Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Photo Enforced Speed and Red Light Tickets

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bassin' Ted 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Great!
Lombard removed theirs years ago after numerous complaints.
I heard that Schaumburg removed theirs after people started saying that they would never go to Woodfield Mall again. {money talks}

Over the years, I've got two city of Chicago $100 red light tickets. Since then, whenever possible, and as a form of protest, I've avoided spending money in the city. Chicago has lost a lot more money {at least from me} than they gained by those two tickets.

I won't be holding my breath for my $200 refund check though...

#3 ·
they will get the money back somehow. just ask my accountant. 36% state tobacco tax...40 cents per cigar federal tax.....30 cents per cigar county tax....10.25% sales tax....and now a bill trying to be passed to allow a 90 cent per cigar...city tax.

gotta love it.

#4 ·
bassman29 said:
they will get the money back somehow. just ask my accountant. 36% state tobacco tax...40 cents per cigar federal tax.....30 cents per cigar county tax....10.25% sales tax....and now a bill trying to be passed to allow a 90 cent per cigar...city tax.
Yep, for sure. And the way they are doing it is by suddenly stopping the car registration notification/renewal mailing that has historically always gone out to remind you to renew your registration. Claiming budget cuts. All I know is that even when they sent me those reminders, some years I'd still forget until I get a ticket. Imagine how much more expired registration ticket revenue they will get this year....the same year they lost that photo ticket revenue. 8)

#5 ·
Zenfish said:
bassman29 said:
Yep, for sure. And the way they are doing it is by suddenly stopping the car registration notification/renewal mailing that has historically always gone out to remind you to renew your registration. Claiming budget cuts. All I know is that even when they sent me those reminders, some years I'd still forget until I get a ticket. Imagine how much more expired registration ticket revenue they will get this year....the same year they lost that photo ticket revenue. 8)
And don't forget to get your vehicle emission done before getting your new registration. I found this out the hard way after spending half and hour driving out of my way and waiting in line. And I drive by emissions every day when going to work.

#6 ·
Bassin' Ted said:
Zenfish said:
bassman29 said:
And don't forget to get your vehicle emission done before getting your new registration. I found this out the hard way after spending half and hour driving out of my way and waiting in line. And I drive by emissions every day when going to work.
And make sure you don't have a damn check engine light when going to emissions!!! I found out the hard(est) way...couldnt renew, couldnt pass emissions, and I was a month past my expiration. Luckily the check engine light just came on, had my OBD reader on me, and found out it was a gascap so I got it all done before a ticket.

That being said, if I get a refund...GAS on!

#7 ·
Hate those, recently stuck work with 2 right turn ones.
But unless your one of the thousands that are in the class action suit you won't see a dime.

Sucks it took this long for the courts to start to side with the people against these clearly unconstitutional and corrupt money grabs. Hoping they finally rule in the plaintiffs favor. but i won't hold my breath. Schaumburg still has one , just not at that corner. just too much "free"money and graft available :roll: :evil:

#8 ·
polishfly said:
And make sure you don't have a damn check engine light when going to emissions!!! I found out the hard(est) way...couldnt renew, couldnt pass emissions, and I was a month past my expiration. Luckily the check engine light just came on, had my OBD reader on me, and found out it was a gascap so I got it all done before a ticket.

That being said, if I get a refund...GAS on!
This is why I got rid of my last truck. I couldn't pass emissions and then I got an estimate of over 1K to replace several sensors which they couldn't even guarantee would make me pass. Carmax gave me blue book value for my truck which was all the reason I needed to get rid of that POS F-150 and buy a Toyota. Not a single problem with this truck over 8 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.