Surprise at Lake Arlington (no fish)

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Surprise at Lake Arlington (no fish)

Postby Fishin' Pat » Apr Tue 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Was fishing at LA couple weeks ago, and almost stepped on this guy. Wasn't afraid of humans at all, just flicked his tail at me and went back to sleep.

After much searching on the internet, I discovered that it's a muskrat. I've seen them before, but never gotten this close to one before. Just thought I'd share.
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. ~A.K. Best
Fishin' Pat
Minnow

Re: Surprise at Lake Arlington (no fish)

Postby nbBasshunter » Apr Wed 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Pretty cool. Funny how some critters there aren't afraid of people. There used be a friendly fox that would sniff around a few feet away from you as well as a blue heron that sits next to you and wants every fish you catch.
nbBasshunter
Fishing Czar

Postby pikekid96 » Apr Wed 11, 2012 2:30 pm

nbBasshunter wrote:Pretty cool. Funny how some critters there aren't afraid of people. There used be a friendly fox that would sniff around a few feet away from you as well as a blue heron that sits next to you and wants every fish you catch.

haha thats funny, there is a place i fish and a raccoon comes by you at night, we call him roger, my friend hand feeds him...i wouldnt lol :lol:
CPR!
pikekid96
Northern Pike

Postby flyguy101 » May Wed 09, 2012 8:23 am

That Blue Heron will follow you around and try to swipe your fish have been harrased by him many time while fly-fishing.
flyguy101
Minnow

Return to Lake Arlington