Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bears thread

45K views 321 replies 40 participants last post by  Luckydawg13 
#1 ·
I'm a pretty big Bears fan, figure I'm not the only one. How are you guys feeling about the season coming up? I think we will have a pretty average record, long shot to get into the playoffs partly because of the division we are in. I'm really excited to watch the front seven on D. That is where they have been building the foundation of the team and I think this will be the year the Bears D reestablishes itself. Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard have the potential to become the best defensive line in the league in my opinion (also sounds like a law firm). Maybe Deiondre Hall will surprise us in the secondary like Adrian Amos did last year. Offense a lot will depend on the line which is starting to look shaky with injuries. It will be fun to see Kevin White get to play, hopefully the running backs too. Can't wait for football!

#253 ·
Brett said:
Trubisky has been named the starter. First game next Monday against a strong Vikings D on a national stage, and his opponents in subsequent weeks aren't too shabby either. Could be a tough start for him but it's something to be excited about and more exciting to watch than Glennon. The playbook just got more interesting too. Only so much you can do with a lawn flamingo taking snaps.
Not so much. They give up around 250 passing yards per game on average, which is good for like 9th most in the NFL. And they've given up 6th most total passing yards of any team in the NFL this year. So he should be fine. Their pass D is not very strong at all. Happy to see Mitch named the starter, though.

As for the second bolded part, I always thought "Noodle-armed giraffe" was more appropriate. :lol:

#255 ·
It's pretty exciting that we're finally turning the page and getting to where everyone wanted to get to as soon as Trubisky was drafted. I'm sure Pace and the rest of the scouting department are nervous as hell, as they were obviously wrong about seeing whatever they saw when they signed Glennon. These are the same people that drafted Trubisky. . . but the kid looked good in the preseason, and I think there's a lot of potential for a qb to come in and turn a whole team around. At any rate, the season just got a lot more interesting.

#257 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
Not so much. They give up around 250 passing yards per game on average, which is good for like 9th most in the NFL. And they've given up 6th most total passing yards of any team in the NFL this year. So he should be fine. Their pass D is not very strong at all. Happy to see Mitch named the starter, though.
I think they're better than they look on paper after 4 games. I want them to be so it looks good when Mr. Biscuit shreds them anyway. Hadn't mentioned it yet but with Bradford and Cook both out our D should have a field day. At least hopefully they won't be on the field 3/4 of the game via flamingo turnovers.

#258 ·
Brett said:
SmalliesNEyes said:
I think they're better than they look on paper after 4 games. I want them to be so it looks good when Mr. Biscuit shreds them anyway. Hadn't mentioned it yet but with Bradford and Cook both out our D should have a field day. At least hopefully they won't be on the field 3/4 of the game via flamingo turnovers.
They would have to perform better than they look on paper, actually. Their performance through 4 games has been bad. Bottom of the NFL bad when it comes to pass D. Performance is usually a better indicator than how they look on paper. Nothing they've done in 4 games suggests to me that their pass D is even mediocre

#259 ·
Wow, we've really had the cream of the crop of crappy QBs in this town but Glennon is right there atop the list. So glad we get to at least see what Trubisky can do. BTW I'd love to get paid a tenth of Glennons' 18mil+ salary to be horrible at my job and eventually sit out doing nothing...

#263 ·
Zach Miller's career is likely over. Dislocated knee that required emergency surgery last night to save his leg. Knee was so far dislocated that it tore the artery and likely caused nerve damage as well. So he's looking at what is likely at least 2, but probably 3 ligament tears with the MCL, ACL, and PCL. Dislocation. Torn artery. And nerve damage. He almost lost his leg, and I imagine he'll be lucky to ever walk without a limp moving forward. Similar injuries to other players who have suffered "foot drop" due to nerve damage in the knee, and that nerve never firing again. Basically your nerve doesn't work anymore for the muscles to lift the front part of the foot, causing the dragging of the toes when you take a step with that leg. If the nerve never heals, he'll never walk right again without a brace, I believe.

Just terrible. Guy has gone through so much with injuries in his career, and they all pretty much seem like they're just bad luck.

#264 ·
Horrible. High character guy who has spent his career battling back from injuries and now this. And they take back the TD on top of it, one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Really hope he heals up and doesn't suffer much of a loss of quality of life. Would love to see him involved in the game as a coach if his playing days are done. He'd be a great example for younger players.

#267 ·
Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel too. With Shaheen, Gabriel, and Cohen this is turning to an offense full of mismatches. Burton will be a solid replacement for Zach Miller. He can compete with Cohen for trick play QB reps too, lol. Chase Daniels as backup QB, familiar with the new offense under Nagy, should be a good Mentor for Trubisky.

#273 ·
Last night was the best game by a Bears defense that I've seen since they played the Giants on the 1st Monday night of 1987. I was there and it was amazing. They'd won the Super Bowl in '85, the Giants won it in '86 and the Bears defense totally annihilated the Giants that night. At one point the line of scrimmage was right in front of me and the Bears were in the backfield before Simms could hand the ball off. They put Simms out of the game. I'm surprised he can still walk after what they did to him that night.

But last night rates right up there. I actually stayed up to watch it all (WAY past my bedtime) because it was such a great display of defensive power.

So yeah, It looks like the Bears are for real. Took long enough...

#274 ·
after an 18 year drought, i suppose i picked a good game to attend. not sure how i made it into the office this morning but watching hicks stack bodies in real time is something i will never forget. just wondering where i can pick up my game ball because i have nothing for a voice today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.