Chicago Fishing Forum banner

WCF Ice Fishing Derby

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Rambler 
#1 ·
Hey, any thoughts to putting together an ice fishing day on a lake TDB? We've done this on the past. Bring food, beer(s) and fishing equipment. What say you? LZ

#13 ·
I'm thinking Sunday the 17th. Dunno where, though. Bangs is not looking like it's going to be very productive this year with the weed cut they did... looking at Lake Link reports for two weeks of very little being caught, and no weeds to be found anywhere in the lake. The Chain somewhere? Nielson's Channels? Dunno.

#14 ·
One vote for Independence Grove. Right off the interstate is key for people who come a long ways. One of the best fisheries(lakes) in northern Illinois in my opinion. No entrance fee in winter. Catch and release only lake, but I'm sure you ice guys already filled your freezers for the season. Plenty of room in the marina pool, makes it easier to judge and socialize. Plenty of parking and I believe the shitters are open all winter long.

Most importantly, predator fish bite good. Bass, pike, and musky..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.