Chicago Fishing Forum banner

From lake to plate. *busse edition*

6K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  JustinCarf 
#1 ·
Step 1. Head to busse and haul in a few of these

Step 2. Butterfly trout

Step 3. Sauté some bacon,shallots,garlic

Step 4. Let mixture cool then combine with parsley, parm cheese, bread crumbs and an egg

Step 5. Stuff trout with mixture drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper

Step 6. Bake at 350 for about 20 min. I do mine on grill over indirect heat

Step 7. Remove and squirt with lemon juice

Step 8. Enjoy

See less See more
#3 ·
Dr. Utssab said:
Nice! We're there a million guys out even with the cold weather?
Yeah but not as flooded as axe. Most were just leaning over dam so space was to be had along shore and on rocks. Fp cops were out in force so just a reminder to all....check ur limits and have your trout stamp

#5 ·
just...yes. that looks amazing.

I stopped by north pool last night to check it out after doing some downstate troutin'. Trout opener is a chicago tradition, I actually enjoy the crowds and watching all the goofballs. the scene at the dam however, was frightening. 15 dudes leaning over jigging a piece of powerbait. I felt obligated to take a snapchat of the chaos. I saw one guy get a citation. blows my mind that people show up to these things and think they can get away with over harvesting.

#12 ·
urbanHog312 said:
just...yes. that looks amazing.

I stopped by north pool last night to check it out after doing some downstate troutin'. Trout opener is a chicago tradition, I actually enjoy the crowds and watching all the goofballs. the scene at the dam however, was frightening. 15 dudes leaning over jigging a piece of powerbait. I felt obligated to take a snapchat of the chaos. I saw one guy get a citation. blows my mind that people show up to these things and think they can get away with over harvesting.
prob just missed you. seeing them all huddled around the dam was pretty funny. I was on the rocks just to the right of them. there was 1 guy with a massive bass crank bait casting parallel to shore getting everyone tied up...got pretty annoying. I may or may not have yelled in his direction a few times. emphasis on may.

#14 ·
Great trout post, was wondering if anyone else was out there. I was prepared but not successful :cry: I think I'll give your recipe a shot though when I am! :thumbup:

What time were you out there? I was on the side closest the road til late aft and was surprised at the lower turn-out. Then I went to the far side and it was totally different, super crowded. And, yes, there were 15 people all with a line in most also with a bobber at the damn. That was bonkers :shock: :crazy:

I heard a guy, who was still fishing, boast to a friend on his cell that he had "already caught seven of them". :x

#15 ·
minstrel said:
Great trout post, was wondering if anyone else was out there. I was prepared but not successful :cry: I think I'll give your recipe a shot though when I am! :thumbup:

What time were you out there? I was on the side closest the road til late aft and was surprised at the lower turn-out. Then I went to the far side and it was totally different, super crowded. And, yes, there were 15 people all with a line in most also with a bobber at the damn. That was bonkers :shock: :crazy:

I heard a guy, who was still fishing, boast to a friend on his cell that he had "already caught seven of them". :x
if you are facing the water I was on the right side of dam literally standing on waters edge on a few of the rocks. was the only one really on that side. would cast into that small corner pool to the right of me then back to about the middle of dam area and yo yo the lure along the rocks edge

#16 ·
Looks good! I just finished cleaning and freezing my 4th batch of trout since saturday. I freeze them in a marinade of lemon, spices and diced jalepenos. Each time I say enough is enough, either no more fishing or release them but I know I'll be back out and they'll end up in my freezer. Saw a guy catch over 20 trout today, says he planned to release them. Hmmmm.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.