Old School 4-22

Fishing information and reports for for the rest of the Cook County Forest Preserve District waters.

Old School 4-22

Postby Peter Piper » Apr Mon 22, 2019 8:52 pm

I had an hour to kill between 2 to 3 today. Wind slightly blowing to the north and hit the far north end. Walked out on the reed mat, soaked my feet and caught 2 pretty quick on the white plastic. Went to the east side and caught the last one on the Live Target Bluegill on the pause. Thanks to the cranky report, I was inspired....thanks Crank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter Piper
Game Fish

Re: Old School 4-22

Postby Grain » Apr Mon 22, 2019 10:25 pm

You got there right after I left - my phone says I was in the car at 1:45, almost two hours later than I planned :D
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Aux Pleins » Apr Mon 22, 2019 10:35 pm

That's a good hour at any forest preserve lake. Wear a cup like skifish1 does when wading a forest preserve lake. I hear snapping turtles can get territorial.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Busse Jim » Apr Mon 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Wear a cup like skifish1 does when wading a forest preserve lake. I hear snapping turtles can get territorial.
:lol: :lol:
Busse Jim
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Apr Tue 23, 2019 1:15 am

There's several snappers in that lake too. I got a hard to make out pic of one of em a week or two ago. OS ain't in crook county though, we use "Other Waters" for our posts :wink:

I know what you're sayin though...I got my feet soaked in the exact same spot on Friday.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Apr Tue 23, 2019 7:52 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:I know what you're sayin though...I got my feet soaked in the exact same spot on Friday.

I have decent outdoor boots that I wear fishing, so I generally can escape spots like that without damage, but I keep looking for the right wellies, because you know - one good rain and the access there becomes terrible unless you can stand in water.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby HEDDONFROG » Apr Tue 23, 2019 9:47 am

Grain wrote:
Woohoodude11 wrote:I have decent outdoor boots that I wear fishing, so I generally can escape

This. I don’t know why more people don’t wear some type of water proof boots while shore fishing. Mine let me move out from shore a little and get better angles on parallel casts and get baits unsnagged when they’re not too deep.

PP; good outing. Glad you connected on some good ones
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes