Chicago Fishing Forum banner

How's your GAS lately?

514K views 1K replies 83 participants last post by  joetrain 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm GASin' bad...not even Tums can help. As I mentioned in a previous post, my gear acquisition syndrome has been in full beast mode since late fall and I've acquired everything from a new tackle bag (barn) to a fish finder for the yak and everything in between. Here are some of my spoils...I went feather treble crazy on my hard baits and it's been good to me, especially on the suspending jerkbaits, gives it this realistic action. Also picked up a heavier combo (Lexa 300HS w 7' Mojo Bass HF) to throw larger baits up to 1.5 OZ. It adds to my Mojo/Lexa lineup handsomely =D

... now if it was only spring ...

0115160950b.jpg

0122160926a.jpg

0122160925.jpg

0119161807a.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#127 ·
I have been busy revamping my gear too. I sold off most of my old rods for a facelift and bought some new reels. I haven't been this busy in a while and cabin fever is killing me!

New this spring:

Revo SX30
Revo SX20
Tatula-R.
St. Croix premier
2 fenwick HMG's
Fenwick elite tech smallmouth
Fenwick elite tech bass

I am not sure what I want to pair with the revo sx20 yet. Thinking an avid, aetos or another elite tech bass. Any other thoughts? This will be my main senko rod.

I also joined mystery tackle box and love it!

Attachments

#134 ·
Sweet yak Sully. You have to let us know if camouflage makes a difference, I've been thinking about painting my face. :D (My kayaks have always been camo colored, I have no reference :D )

Btw- GAS is acting up again. Have me a carrot stick coming in the mail, hopefully that will settle this bout of GAS I've been dealing with all winter.

#136 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok...I couldn't hold it any longer...GAS again!!! And more packages on the way...Got my reels back from AC, have to learn to baitcast again with the new bearings =) The squarebill thread inspired me to get a few things, and I can't not buy clearance items at Dicks...ever.

160304_162914_COLLAGE-1.jpg

0304161636-1.jpg

Attachments

#138 ·
Sweet yak sully. PFly grabbed the last good swimbait from Lee's! MrB, I was thinking about picking up a Light Fenwick HMG. How's the sensitivity and balance on those HMGs?

#139 ·
MrB said:
I have been busy revamping my gear too. I sold off most of my old rods for a facelift and bought some new reels. I haven't been this busy in a while and cabin fever is killing me!

New this spring:

Revo SX30
Revo SX20
Tatula-R.
St. Croix premier
2 fenwick HMG's
Fenwick elite tech smallmouth
Fenwick elite tech bass

I am not sure what I want to pair with the revo sx20 yet. Thinking an avid, aetos or another elite tech bass. Any other thoughts? This will be my main senko rod.

I also joined mystery tackle box and love it!
Loving the lineup from Fenwick. Those are some sweet rods. Big fan of their cork grip. I have a HMG spinning rod that really needs some use drop shotting, April 1st is too far.

#140 ·
Damn guys... open a window! This GAS is taking on a life of it's own! :p :wtf:

I have kept mine pretty well controlled got a few lures and line/hooks etc... but it got worse yesterday :? I ended up on the hunt for a certain senko color as the 'big shops' aren't carrying it anymore!! Ended up finding them on eBay but had to get some extra since they are harder to find (of course). Then I was down real low at the end of last year so I had to pick up the old standby colors as well. Good to release that pressure though now I've got senkos from three different places coming my way. :mrgreen:

#146 ·
I didn't have terrible GAS, but enough for me. Got a nice set of plastics from Fishog, an E-Bait, new chatterbaits, jigs, spinners, square bills and a nice live target craw. Also pulled the trigger on a rod, Fenwick HMG 7'2" MH Moderate. Feels good to get it out, not long until I can put it all to use.

Attachments

#150 ·
busse bass man said:
Lol looks like Fishog ran out of bags with that sale they had. I mentioned on the other post I started that they're keeping all bags of plastics at $.99-$1.29. So if there was some that were sold out that you wntd check em out again. They have most of their plastics in stock again.
Yep, it seems that the stock changes every few days. I dug around and found out they used to offer monthly boxes like MTB, they no longer do. Upon further digging, MTB now offers Fishog plastics in their boxes...interesting to say the least.

#151 ·
Absyne said:
Yep, it seems that the stock changes every few days. I dug around and found out they used to offer monthly boxes like MTB, they no longer do. Upon further digging, MTB now offers Fishog plastics in their boxes...interesting to say the least.
Yea MTB has had Fishog products in their boxes for awhile. That's how I 1st discovered em. I got a bag of stogies and used em. Prodcued just as good as senkos or Yum dingers so I checked em out. Fishog monthly subscription was $5 I think. I didn't bother signing up since I have an abundance of plastics as it is between what I purchase and my MTB and LTB subscriptions. On Fishogs fb page they said they did away with the subscriptions to help save money and allow them to keep their bag prices at $.99-$1.29. So I will definitely be buying all my plastics through them. With the exception of 1 particular Gary Yamamoto plastic that I use alot as a trailer on my spinners. The only issue with that is no stores carry the color I use so I have to buy em on amazon when they're in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.