Headed over...

Lake Arlington - Arlington Heights, IL
Fishing Information & Reports

Headed over...

Postby frumpy16 » Jul Sun 05, 2009 2:18 pm

I'm headed over to Lake Arlington right now to try and press my luck. I'll post how it goes later. I'm in a black polo with a Pirana Joe's hat if you're out that way.
frumpy16
Minnow

Re: Headed over...

Postby frumpy16 » Jul Sun 05, 2009 3:40 pm

frumpy16 wrote:I'm headed over to Lake Arlington right now to try and press my luck. I'll post how it goes later. I'm in a black polo with a Pirana Joe's hat if you're out that way.

And... skunked and rained on. There is a THICK weed line that runs around the entire lake that is about 10' deep. I'm sure there are fish in there but I couldn't get them with my presentation. I did work one little area that was less weedy and had 2-3 strikes but no hook sets. I could see some small guys swirling around so I'm thinking it was a little one striking the tail where there was no hook.

Long story short, I will not be rushing back there. Plenty of bucketheads too. Boo!
frumpy16
Minnow

Postby WrenchingnFishing » Jul Mon 06, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks for the report, I wanna give Lake Arlington a shot sometime.
Some People Think Spending A Lot Of Time In A Tree Stand Or On The Water Makes You Cool... I Just Thought It Made Ya Lucky!

Proud Member of WCF!
WrenchingnFishing
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby webofsnyderman » Jul Mon 06, 2009 9:47 am

WrenchingnFishing wrote:Thanks for the report, I wanna give Lake Arlington a shot sometime.

Let me know if you ever wanna hit it up. I'll be more than willing to meet you out there, it's only about 10 minutes from my house, on a bad day.

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers. ~Herbert Hoover

www.twitter.com/benjaminjsnyder
webofsnyderman
Fishing Czar

Return to Lake Arlington