Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Lake Arlington PB

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  nerf888 
#1 ·
Got out tonight 6-7:30. I was fishing the weedbeds along the shore by the drain/spillway thing. It looked great, placid water, warm but not hot, lots of bass boils everywhere. I bent down to pick a burr of my shoe and WHAM! This thing almost tore the rod out of my hands. He musta jumped out of the water 2 or 3 times before I finally landed him. 15" I would say around 3.5 lbs (not an exact measurement). My PB bass at LA.

He bashed a shallow running Excalibur about 20 ft from shore. Inhaled the lure, had to get it out of his throat.

Great day for me :D

See less See more
#2 ·
They're in there, I haven't been out due to my problem with heat/humidity, but the water looks good and the lake is active.
You can bitch at me later, but I'm looking forward to crisp/clear 60's, remember, catch and release only here, and pick up trash, yours or others. It's a sweet little fishery.

#6 ·
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CATCH AND RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Altogether too many guys keeping their catch here.
This small lake cannot support people taking everything they catch.
I have witnessed altogether too many people keeping EVERYTHING.
Even seemingly nice older gents who suddenly don't comprehend english.
I saw one guy take a BUCKETFUL of crappie home.
The fishing has gone downhill in the last year.
This was always a good spot to catch fish when nothing was biting anywhere else, but with the application of
agent orange to all of the shoreline and the runoff from the surrounding homes it is sad to see the change for the worst.
I hike the shoreline often here, if you need fish to eat that bad, please ask me, I have plenty of last years
salmon and halibut from alaska (Sushi quality, fileted and flash frozen on the boat in cryovac) I would be willing
to give away if your really that broke and hungry.
Stop the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fine recreational fishing hole in the middle of suburbia that is being ruined
by ignorance and just plain stupidity.
I usually wear my green Cabelas cap and my blue Ford service jacket, so I'm not hard to identify or locate, especially
usually on the crappy weather days I'm there. I would require a paycheck stub and fishing license to qualify for the free fish.
Sorry but I have gone hungry and slept in my car a time or two so I am sympathetic to the real homeless or poor. And no I don't think that's being intrusive or to much to ask. I have contacted DNR about this in the past with no real response.

#8 ·
Oh yeah, I caught eight total, this was probably the smallest one, I was so surprised I took this guys picture thinking it was a freak occurence size wise. On my ultralight w/ 4lb test. They were all bunched up together, then a muskrat popped his head up and the action stopped like flicking a switch, stupid muskrat! They fought like crazy all the way up to the release so I couldn't take any more pics, didn't want to drop the new Iphone in the water like I did my RAZR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.