Chicago Fishing Forum banner

New Busse Lake Depth Contour Maps

39K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  achotrod 
#1 ·
#10 ·
you can try the forest preserve district of cook county site search for " lake maps page" and click on "fishing" you should find them all there. you get an overhead view first, find the fish and click on it then you get the depth map. you'd. think they would make it easier to find

#19 ·
judging by your map there is a lot of water to be covered that most shore fisherman or from the rental boats cant or wont go to. I read they have been heavily stocking musky since 2007 has anyone had any luck with species other than bass and catfish?

#20 ·
Boats help but shore fishing is decent since they cut a lot of channels near shore also. Just got to learn the lake. Had success shore fishing before I switched to yak. Bass is #1 and Walleye is #2 in my book. Busse is good when you get reasonable clarity (2012 was excellent spring and early to summer). It gets tough when the water clarity nose-dives and weed growth is rampant but you could still get some bass by running on the surface with buzz baits or other top-waters...that or dropping plastics in front of their faces in known spots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.