Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Tenessee PB's and first timers

5K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  lefty_stratton 
#1 ·
My Uncle just passed away and I drove all night Thursday to be by his side as he took his last voyage. Things have been pretty stressful, you guys know what I do when I get stressed......I fish my ass off. These puppies actually scare me now.....the one in my Fishing jersey is 49 inches, the one in my blue shirt is 47......Enjoy, I know I did! First time fishing for these......two trophies in one day.....I'll be back out in the morning for 14 more hours. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Four total Muskie...51,50,49,47.....and a three pound bass just to seal the deal. Great day!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Oh my, Don't think I could even lift those logs above my waist.....tough reason to take a trip for the reason but good you got some fishing in. Looks like you found a great guide for a day....

Illinois is such a hot bed for fishing I'm surprised you could find better fish outside it's border :sarcasm:

#9 ·
Skifish1 said:
Oh my, Don't think I could even lift those logs above my waist.....tough reason to take a trip for the reason but good you got some fishing in. Looks like you found a great guide for a day....

Illinois is such a hot bed for fishing I'm surprised you could find better fish outside it's border :sarcasm:
He's taking me out for free tomorrow, and I'm staying with him in September for a quick stop on my way to Florida to fish there for a week. I guess I made an impression today....think it might have been a good one.

#11 ·
Sorry about your uncle. But damn them are some beautiful fish, really. One of those Muskies is a gorilla, biggest one I seen posted on this site in a long time, can't even remember the last time I seen one that big on here. It was some bad circumstances that you had to take the trip for, but I think you turned it more positive with some amazing fishing. Definitely Hall of Fame worthy, great job.

#18 ·
:shock: :shock: You might as well hang up your gear, that is a trip of a liftime right there!!

Not many people associate TN with Musky, but between a couple of their river, and reservoir systems, they have quietly built a world class musky fishery down there! Ive always wanted to fish the warm water discharge below the Melton Hill Reservoir in the winter time. I hear the ski's stack up like cordwood.

As far as fish handling : Just keep in mind that a fish that long and heavy doesnt have the bone structure to support its own weight once its removed from the water. Apply support to the belly of the fish, and try to keep its back as straight as possible.

Again, well done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.