay home and pronounces that, if you leave the state, you are putting people in danger, but his family members traveled to Florida and Wisconsin because he deems such travel essential. One initial rationale why the rules don't apply to him is that his family farm had animals that needed fed. Try selling that argument to farmers who have had to slaughter their herds because of disruption in the supply chain.

When laws do not apply to those who make them, people are not being governed, they are being ruled. Make no mistake, these executive orders are not laws. They are royal decrees. Illinois citizens are not being governed, they are being ruled. The last time I checked, Illinois citizens are also Americans and Americans don't get ruled. The last time a monarch tried to rule Americans, a shot was fired that was heard around the world. That day led to the birth of a nation consensually governed based upon a document which ensures that on this day in this, any American courtroom tyrannical despotism will always lose and liberty, freedom and the constitution will always win.”—Judge Michael D. McHaney, Clay County court, Mainer v. Pritzker, argued May 22, 2020.
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby coyote » May Sun 24, 2020 9:09 am

Heddon, so true!
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Brett » May Sun 24, 2020 9:43 am

+1 Heddon.
Brett
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Sun 24, 2020 12:01 pm

I was saying this a few pages ago. Not as succinctly but the thought was the same.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day. It’s not just a day off. It is a day we set aside to remember our fallen heroes that fought for our freedoms. These same freedoms that are now being stripped away. I know many think that it is fine to temporarily set aside our freedoms for the common good. I disagree. Take these freedoms away and you may never get them back. There is a reason why the whole world wants to live here. It’s because of our freedom.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FloridaRigger » May Sun 24, 2020 5:20 pm

HEDDONFROG wrote:
Not political?

OK boomer :D dont believe everything you see on the internet. sorry Dave I have to call you out on this picture and its cherry picked data. There's democrats and republicans in all states. what makes a state democrat or republican? 3 of the "republican" states voted for Trump (michigan, pennsylvania and louisiana). what about the 30 states and 100M people they chose not to include? why arent Virginia and Georgia included under republican states? each has over 1000 deaths. lets also look at geography. blue states are more urban the red states. the virus spreads more easily in dense populations. obviously the densely populated Northeast outbreak makes up the majority of the deaths. The virus came from China and Europe. New York is a major international and domestic travel hub, as is LA and Chicago. Mardi Gras in new orleans brought the virus and outbreak there. I could go on...
FloridaRigger
Fishing Czar

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Sun 24, 2020 5:50 pm

FloridaRigger wrote:
HEDDONFROG wrote:
Not political?

OK boomer :D dont believe everything you see on the internet. sorry Dave I have to call you out on this picture and its cherry picked data. There's democrats and republicans in all states. what makes a state democrat or republican? 3 of the "republican" states voted for Trump (michigan, pennsylvania and louisiana). what about the 30 states and 100M people they chose not to include? why arent Virginia and Georgia included under republican states? each has over 1000 deaths. lets also look at geography. blue states are more urban the red states. the virus spreads more easily in dense populations. obviously the densely populated Northeast outbreak makes up the majority of the deaths. The virus came from China and Europe. New York is a major international and domestic travel hub, as is LA and Chicago. Mardi Gras in new orleans brought the virus and outbreak there. I could go on...

Sorry but I’m Gen X...this is why the democratic states have higher death rates, yes, in addition to higher population densities. The numbers are way out of skew. It’s how they’re classifying them. This the governors IDPH director, his right hand woman in all this. This is not “from the Internet” it’s her own words at a press conference. New York is doing the same and New Jersey probably is as well though I havent looked into them. Believe whatever you want but in this state, we’re all being played

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-direct ... lassified/
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » May Sun 24, 2020 6:42 pm

I got a laugh out of the Democratic States and Republicans States comparison. Like a virus traveling the globe is going to hop over the east coast to get to those international destinations like Oklahoma.

I guess the political aspect you guys were referring to was Tronald Dump getting rid of our pandemic response team in 2018, followed by budget cuts to the CDC. This global pandemic has seen much stricter shutdowns or stay at home orders in foreign countries than we've seen here. Please dont take offense to my nickname for the President. They all get one from me, Republican or Democrat, they are all sons of bit#@$ in my book.

I was way up in Wisconsin today. Still practicing social distancing at most places, even though they're open. Tape on the floor, plexi glass here and there. Public restrooms closed here and open there. I don't know what Wisconsin falls under, Blue or Red state. I just don't think its that black or white to define them as such.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby daveishere » May Mon 25, 2020 10:49 am

HEDDONFROG wrote:
FloridaRigger wrote:
HEDDONFROG wrote:
Not political?

Sorry but I’m Gen X...this is why the democratic states have higher death rates, yes, in addition to higher population densities. The numbers are way out of skew. It’s how they’re classifying them. This the governors IDPH director, his right hand woman in all this. This is not “from the Internet” it’s her own words at a press conference. New York is doing the same and New Jersey probably is as well though I havent looked into them. Believe whatever you want but in this state, we’re all being played

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-direct ... lassified/

Love this doozy from here in that video ""If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined."

The issue is you can't trust any one and they keep changing things. Now that they keep changing things their line is" Well that is science it keeps changing." In my opinion this was well over played, and the unfortunate things is seeing our Governor act like a dictator. I have no problem following recommendations provided by science, but when you start threatening peoples rights and shutting down businesses that are not considered 'Essential," releasing 'at risk' Sex offenders from prison, then I have a problem. People are fed up, its simple, you supposedly have bent the curve (Which doesn't change anything as you still have the same number of cases and deaths just over a longer period of time, prolonging the misery for the unemployed and healthy), so at this point if you want to go out go out, if you want to stay home and hide, stay home and hide. Don't lose sight of your freedoms, if you let them take them away, you may never get them back.
daveishere
Minnow

Previous

Return to WindyCityTavern