Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bears thread

45K views 321 replies 40 participants last post by  Luckydawg13 
#1 ·
I'm a pretty big Bears fan, figure I'm not the only one. How are you guys feeling about the season coming up? I think we will have a pretty average record, long shot to get into the playoffs partly because of the division we are in. I'm really excited to watch the front seven on D. That is where they have been building the foundation of the team and I think this will be the year the Bears D reestablishes itself. Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard have the potential to become the best defensive line in the league in my opinion (also sounds like a law firm). Maybe Deiondre Hall will surprise us in the secondary like Adrian Amos did last year. Offense a lot will depend on the line which is starting to look shaky with injuries. It will be fun to see Kevin White get to play, hopefully the running backs too. Can't wait for football!

#277 ·
Woohoodude11 said:
I'll be super interested in seeing the Cowboys and Bears in the playoffs. 2 defensive powerhouses and mediocre offenses.
I'm with you as long as the Bears win. I FUCKING HATE THE COWBOYS. It goes back to when they came into the NFL in 1960 and the Bears drafted Don Meredith in the 3rd round & Papa Bear basically gave him to Dallas to ensure the success of that franchise. WTF??? Look it up.

After that the Bears won the Championship in '63 & then went into the shitter.

#279 ·
This season has really bitten me in the ass. The Hawks went from 5th/6th in the league to last in a month or so- Thanks Collinton, nice motivation job.

The Bulls? They haven't really been worth a shit since Jordan retired.

The puke bears are actually almost good and winning. F*CK!

Go Vikes and Pack! And Cowboys, just to irritate Rambler. :lol:

#281 ·
Lip_Yanker said:
This season has really bitten me in the ass. The Hawks went from 5th/6th in the league to last in a month or so- Thanks Collinton, nice motivation job.

The Bulls? They haven't really been worth a shit since Jordan retired.

The puke bears are actually almost good and winning. F*CK!

Lol. Almost good? :roll:

#282 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
I guess my internet sarcasm didn't shine through there huh?

So ya, ALMOST good. Good defense, which has almost always been their hallmark, but imo a mediocre offense. I don't believe they have the power to score enough points when they get to the playoffs.

I hope they prove me wrong and do well, only because I have family and friends that are ridiculously irritating Bears fans- and I wish for them to be happy. Ironically, they are also the ones that are Flubs fans too, so that really puts a strain on my relationships with them. :lol:

#283 ·
Lip_Yanker said:
SmalliesNEyes said:
I guess my internet sarcasm didn't shine through there huh?

So ya, ALMOST good. Good defense, which has almost always been their hallmark, but imo a mediocre offense. I don't believe they have the power to score enough points when they get to the playoffs.

I hope they prove me wrong and do well, only because I have family and friends that are ridiculously irritating Bears fans- and I wish for them to be happy. Ironically, they are also the ones that are Flubs fans too, so that really puts a strain on my relationships with them. :lol:

I picked up on it. I was just goofing around too. :thumbup: They're good. Almost good would be last year. Elite D. Mediocre O. Good O when Mitch is playing well. Classifies as good to me.

#284 ·
Has been a treat to watch these bears, and to my good fortune, since they have become this years media darlings (along with the chiefs), Ive seen almost every game on local programming in s FL, in addition to sun/mon/thurs night games.

Not totally sold they are for real, though. I feel without K. Mack falling into their laps a week before season started, they could just as easily be 4 & 9 team.
D is very exciting to watch (when playing with a lead), O is vastly improved from Smith, trestman, fox eras. Nagy, while hes made more than a couple boneheaded calls, has shown me he could be the coach to get this team over the hump. Retaining Fangio was huge, imo, too.

The biggest ? mark on this team, at least to me, continues to be the QB position. I hope bisket eventually figures it out, but am unoptimistic about that. After the drafting of trubisky, I feared it was cade mcnown 2.0. Well, hes better than cade was. I have now upped my projection to Sam Bradford 2.0.

#285 ·
Lip_Yanker said:
I actually root for the Pack from time-to-time. That's when they play the Cowboys.

And I was a huge Fran Tarkenton fan back in the day. Never could figure out how they played outdoors in the winter at the old metro stadium (where Mall of America stands today). I remember a shot of Buffone sitting on the sideline with icicles hanging off the ends of his fu manchu. God it looked brutal.

#289 ·
Rambler said:
Well, shit.
Absolutely 110% knew the Bears could only go as far as Parkey could take them. You have to hit GW fieldgoals in the playoffs to win, and I knew he couldn't do it. Games are tight. Disappointed, as I think the Bears were healthy and good enough to win it all on the backs of that elite D, but this team is going to be very good for the next 4-5 years. They'll have another shot. Hopefully with a better kicker...

Doesn't help that Nagy was conservative as all hell in the first half. If he calls the game like he did in the 4th quarter, attacking Philly's weak secondary like he did, the FG is a non-issue. As they would have had a 2-3 TD lead, IMO.

#291 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
Rambler said:
Well, shit.
Doesn't help that Nagy was conservative as all hell in the first half. If he calls the game like he did in the 4th quarter, attacking Philly's weak secondary like he did, the FG is a non-issue. As they would have had a 2-3 TD lead, IMO.
Totally agree. On our second to last drive he went back to that conservative play calling, we went 3 and out and gave Philly the ball back with 5+ on the clock. I told my son it was over.

#297 ·
Brett said:
It was tipped by an Eagles lineman, missed by inches. Parkey still sucks though. Not sure if we can get out of his contract until 2020 but Gould does still live in Chicago. Dumbest move Pace ever made letting him go.
The argument can be made that it got tipped more toward center lol. Funny too that Gould was actually in attendance for that game.

#298 ·
Quite a 2 days.
Id like to have more optimism, but the aroma of desperation makes that difficult.
I DO have to give some credit. Pace DOES seem willing to cut ties with his high draft picks that dont pan out( which sadly seems to be most of them).
No clue if Foles is going to be the answer, but I do like the guy as a human being.

#299 ·
Bringing in Quinn it's clear they are going to bet on an overwhelming defense and taking what they can get on offense. I expect a much more aggressive approach on D too, ie Pagano era Ravens, as talent has shifted towards front seven and away from secondary overall. Jaylon Johnson should be at to contribute soon though, physical corner who can disrupt routes to compliment QB pressure. Early contribution from Kmet would be a nice plus, got to love the local kid. Learned my lessons making predictions but it should be fun to watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.