Axehead Lunch Break 5/16-17/18

Axehead Lake - Cook County
Fishing Information & Reports

Axehead Lunch Break 5/16-17/18

Postby Islandfisher » May Thu 17, 2018 5:39 pm

I spent my last two lunch breaks at Axehead and the bass could generally care less about 95% of my lures. I saw some hog females cruising with 3-4 smaller males circling. I honestly bounced a few senkos off their heads and they could have cared less. With crystal clear water and the spawn on I decided to treat it like the Busse WWD in the dead of winter. Crawlers and tiny hooks caught me three over the last two lunch periods. I caught all three sight fishing near structure. I had to let the bait sit for at least 30 seconds before they finally committed.

axehead - 1.jpg

axehead - 2.jpg

axehead - 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you're fishing slow and not catching anything, fish slower.
Islandfisher
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Axehead Lunch Break 5/16-17/18

Postby Woohoodude11 » May Thu 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Man, Axehead can sometimes be as rough as Busse. I've yet to see anything of worth get pulled outta there. Good job gettin on a few.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby minstrel » May Fri 18, 2018 12:40 am

Hah, funny you should say that Woo... I've been there several times (including some trout springs too) and have yet to gain any first-hand evidence that there are actually fish out there! :roll: So yeah any lunch-hour bass are a victory.

Good selfies too :D
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby Woohoodude11 » May Fri 18, 2018 6:46 am

minstrel wrote:Hah, funny you should say that Woo... I've been there several times (including some trout springs too) and have yet to gain any first-hand evidence that there are actually fish out there! :roll: So yeah any lunch-hour bass are a victory.

Good selfies too :D

I used to slay bass the size he caught out there about 6 years ago. I'd probably catch 5-10 within an hour or 2. But like I said, nothing bigger. I did watch a Polish dude pull a 20 lb. Carp outta there though!
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Axehead Lake