Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bears thread

45K views 321 replies 40 participants last post by  Luckydawg13 
#1 ·
I'm a pretty big Bears fan, figure I'm not the only one. How are you guys feeling about the season coming up? I think we will have a pretty average record, long shot to get into the playoffs partly because of the division we are in. I'm really excited to watch the front seven on D. That is where they have been building the foundation of the team and I think this will be the year the Bears D reestablishes itself. Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard have the potential to become the best defensive line in the league in my opinion (also sounds like a law firm). Maybe Deiondre Hall will surprise us in the secondary like Adrian Amos did last year. Offense a lot will depend on the line which is starting to look shaky with injuries. It will be fun to see Kevin White get to play, hopefully the running backs too. Can't wait for football!

#2 ·
Agree with all you said. Lol. Speaking of football.... we up for having a wcf fantasy league? I'll run it for those interested. Gotta start it soon. 25 dollar or 50 dollar buy in? Pm me if anyone has interest. Both my leagues are gone this year so I gotta get into a fantasy league...

#3 ·
Bears will have to get a huge year out of Jeremy Langford. Also need Zach Miller to be healthy but that is unlikely considering hes had more concussions then any two people should have in their lifetime and is still recovering from his last one. Assuming Kevin White turns out to be the 7th overall we hoped for and Alshon stays healthy, theres no reason Jay cutler & Co. cant put up some good fantasy numbers this season.

#5 ·
Been a Bears fan a long, long time. Remember when they played at Wrigley. Watched old man Halas coach his last game. Watched Bobby Douglass try to remember plays. Heard Abe Gibron sign "Jeremiah Had a Bullfrog" (poorly). Had a season ticket from 1975 to 1991. Saw the good, the great, the bad, the terrible and the just plain ugly.

Not much hope for the current bunch. They still (what's new) need a QB. I doubt they'll be a consistent contender until the McCaskey's sell the team. So it will be a long, long time...

#7 ·
coyote said:
Im a Packer Backer till the end, do pay a bit of attention to the Teddy Bears.....one thing that sticks out at me is they have the worst running back tandem in the league.
Supposedly... I expect Jeremy Langford to have a hell of a year, though. If they didn't see something in the kid(even I saw some damn good flashes of talent last year), I doubt they would have let Forte walk. Speaking of terrible running backs... is Eddie Lacy down from that 350lb mark yet? :lol:

Guy looked god awful last year. The whole Packers running game in general looked god awful last year.

BTW, Langford had more touchdowns than Lacy. And only 200 less yards on 40 less attempts. While playing second fiddle to Forte... Oh, and 3 less TD's than both Starks and Lacy combined...

This is all in good fun, btw. Something about a Bears-Packers rivalry or some such thing.

#8 ·
In general I hate the Pack. Had a lot of respect for the old Bart Starr teams and I still root for them whenever they play the Cowboys (REALLY hate the f'ing Cowboys). But like I said, hate the Pack in general.

#10 ·
Yes Lacy sucked last year , i would have benched him too. I think Langford was the worst rated RB in the league after the original hit on him. I think its called yards after hit for a Rb......in other words not much in the way of toughness and gritt.Agree all in good fun. i would never get all worked up over any sports teams....real life is so much more important. I really only care to watch games if there is some money on them.

#11 ·
coyote said:
Yes Lacy sucked last year , i would have benched him too. I think Langford was the worst rated RB in the league after the original hit on him. I think its called yards after hit for a Rb......in other words not much in the way of toughness and gritt.Agree all in good fun. i would never get all worked up over any sports teams....real life is so much more important. I really only care to watch games if there is some money on them.
Yeah, yards after hit. Or yards after contact. Something like that. He's never been known to be that bruiser that punishes and runs between the tackles, though. He'd rather bounce it outside or make lateral moves. His thing is similar to Forte. He's good out in space, and around the edge, and has good speed and acceleration when he gets in a hole or out in the open. Good burst. He's real shifty and tough to tackle. He's not your prototypical bruiser type of back that just rolls people over. More finesse, IMO, again, much like Forte was. And his hands looked pretty good last year too, as far as catching passes out of the backfield goes. He's actually played some WR. You gotta watch some of his Michigan State highlights to appreciate where and how he does his work.

I'm excited to see how he does when the starting role is his full-time.

G
#12 ·
I love the Bears and the NFL in general. It keeps people in couch-potato mode and I've got a lot of good stretches of the Fox to myself on Sundays! I couldn't tell you stat #1 about the Bears, but could probably tell you the details of of every fish photo I've taken for the last 20 years. 8)

#15 ·
ffishman said:
To early to tell how they are going to do. Only good thing, Fox has a good eye for talent. Hopefully he picked up some diamonds in the rough and they will shine.
Fox and Fangio between them have drafted and developed Julius Peppers, Von Miller, and Aldon Smith. A lot of people didn't like the Floyd pick but with a track record like that its hard to argue with them. I'm liking what I see so far. Bullard will be a stud too, a lot of GMs will regret letting him slip to the third round. I'm really pulling for Deiondre Hall to step up at corner. I'm getting tired of waiting for Fuller to show up.

#18 ·
I've probably never been less interested in the Bears than this season. Perhaps in part because in full Cubs mode and likely will be for a couple more months, but the Bears are so bland and just not interesting.

7-9 at the very best.

Regardless of the thoughts on Cutler, if he goes down, the Bears have almost no chance of winning.

#19 ·
I don't think the Bears will be doing much this year, and I don't think the coaches really expect much out of the team this year -- even though you'll never hear them say that. The NFL has a quick turnaround (unlike MLB), but the Bears will be in development mode for a while, trying to get all the young guys experience and conditioning, and see who is who. I like the Floyd pick, and White has some talent, but too many unproven young guys that are variables. To see Forte and Bennett go will really hurt that offense. Those two were the only thing moving the chains on Jay's audibles, which were far too often to begin with. Hopefully Loggains can keep Jay's head screwed on tight, and the rapport will pick up where Gase left off. Too many OCs in constant flux to expect anything competitive, let alone Jay with a bunch of young guys. Also, I don't know what Fox did at camp this year, but something must have been changed for so many guys to be getting injured. I like the people running the show, but this bunch will be for the true Bears fans only I'm afraid, as the constant development will be the only thing to watch.

#21 ·
Yea cutler minus 7 yards passing in the first half. My opinion is the same as the day brought him in from Denver. Shock and dismay. A career loser. Only thing stinkier then his NFL career is his Vandy career. Your either a winner or a loser there is nothing inbetween. He falls in the loser camp dont be fulled by an occasional good game.

#24 ·
JasonN said:
I've probably never been less interested in the Bears than this season. Perhaps in part because in full Cubs mode and likely will be for a couple more months, but the Bears are so bland and just not interesting.
What he said.

#25 ·
JasonN said:
I agree.

With the refusal of John Fox to say anything interesting EVER and their acting as if preseason games are an inconvenience, the Bears are basically telling everyone "don't pay attention to us." Overall, I have little interest in the NFL due all garbage of the last 5 years and I don't actively pay attention at all but if you listen to sports talk radio in Chicago you can't help but get an onslaught of Bears talk. I enjoyed the Trestman era since it was so entertaining but this new regime is just so boring. I hope for you guys they go 10-6 and make the playoffs but that is about it. Bring on October for the Cubs and the Blackhawks.

#26 ·
Pretty decent first half against the Browns. You want to say who cares its the Browns but Cleveland played a lot of their starters in the first half against our reserves and guys who will be looking for real jobs next week.

The good: Hoyer had a great half, Kevin White making long catches, Deiondre Hall continues to shine. Bullard and Floyd making big plays. Braverman showed up too a bit.

The bad: Robbie Gould missed an extra point. He's gone from one of the best kickers in history to sort of struggling last year and has missed a 40 yarder and an extra point so far this pre season. One of my favorite players but the longer it goes on the more you have to wonder.

Anyone else watching?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.