Fresh Water Needed

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Fresh Water Needed

Postby Big Flipper » Oct Sat 06, 2007 1:14 am

I stopped by Lake Arlington on my way home from "the pond" and I couldn't believe the mounds of goose poop all over the place. Besides that, the water is loaded with feathers and debris. The algae is really starting to get thick in a few places. The water looks thick as soup. When you throw your bait in, the bubbles from the splash never pop. Its like fishing in gravy. We need a good rain to freshen up the place. The last couple of weeks I have only been able to produce dinks, mostly on top waters and cranks.
Kevin
Big Flipper
Pan Fish

Postby JasonN » Oct Sat 06, 2007 10:01 am

I really noticed that last time out about the geese. They were everywhere and the trail and grass were all gooseshit-zones. You'd think a swanky place like that would do something about it.
Jason W. Norris
Managing Editor - WindyCityFishing.com
JasonN
WCF Managing Editor

Postby toothdoc » Oct Sat 06, 2007 10:54 am

Let's face it, there is definitely a geese problem pretty much everywhere there is water around Chicago. Since they are protected there isn't a lot that can be done about it. Some places get a swan or two to scare the geese away, but that just drives them elsewhere. I don't know what the answer is, but I agree that something needs to be done about it.
What would we all do without fishing?
toothdoc
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Big Al » Oct Sat 06, 2007 10:56 pm

Shotguns Doc, Shotguns :!: :shock:
Big Al
Fishing Czar

Postby svslider » Oct Tue 09, 2007 1:23 am

I dont think geese are protected anymore, they are overpopulated pests. They should have a park dog or something to eat them.
svslider
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby FishinMatt » Oct Tue 09, 2007 6:59 am

Some of my ponds have that stagnant water now too. Normally, I think the weeds and algae should be dying off, but with the hot summer and unusually hot Fall they are still growing :?
FishinMatt
Site Moderator

Return to Lake Arlington