A year later

Open discussion forum. Shoot the breeze and chat about, well... whatever. Rated PG-13. PLEASE maintain and level of decency and respect.

A year later

Postby matt_ski » May Sun 30, 2021 7:59 am

About a year ago, maybe a little longer, forest preserve district demolished the RC hill.
For those not familiar RC hill was to the west of RC plane field across the street from shiller woods. It was mud track on the side of the hill. It was made by RC enthusiasts and it was maintained by them entirely. Trash was not a problem either. The place was great to play fetch with my dog after walking the trail.
I say was because it is not anymore.
For some reason the district demolished the place about a year ago. After the demolition they just simply left all their trash behind. Trash is now a problem too.
Furthermore, the trail behind the hill had mounds for mountain bike also made by people. Now the mounds are demolished too and bunch of tree trunks are tossed across the pathway.

Rant over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matt_ski
Fishing Fanatic

Re: A year later

Postby naturestrail » May Mon 31, 2021 10:01 pm

When I was a kid growing up in Schiller Park we were always driving back and forth on Irving and I thought that was always the coolest thing seeing and hearing those planes.
It's a shame they destroyed those other areas. Never knew about them but I've been out of that area now for a long time. I would love to know the reason. I just started in the RC car hobby about 2 months ago and although I drive my truck mostly on dirt in open fields, a track is what I'd like to go to next.
If you hear any reasons please pass them along. Thanks for bringing back a memory!
naturestrail
Pan Fish

Re: A year later

Postby Lip_Yanker » Jun Tue 01, 2021 10:56 am

Sometimes makes you wonder what the thought process is behind things like this.

Unfortunately, it also seems that there's more of those these days in charge of stewardship of our lands, that do more to destroy them than to preserve them. Keep America Beautiful seems to have fallen by the wayside over the years.
Exclusive member of Muff Divers Local #69 "No muff to tough, we dive at five."
Lip_Yanker
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to WindyCityTavern