Chicago Fishing Forum banner

NORM

9K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  HEDDONFROG 
#1 ·
I thought this would be the appropriate place to let you all know that the infamous Norm passed away yesterday.

The cancer he was battling won.

Email with him in the last few weeks showed him to be quite positive about beating the whole thing and being back on the water come spring.

I don't know any other details.

I am going to miss him.

RIP Norm.

#5 ·
Rich D said:
Sorry to hear it, Ken. Especially this time of year. Ran into him on the Kank a couple of times. He seemed like a great guy, and certainly loved the water as much as anyone, for sure.
Same here. He was so helpful back when I was trying to figure out those Kank smallies. Ran into him a couple at the area 7 parking lot and he talked my ear off. It was so obvious how knowledgeable he was and how much he loved that river. RIP Norm

#13 ·
Sorry to read this. I thought he was turning the corner on that shit. The guy knew fishing, been reading his reports for years and enjoyed them with a hint of jealousy.

RIP Creekyknees.

#17 ·
Damn. I thought he was so positive about beating it recently. Cancer is a shitty shitty thing. Always taking good people too soon. :? :cry:
I learned just about everything I know about the K3 from him over the years. He will truly be missed by the masses. One of the good ones. RIP Norm. Thanks for everything through the years.

And thanks Ken, for coming on here and letting us know.

#23 ·
Ken, I was unaware of Norm's passing. I thought about calling him last night to head out fishing today- as Wednesday was one of his adventure days. We lost a GREAT ONE. My condolences go out to his family. Such a wonderful human being. Rest in Peace Norm

D.Sims

#24 ·
Aux Pleins said:
JB said:
RIP Creekyknees.
Aka

RiverRineRodent

Or Just Norm Minas. You all remember the name for years on the suntimes fishing reports. One from just the 'other day'....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.su ... -life/amp/
Aux, I was going to ask if that is one and the same. I read that article back when it came out, it was a great article. I've oftentimes heard you guys speak of Norm, sounded like a helluva guy. RIP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.