Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Sunday am fish

12K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mack 
#1 ·
Heading out to Rockford tomorrow for a pickup. Planning to wet a line. Any recommendations as I've never been to the rock . Thanks in advance.

Andrew

#5 ·
I don't think many of those that surf the site make it out that far to fish. The Rock has its cats, smallies and walleye for sure but the drive is a bit much for me at least, good luck!

#8 ·
Woohoodude11 said:
I can see that. I'm camping at Apple River Canyon and don't dare to ask haha, its all the way out by Galena.
I fished Apple River Canyon once while staying in Galena. Caught a handful of smallies on a jig. Can't remember exactly which part but I posted it on the other waters thread I think 2 yrs ago. Might have the info in the post.

#10 ·
Apple River Canyon is one of IL's outstanding little parks. My best friend & I used to fish it back in the day. His mom would drive us out there and relax while we fished & hiked.

When she was little I used to take my daughter camping there. She caught her first bass there & we had a blast.

Stopped there last year on our way back from Galena. My daughter-in-law and I fished for a couple hours. We could see smallies cruising around but none of them were interested in our lures.

Might head out there again soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.