Chicago Fishing Forum banner

2nd Moderna vaccine

6K views 65 replies 22 participants last post by  Peter Piper 
#1 ·
We got our 2nd shots last night. My wife's sick as a dog. I have a sore, slightly swollen shoulder.

In a couple weeks we plan to emerge from isolation. She's jonesing to go shopping. Can you guess what I'm jonesing for?

#31 ·
I got the Pfizer shots the 2nd day they were available to us (Dec 18). Arm ached like hell after the first one but one of the ER docs said the administrator probably just poked a bone, no biggie. 2nd shot knocked me on my ass. I had work the day after injection and still went in as an effort to save PTO. I was severely fatigued and lethargic, mild chills, an elevated temp (99.5) and had some mild nausea. The day after was severe nausea and extremely mild fatigue. 3rd day I was 100% fine.

#37 ·
BrookfieldAngler said:
Felt fine last night after shot 2. Arm feels like a well worked pinching back and a little achy everywhere else so far this morning. Hopefully this is as bad as gets!
Once again, even if it gets a bit worse it's better than being on a respirator.

I said somewhere on WCF that this pandemic is a test of the maturity of the American people. So far I think we're failing. :roll:

#38 ·
I have been off the grid a while, mostly fishing and catching plenty of bass, crappie and bluegill in the notoriously tough Forest Preserve Lakes. The past month has been outstanding with the cooler weather. Bass in particular I have found in the depths and feeding on the bottom. Catches have improved every-time I go but they have been hard to entice.

Obviously COVID and the vaccine has remained an issue. Whether to take the vaccine it or not is a personal decision. "My body, my choice" comes to mind. I admit I am slightly to the right, born and prospered under Margaret Thatcher, fallen on harder times (AGI last year was $35k) but hey I can still fish. I have not taken the vaccine, nor has my family. But I respect each person to make their own call.

On COVID I have tried to stick to facts. Two months ago, President Biden called repeal of the mask mandates in Texas, Mississippi and elsewhere as "Neanderthal thinking". Yet, cases precipitously dropped. Three weeks ago the CDC Director teared up at the horror of Texas dropping their mask mandate. Cases continued to drop. Two weeks ago the CDC still "required" vaccinated people to continue to wear masks. Earlier this week the CDC quietly lowered the cycle threshold of the PCR test to detect COVID infections making it far less likely for people to test positive.

And now they are no longer recommending masks. Why the sudden changes? Does anybody still believe this was really about health and safety?

IMO I believe the WH ordered the CDC to declare COVID "over" days after the irrefutable evidence of Fauci funding the Wuhan lab came to light when he was caught lying to Congress last week.
Dr. Rand Paul was magnificent in the Debate with Fauci. It is well worth watching. Destroyed him. Took him to the woodshed. Fact: Fauci funded "Gain of Function" research of coronaviruses by the EcoHealth Alliance at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. And worst of all, the blue states then got their pensions and teachers unions bailed out by us the taxpayers. That was why the Democrats had to keep the shutdowns going - for the billions in federal stimulus that favored the states that ruined their economies.

Payment for services rendered. Job done. Now watch our Governor fully open up in Illinois. No more masks (orders from above).

You know the CDC did not lift mask mandates because of science (there never was any). They lifted mask mandates because President Biden's gas crisis, Middle East crisis, inflation crisis, and the border crisis has engulfed his administration. They desperately needed to change the news cycle. I paid $3.39 for my gas today, who can be happy with that?

COVID was a plandemic. The number of cases highly inflated and the deaths were as well. Hospitals had an financial incentive to label COVID as a cause of death and the medical community blocked effective medications from being used in early stages.

Most people that caught the virus, and I know many, had mild symptoms and recovered. The already sick, weak and elderly were at the most risk and the rest of us were not. The vaccines are experimental and the long term risks unknown. Big Pharma and big government worked together to frighten the populace into submission. The plan worked beyond all their expectations. People believed the lies and followed instructions. Watch how fast Fauci disappears, like he never existed.

The Fauci Virus. History is not going to be kind to the perpetrators of this fraud. People need to be indicted.

God bless America and I pray the American people (and the world for that matter) see justice served.

Looking forward to another another day out on the bank tomorrow. Tight lines all.

#39 ·
Totally agree with everything you posted. I'm sure most on this site will disagree but as you said that is a personal decision. I'm no longer living in Chicago so I don't have firsthand knowledge of your situation there. Here in NC in the county I live in the deaths caused by the virus is about 0.004%. Pretty good odds of survival. Those odds and the fact that I distrust our government keep me from getting the vaccine. That and I value my freedom to make my own choices.

From the start I felt that if an individual was concerned about contracting this virus the burden was on them to protect themselves. I wore the mask when shopping even though I didn't want to but the only reason I did was, and you can hate me for it, was because I felt that if Jesus were here he would mask up. I felt it was my duty as a Christ follower to try to protect others. I will still wear one where it is required but our governor on Friday rescinded the mandate so life is getting somewhat back to normalcy.

My hopes and prayers are that this vaccine is actually safe and 10 years from now we won't be seeing adverse effects.

Here's another thing you can hate me for. Right now I sure could go for a mean tweet and $1.79 a gallon gas.

~JOE~

#40 ·
I don't know if everything Wolfnignt posted is factual but I know I have personally witnessed some of what he said during the course of my duties. I got the shot, but above all, I do believe in the freedom of choice to get it or not. It is reminsent of my time in the military and why I chose to serve. I may disagree 1000% with someone's words, but I would have died for their right to say them. Many people do not realize that there have been, and still are countries, where people disappear for voicing their opinions (spoiler alert, they are killed). Despite all the rhetoric, we still live in the greatest country on earth. Many are so engrossed in their victimhood status they easily forget that.

#41 ·
Last I checked Illinois is still broke and unvaccinated people are supposed to wear masks per CDC guidance. I'll assume Wolfie and other anti maskers like him will pretend they are vaccinated.

It's hilarious people like him think it's a conspiracy plandemic by democrats even though a republican was in the white house and controlled the Senate as well as most state governments. Not to mention the rest of the world would have to be in on the plandemic.

#46 ·
FishinMatt said:
We have to provide proof of vaccination now at work if we want to go unmasked inside our building
Not a surprise considering it's a High school. Just got another letter with my paycheck reminding us to wear a mask if we can't keep 6 feet distance Friday. :roll: HR :lol:
Quite surprised to see on Friday, the mask mandate signs disappear from the doors of the gas station i visit. Got my first coffee in 14 months mask free, Just cause i could :sarcasm:, still wear it when i make deliveries, barely wear it at work :roll: oh well. It protects my chest most times :lol: But still, can't leave home without it. :eh:

#48 ·
Bring on the fake vaccine certificate.

I don't know but to me it seems wrong that a workplace would require an employee to put drugs in their body otherwise they can't work.
For everyone's good, yeah I know but honestly does that seem right.

~JOE~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.