Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Fish Still Tight-Lipped About Participating

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Brandon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
First time out I've hooked anything up since that big snow/cold front changed everything. Again I was just working minnows and bobbers. Hoping the action will continue to warm with the weather!

I take horrible fish selfies... oh well. I was just zippering up my pack and turned back around to look at my bobbers. I had two out and only one was there. I've been watching bobbers for so long w/o any hits I said to myself 'eh, that bobber must be out there' and continued the scan the waters looking for it. :wink:

Then a voice in my head said :wave: Hellloooo.... REEL!!!! :D I scrambled to pick up the rod and landed this sleek 15"er:
lakeoApr7171.jpg

lakeoApr7172.jpg

I caught 'im early and it ended up being my only catch of the day... but I heard two guys in a boat roll in and say they only caught one. So I guess I was actually doing pretty well. C'mon weather!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I made two casts on Sunday and left due to the wind just being unbearable. Talked to one boater who was skunked all morning on the west side.

Nice bass Minstrel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.