Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bears thread

45K views 321 replies 40 participants last post by  Luckydawg13 
#1 ·
I'm a pretty big Bears fan, figure I'm not the only one. How are you guys feeling about the season coming up? I think we will have a pretty average record, long shot to get into the playoffs partly because of the division we are in. I'm really excited to watch the front seven on D. That is where they have been building the foundation of the team and I think this will be the year the Bears D reestablishes itself. Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard have the potential to become the best defensive line in the league in my opinion (also sounds like a law firm). Maybe Deiondre Hall will surprise us in the secondary like Adrian Amos did last year. Offense a lot will depend on the line which is starting to look shaky with injuries. It will be fun to see Kevin White get to play, hopefully the running backs too. Can't wait for football!

#227 ·
When Ed McKaskey married Virginia Halas Papa made him team Treasurer. Then whenever they were going to discuss finances at a board meeting Papa would throw Ed out of the meeting & tell everyone "That's the dumbest son of a bitch I've ever known".

What elese do you need to know?

#230 ·
Lip_Yanker said:
Yup, pre season for the Black Hawks starts tomorrow at 6:00pm. Woooot!

Yeap, Yeap. I watched more of Tuesday's exhibition Hawks game than all my NFL viewing this year combined. Love the NHL.

Gotta be tough to be a Bears fan right now. Not only is the team brutal but you have to listen to the insufferable John Fox.

#231 ·
Always the optimist here but it was only one bad half. Cohen made a dumb rookie mistake. Glennon choked against his old team which wasn't impressive. It killed our momentum, football is a momentum game. Half of Chicago sound like Jay Mariotti now. If we bend over for the Packers in two weeks I'll change my tune.

The injuries on the other hand are killing me...

#233 ·
Just made the mistake of flipping from the Cubs to Bears & saw that moron hotdogging on the 1 yard line.

For the record, Tom Landry would have cut that idiot immediately after the game - maybe even at halftime.

#237 ·
Steelers put too much thought about what they were gonna do for the Anthem no excuse to lose to a inferior team as the Bears mite be the only time in history a Team won a game with 1 catch to a Wideout they are a joke. And agree Rambler that dumbass would have been cut back in the day, but thats todays Athelete only care about showing off care less about the Team.

#238 ·
We nearly beat the reigning NFC champs, we just beat the AFC runners up. Sure we look ugly in certain facets of the game but this is not last years team. Our defense is establishing itself by hanging in there with the leagues best offenses. Our run game is starting to look ferocious, I think the return of Kyle Long helped today and will continue. Josh Sitton is yet to return as well. Lets not forget this team is being built on defense and running the ball. Between Glennon and the receivers its hard to tell who is worse, but the pass game is already on life support and unless Glennon can turn it around soon here he is looking more like the 1 year band aid everyone thnks he is. I still like giving Trubisky time to develop but if Glennon can't stake a claim to next year I think we should get the kid some time towards the end of the year. Packers won in OT today as well, looking forward to Thursday night. And someone needs to slap Marcus Cooper, twice.

#239 ·
Yes they won. But that idiot should be cut TODAY! If Fox wants to instill anything resembling excellence in this team he'd call that dope out & cut his ass in public.

#245 ·
I really wish they'd bench Glennon and get Trubisky in there. Their defense actually would make them competitive with a reliable QB in there playing. I'm pretty sure Glennon actually owns 80% of Bears turnovers that they've lost this season... He has 5 interceptions and 3 fumbles lost, I believe. The Bears as a team have 5 interceptions... and 5 fumbles lost. :lol: Get this giraffe looking asshole out of there already...

#246 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
I really wish they'd bench Glennon and get Trubisky in there. Their defense actually would make them competitive with a reliable QB in there playing. I'm pretty sure Glennon actually owns 80% of Bears turnovers that they've lost this season... He has 5 interceptions and 3 fumbles lost, I believe. The Bears as a team have 5 interceptions... and 5 fumbles lost. :lol: Get this giraffe looking asshole out of there already...
With 10 days until the next one it might be an opportunity to get him prepared and let him play, but I would guess they will figure the national stage of Monday Night Football is to much for his first appearance.

#247 ·
Stellar. Outstanding. Fantastic. Superb. All nothing you'll hear a bears fans use in describing their play this season so far. My friend, who has bled blue and orange for 50+ years even said he was so frustrated that he's done watching the rest of this season after last night.

Wooooot! Go Pack go!

Me? I sat out on the deck and watched the stars while smoking a great cigar last night. Was a much better show.

#248 ·
I think the Bears have a lot of issues besides QB, but if Trubisky is "the guy" of the future, as they marketed him and gave up so much for, then what the hell is the holdup?? At first, they talked about Glennon as if the entire season was about getting Glennon developed, which makes no sense. Then they spoke about Trubisky by making excuses for Glennon's play, and then saying that Trubisky won't start until he's ready. . . which also makes no sense. He's the top-drafted QB for F's sake!! What in the hell could sitting on the sidelines watching Glennon do for his development or "readiness?" I feel like the only hope the Bears have left to keep fans interested this year is to put Trubisky in, as the season is already a wash. Any first round qb better be damn well ready to go in there and do at least as well as Glennon has been, and Glennon is obviously not going to get better. That dude is a statue in the pocket, and must be near-sighted as hell.

#250 ·
Kamala said:
The Bears lack impact playmakers on both sides of the ball. 3 years of Ryan Pace filling the roster. He and the staff are terrible. Over 25 years of horrible football. The return of the Abe Gibron era.
Stop it - you're killing me! :D

#251 ·
Trubisky has been named the starter. First game next Monday against a strong Vikings D on a national stage, and his opponents in subsequent weeks aren't too shabby either. Could be a tough start for him but it's something to be excited about and more exciting to watch than Glennon. The playbook just got more interesting too. Only so much you can do with a lawn flamingo taking snaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.