3/22

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

3/22

Postby Jecs » Mar Tue 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Went to LA today for a couple hours, crawfish must be spawning cause they're everywhere on the shoreline. Threw a sk bitsty flip the whole time and got nothing. With 20mph winds I focused on the few points on the lake with rock. Also tried a few more sheltered areas and I skipped the dock. Had one fish nip at the trailer of my jig but that was it. Thought there would be fish either on points/in the rocks because of the wind/craws, or I'd find em in the calmer spots. Guess not.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Jecs
Minnow

Re: 3/22

Postby joetrain » Mar Tue 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Oh well that happens sometimes.
~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Mar Tue 22, 2016 2:01 pm

I've been hitting A randomly here and there this spring with 0 fish to show for it, in fact, I've never caught a fish there. I saw the same craw parts you speak of. Its only .5 miles from me but I choose farther fishing almost all the time due to my lack of success there on every single outing.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby croman » Apr Tue 05, 2016 8:27 pm

There is a depth chart map in the bldg that may help. Small gills bite along the shore left of the parking lot if you can find em (take my young kids there and I can't bait the hooks fast enough). Last year, I caught catfish off of a weed outcropping on the north shore-line. Also, if my memory serves me, there is a deep pool near the baseball field somewhere where people have told me they have caught some bass.
croman
Pan Fish

Return to Lake Arlington