Chicago Fishing Forum banner

2012 Recap

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  George W 
#1 ·
2012 was my best year for fishing out of my short time spent on this planet. Fishing, to me, used to be a once-a-month activity with the old man. I've always loved fishing, but back then, I'd cast out in the same section for 2 hours; not catching something every trip was the norm.

That all changed with my job, more specifically my boss. The man is a Fishing Fanatic (tattoo and all). He really opened my eyes to a science or basic, common sense of fishing; fan casting, lure colors, methods, you name it. The man really knows his shtuff.

I plan on really fishing heavily in 2013. I started 12' in April; 13' starts this up coming weekend. Maybe that be my New Years Resolution. Screw world peace.

I know my tallies aren't as impressive as say jmdog and his million fish he caught, but here they are:
133 total Feesh-
4 Bluegill, 1 Common Carp, 3 Catfish, 82 Largemouth Bass, 1 Longnose-Gar, 1 Trout (was a baby), 1 Northern Pike, 5 Shad (side hooked enough to actually take a picture, caught a little under 100 that came off as I was taking them out of the water), 31 Smallmouth Bass, 3 White Crappie and 1 Walleye

2013 I plan on tripling these numbers.

Collaboration of pics (too lazy to post all, plus I've already posted the good ones)

See less See more
#12 ·
Going back to a wader thread awhile back. L.L. Bean for waders. You can not beat their lifetime warranty with price. Breathing and $135 after all was said and done. Had Cabelas for my last pair, probably the same as yours. A few years of hard wear and they are a colander now, and obviously useless.
Get a yak and waders . Use 'em at the same time. The ultimate in 'I'm not losing yet another...'

#15 ·
jmdog2003 said:
I fish the BPS waders exclusively mainly because I live close to the Bolingbrook location and their return policy kicks ass. If they leak within the first year they swap 'em out no questions asked.
I'm 20 minutes away from Bolingbrook. Do you fish in them during the colder months? I read EVERY comment and none really helped on how they handle the cold.

#20 ·
Beautiful Fish and great summery Lefty!

My 2012 was nothing out of the norm, My High light pretty much being what you'd expect from the Chicago River. :oops:

Keep up the awesome pictures nothing better to look back on then old Fishing pics and Videos! Because one day life will slap you right in the face and you'd be wishin to be fishin then actually out there on the mission.

I wish you great success in 2013.

Happy Fishin Fellow Bear Fan

- GEO

<((><

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.