Putting the time to good use

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

Putting the time to good use

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 03, 2020 1:38 pm

So yesterday on my return from the Dupe I promised my wife that I'd give up fishing until all this is over. She & my daughter are about to kill me (saving the virus from the trouble). So now I'm looking for ways to use my time most effectively.

After lunch today I pulled out my trusty, old Black & Decker Leaf Hog and sucked up a winter's worth of leaves, sticks, etc. from my deck. I'm planning on spraying it down with Wet & Forget on Sunday before plants get serious.

And I just finished reorganizing my tackle bag. I finally retired my Storm Hot n Tots. Just bought a Whopper Plopper (which makes 2 of them) which will occupy their spot. Re-did some tubes with new jig heads and added a couple paddle tails. Then I figured out how to store all my plastics in the old bag under my desk so that Gunner the mischievous Maine Coon cat can't get them anymore. For some reason he thinks pulling them out of the bag and distributing them around my office is good fun. Let's see what he comes up with next - little bastard.

I'm down to the nubs on digitizing my slide library. Only took me 3 years. There's probably fewer than 100 left. It took 4 trips with a full trunk to take all the carousels to Goodwill. Tried selling them on eBay for $1.50 each. Got 2 offers from people on the west coast - they each wanted 10. But postage was $75 so they both passed.

I might post some old pictures here if I get in the mood. Oh what the heck...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Putting the time to good use

Postby RonG » Apr Fri 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Rambler wrote: Dupe I promised my wife that I'd give up fishing until all this is over.

12-18 months is a long time. Maybe you can convert your digitals to prints with all your free time.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby jmdog2003 » Apr Fri 03, 2020 2:08 pm

"I promised my wife that I'd give up fishing until all this is over."

Oh no no no, that's way too open ended. What exactly is "over"? What if COVID-19 is something that's simply around from now on, with treatments being developed as opposed to a cure? Don't leave the interpretation up to your wife. We'll never see you fishing again. They're mean.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 03, 2020 2:20 pm

RonG wrote:12-18 months is a long time.

Not if I'm dead.
RonG wrote:Maybe you can convert your digitals to prints with all your free time

Hmm...Ron, you might be on to something. :D
jmdog2003 wrote:Don't leave the interpretation up to your wife. We'll never see you fishing again. They're mean.

Ah grasshopper you've much to learn. After damn near 40 years of marriage and 90 days of hanging around the house she'll beg me to go fishing.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Apr Fri 03, 2020 2:47 pm

Rambler wrote:After damn near 40 years of marriage and 90 days of hanging around the house she'll beg me to go fishing.

Now that is how you turn it around.
Rambler wrote:1954 Chrysler Town & Country.

I perk up when I see an old Mopar. With the extra "V' trim I would guess it was the 331 V8 but nothing wrong with the base model flathead 6. Would love to have that old wagon now.
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby Fishy Bitch » Apr Fri 03, 2020 2:56 pm

How on earth can you get rid of Hot-N-Tots????
Fishy Bitch
Pan Fish

Postby Rambler » Apr Fri 03, 2020 4:41 pm

vman01 wrote:I perk up when I see an old Mopar. With the extra "V' trim I would guess it was the 331 V8 but nothing wrong with the base model flathead 6. Would love to have that old wagon now.

Ah - someone else who appreciates classic American steel. It was indeed the 331 Hemi. It was a thing of incredible beauty and somewhat ponderous grace. I always thought it was like driving the Santa Fe Superchief.

Unfortunately I blew a connecting rod & the fix was beyond my budget at the time. Sold it to a guy who owned a museum down around Springfield.

And yes, I so wish I had that car today especially since they routinely go for over $60k. I paid $150 for it.

Fishy Bitch wrote:How on earth can you get rid of Hot-N-Tots????

Didn't get rid of them. Put them in the bag under my desk with a number of others. I might pull them out again. You never know.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityTavern