Chicago Fishing Forum banner

How's your GAS lately?

514K views 1K replies 83 participants last post by  joetrain 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm GASin' bad...not even Tums can help. As I mentioned in a previous post, my gear acquisition syndrome has been in full beast mode since late fall and I've acquired everything from a new tackle bag (barn) to a fish finder for the yak and everything in between. Here are some of my spoils...I went feather treble crazy on my hard baits and it's been good to me, especially on the suspending jerkbaits, gives it this realistic action. Also picked up a heavier combo (Lexa 300HS w 7' Mojo Bass HF) to throw larger baits up to 1.5 OZ. It adds to my Mojo/Lexa lineup handsomely =D

... now if it was only spring ...

0115160950b.jpg

0122160926a.jpg

0122160925.jpg

0119161807a.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#105 ·
Adding to the collective illness...

This winter I really got into jerkbaits. Suspending, floating, slow sinking, jointed, feathered, etc. Once the open water was getting locked out, I decided to try hard water fishing for the first season. Managed to catch some nice gills and a bass while jigging. Got the basic ice gear together. Still need an auger and am considering a shanty purchase next season.

Attachments

#107 ·
It is about time I got in on this thread. No pictures of my GAS but I have an order from fishog waiting for me when I get home and have been buying 2-3 items every time my wife and I hit Walmart. That is at least twice a week.

I have found some real bargains at Walmart. Today I found some Yozuri suspending jerk baits for $4. Instead of trebles they have Owner circle hooks on them. I also have purchased a few Strike King Magic Redfish spinnerbaits. I see why Omer likes them. They are a quality bait and the plastic trailer is made from elaztec which is just about indestructible.

I also have purchased several bass jigs and some really cheap Walmart spinnerbaits. The hooks on the spinnerbaits suck but they sharpen up ok and for these jackfish down here they work fine. I am sure they will be fine for DPR pike. At $1 if it gets lost its not a big deal.

I plan on trying some Suffix 832 when I get home. Which is just another week from now. Almost forgot I found some Zoom 10 inch worms for $2.99 and picked up a few of those as well.
~JOE~

#109 ·
My CC # has been memorized WAY TOO LONG...and I keep stopping in various Dick's stores since there seems to be one on every drive I make...or maybe I modify the drive subconsciously to make it along the way haha...needless to say I have been pillaging their clearance sections. Schaumburg Dick's had a good selection and now the one on my drive home from work has Lunkerhunt hard baits for $3.99 which are NEW to the store and my tacklebox...might have to try 1...or 10.

#110 ·
So here's the last (I hope) of my GAS before the season starts. Just got a new (new for me) old stock fly reel. It's a Cortland Vista 7/8 weight. Made in Argentina of all places. I'll pair it with my Flylogic 8 weight rod.

Amazing what you can find on eBay. What is it about vintage stuff?

#111 ·
One last round of gas relief for me today. It was all planned purchases, so no guilt. Mostly picked up some terminal tackle for jika rig, punching and grass mat fishing, good tungsten stuff, some real nice shaky heads, and a pfd for kayaking and boating. Never say never, but I think I'm done until I start hitting the water pretty heavily. It's amazing how fun buying tackle is in the offseason.

#113 ·
roleplayaj1324 said:
That's true. Never say never. I told the gf I was done and then I sold a Hawks jersey and bam tacklewarehouse here I come lol nothing crazy just some heart tail swimbaits, some swimbait jig heads and Ned rig plastics and ceramic bearings for 3 of my reels
Did you see the Roland Martin heart tail swimbait episode by any chance? =)

#119 ·
Lovin this post. Let me just start off by saying Hi my name is Dan and I'm an addict. Over the winter I've accumulated a mass amount of gear. I picked up a new kistler rod and a ton of new tackle. I've got everything from hand poured soft baits to a whopper plopper and almost everything inbetween. I picked up some miller punchin weights that are so different and awesome from every other punchin weights I can't wait to throw em around.more snow more gear. Can't wait for the spring to really start. I'm having trouble getting pictures posted but hopefully I can get some up here soon.

#123 ·
SWEET BOAT!!!! Can't wait to see that thing out on water! Nice whopper plopper pickup Dan....I was debating on getting that color since white was killer all summer and fall for me on pike last season. Ive had some mad GAS accumulating, I'll post the result soon...I too thought I was done...but I have a weakness and a bit of room in my tacklebox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.