9/9 Lake Arlington

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

9/9 Lake Arlington

Postby JL3 » Sep Wed 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Well, first time fishing Lake Arlington. Stained water, maybe 6 in of visibility. Saw some surface action towards more of the middle of the pond. Picked up a few bluegills on the fly and this little guy:

IMG_0598.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JL3
Game Fish

Re: 9/9 Lake Arlington

Postby Bert & Ernie » Sep Wed 09, 2015 9:48 pm

All you guys who are picking up fly fishing are evil. It's bad enough I spend more than I should on spinning/baitcasting gear + tackle now you guys have poked my curiosity with flyfishing. Looks like we have another member to the "bass keychain club". Had I know the value of such pictures, I would already be in this click.
Bert & Ernie
Game Fish

Postby JustinCarf » Sep Wed 09, 2015 9:53 pm

Love fish of all sizes! That's a zero weight, right? Must have been a blast. My lightest rod is a 3wt and it's extremely fun on that, but I can only imagine a Zero.

Bert & Ernie wrote:All you guys who are picking up fly fishing are evil. It's bad enough I spend more than I should on spinning/baitcasting gear + tackle now you guys have poked my curiosity with flyfishing. Looks like we have another member to the "bass keychain club". Had I know the value of such pictures, I would already be in this click.
sometimes those are the better looking fish. They're cool to see because their mini's. Post 'em!
JustinCarf
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Dr. Utssab » Sep Wed 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Fly rods are taking over!!!!
Dr. Utssab
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby ChiCityYaker » Sep Thu 10, 2015 12:38 am

man you guys HAVE to stop picking on Nemo already!!!!.....aheeemmmmm I'm really talking to you Jus! lol I'm just messing around. Nice pic!
Add me on social media
http://www.Instagram.com/ChiCityYaker
http://www.Twitter.com/ChiCityYaker
http://www.Facebook.com/ChiCityYaker

Subscribe to see all of my vids, reviews, tips, and vlogs
http://www.YouTube.com/ChiCityYaker
ChiCityYaker
Fishing Czar

Postby JL3 » Sep Thu 10, 2015 6:44 am

Haha lunkers are overrated. It's really about how small you can go...
JL3
Game Fish

Postby JL3 » Sep Thu 10, 2015 6:46 am

JustinCarf wrote:Love fish of all sizes! That's a zero weight, right? Must have been a blast. My lightest rod is a 3wt and it's extremely fun on that, but I can only imagine a Zero.

Bert & Ernie wrote:All you guys who are picking up fly fishing are evil. It's bad enough I spend more than I should on spinning/baitcasting gear + tackle now you guys have poked my curiosity with flyfishing. Looks like we have another member to the "bass keychain club". Had I know the value of such pictures, I would already be in this click.
sometimes those are the better looking fish. They're cool to see because their mini's. Post 'em!

Yeah it's a Sage TXL-F 0 wt. Its an absolute blast to fish with and I'm almost embarrassed to say that I enjoy fishing for bluegill with it at this point. :oops: :oops:
JL3
Game Fish

Postby jmdog2003 » Sep Thu 10, 2015 7:02 am

You fly guys kick ass. I have to live vicariously, I don't need another expensive habit.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Bert & Ernie » Sep Thu 10, 2015 7:06 am

JustinCarf wrote:Love fish of all sizes! That's a zero weight, right? Must have been a blast. My lightest rod is a 3wt and it's extremely fun on that, but I can only imagine a Zero.

You're right JustinCarf, their markings are nicer to look at. Good looking setup also JL3.
Bert & Ernie
Game Fish

Postby Skifish1 » Sep Thu 10, 2015 7:58 am

I think you need more backing on that reel for that lunker.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby JL3 » Sep Thu 10, 2015 8:46 am

Skifish1 wrote:I think you need more backing on that reel for that lunker.

haha good call!
JL3
Game Fish

Return to Lake Arlington