Chicago Fishing Forum banner

SW FL Peacok Bass

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  travelingfisherman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I took a short trip over the New Years Holiday to visit some friends and family down South. While I was down there I was able to sneak away for a day to chase some canal fish near Fort Myers with a great friend of mine. After about 2 hours in the canoe we were able to boat 4 Pea`s and a few Largemouth. Was nice to check this fish off my Bucket List and a great way to bring in 2016!

FL 1.JPG

FL 2.JPG

FL 3.JPG

FL 4.JPG

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
bapentec said:
Where was this in Ft. Myers. I'm going home in 9 days (Ft/ Myers) and when we target peas, we hit The Glades. Those are also bigger than the ones we catch. Nice!! Looks like 6 mile canal btw. I have caught Tarpon out of that canal if that's the place.
Thanks, I will have to reach out to my buddy and ask. I am not sure the exact location, but I know we were within an hour of the Fort Myers Airport.

polishfly said:
Awesome fishing man, those are sweet looking fish. What did you get em on?
Thank you! Believe it or not, I caught both of mine on a Zoom Lizard. Seeing how there are thousands of those little brown lizards running around I thought it would be a good idea to pitch a few Texas Rigged baits and it worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.