Lake Arlington access questions

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Lake Arlington access questions

Postby nbBasshunter » Mar Mon 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Is there a way besides from the main parking lot to get to the SE or NE end? Especially for young children, it's quite a walk from the parking lot.
nbBasshunter
Fishing Czar

yes and no

Postby Catfish Hunter » Mar Mon 10, 2008 2:22 pm

There is a subdivision that surrounds the lake, in it, there is a dead end road that stops and the NE end of the lake by the grate. I am not suggesting you park there, but it might be a good place to drop off the kids then walk yourself over.

I bring my bunch often, but we use bikes, and I have a behind the rear wheel carrier that fits 2. Got it for $40 bucks at WalMart.

Otherwise you are in for a long walk. On the south end, again, there is a subdivision, the dead end there ends at the two benches next to the small wooden structure (more of the sw end of lake)

Wish I have a better answer for you.

--CH
Born with a rod!
Catfish Hunter
Minnow

Postby svslider » Mar Mon 31, 2008 8:01 pm

I parked on the street where he said by the 2 benches and its fine. Maybe on a busy day itll be full but thats because it ok to park there.
svslider
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Seebass » Mar Mon 31, 2008 9:29 pm

Yes, this is where I park also. I have never had any problems there. As far as I know it is legal and public.
Seebass
Fishing Czar

Postby Big Flipper » Apr Sun 06, 2008 2:24 am

There are basically four legal places to park and access the lake. First is obviously the main parking lot off of Windsor Drive. The others are a bit tricky to get to.

South Shore:
Driving north on Windsor off of Palatine Road, turn right into Arlington Vista subdivision on Rosehill Drive. Proceed 2 blocks and turn right on Jonquil Terrace. Turn left on Mulberry Lane and park on the street in front of Flentie Park. Safe and no hassles form neighbors. Walk north through the park to the lake.

Southeast Corner:
From Palatine Road, drive north on Schoenbeck Road. Take the first left on to East Towne Blvd. follow that to the dead end. Park in the street. Don't block driveways or the mail boxes. The lake is 30 yards to the north.

Northeast Corner:
From Palatine Road, drive north on Schoenbeck Road. Take the second left onto Lake Arlington Drive. Turn right on Charter Point Drive. Follow that to the dead end. Park on the west side of the street. The lake is right there.

Leave some bass for me!
Kevin
Big Flipper
Pan Fish

Postby spiroh » Apr Tue 08, 2008 10:52 am

Big Flipper wrote:There are basically four legal places to park and access the lake. First is obviously the main parking lot off of Windsor Drive. The others are a bit tricky to get to.

South Shore:
Driving north on Windsor off of Palatine Road, turn right into Arlington Vista subdivision on Rosehill Drive. Proceed 2 blocks and turn right on Jonquil Terrace. Turn left on Mulberry Lane and park on the street in front of Flentie Park. Safe and no hassles form neighbors. Walk north through the park to the lake.

Southeast Corner:
From Palatine Road, drive north on Schoenbeck Road. Take the first left on to East Towne Blvd. follow that to the dead end. Park in the street. Don't block driveways or the mail boxes. The lake is 30 yards to the north.

Northeast Corner:
From Palatine Road, drive north on Schoenbeck Road. Take the second left onto Lake Arlington Drive. Turn right on Charter Point Drive. Follow that to the dead end. Park on the west side of the street. The lake is right there.

Leave some bass for me!

Awesome thanks!
spiroh
Fishing Fanatic

Return to Lake Arlington