Standard.

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Standard.

Postby webofsnyderman » May Wed 27, 2009 6:52 pm

Hit up Lake Arlington today for around an hour from 4:30-5:30pm.

Caught 3 bass total. (standard LA bass size between 10-12 inches) Caught the first one spot fishing with a PB&J jig and the latter two on a 5" black finesse worm. Each bass creamed the bait, there was defiantly no second guessing on if the bass had the bait in it's mouth.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I'll make sure to take some next time wherever I'm out.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover

www.twitter.com/benjaminjsnyder
webofsnyderman
Fishing Czar

Re: Standard.

Postby Frogger » May Wed 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Nice, was there a lot of people out there?
Frogger
Game Fish

Postby webofsnyderman » May Wed 27, 2009 7:43 pm

There was another guy around 30 yards from me throwing a Senko.

Besides that I didn't see anyone else out.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover

webofsnyderman
Fishing Czar

Postby svslider » May Wed 27, 2009 8:01 pm

No bagheads? Im curious- whats your best bass out of LA this year? And whats your best ever?
My best fish there is 17 inches.
svslider
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby webofsnyderman » May Wed 27, 2009 8:37 pm

svslider wrote:No bagheads? Im curious- whats your best bass out of LA this year? And whats your best ever?
My best fish there is 17 inches.

I usually avoid fishing the fingers where most of them set up shop. They may have been there but I didn't see them.

My best for LA this year and ever came this past weekend when I caught, measured, and released a 16". I wanted to get a picture of it but I was bashful because per usual a crowd had gathered to gawk. (LA is always good for that at peak times with the bladers, walkers, and joggers).

I'm hoping the lake will reward me this year with a few of that size and bigger.

webofsnyderman
Fishing Czar

Postby nbBasshunter » May Thu 28, 2009 9:32 am

Nice job. Which part of the lake did you fish? I was going to stop by there after work but it looked like it's gonna pour so I went to Opeka instead since it was close from my work, big mistake.
nbBasshunter
Fishing Czar

Postby ornery squirrel » May Thu 28, 2009 8:24 pm

my biggest at arlington was a 2 &1/2 pounder caught by the birdhouse. Pulled it out of the weeds in july on a texas rig
ornery squirrel
Game Fish

Return to Lake Arlington