Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Free guided trip to the 7th message request

8K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  badger75 
#1 ·
I hope I don't regret it later but to the member who has the 7th message in my inbox you'll get a 1 day free guided river smallie fishing trip.

Sometimes I feel guilty hording all these river fish and the older I get I realize I can't fish these spots forever. I might as well pass along to hopefully to a trustworthy WCFing FIB. My personal friends rarely make it up here anymore and I sometimes enjoy the camaraderie of fellow anglers on the water.

Here's the fine print:

*You must have 750 or more posts.
*I have a job at the moment, Sunday is the only day I can fish but it's plenty of time to fish and show a few productive places.
*No 'Building my brand' overly social media types for wanting to fish these spots for some commercial purpose or will blow up spots. Few things annoy me more than hucksters peddling crap or overly self promoting their prowess on these easy fish. It's hard to explain.

Imo fishing for smallies will be best this weekend or next weekend but I'll take anyone when they can make it up here. From now to mid June is generally good on the rivers and June to mid August on the lakes for my abilities and preferences to fish for them at the moment.

Good luck.

P.s. If you want to bring a buddy or two that's cool but four people (including myself) on these small spots might be a little too much to fish at once.

See less See more
#8 ·
Still haven't reached a 7th request. Chicago style is vote early and often. So vote multiple times if you like.

Someone suggested I offer this weekly, I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. And if I did offer that I hope I'd be permanently kicked off the site. Lol

Part of the charm and success of some these places is 90%+ I have the place to myself with not another person within miles.

#19 ·
Brett said:
Got into some teeth, plenty of smallies, almost sent my younger brother home from the bar with a local AARP member. I'll post a couple pics soon.
Love every word of this :lol:

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Brent,

It was great fishing with you and your brother. I wish the fishing was better, the action was above average but I don't know if we caught more than 5 smallies that were legal size, no monster smallies came out to play.

It was pretty cool that I think on your second cast you caught that musky, that's why I bring that silly musky net. Brent is a big guy, I'm guessing around 6'3", so that's not a hammer handle he landed.

Most importantly you guys quickly figured out how to read these waters and on several occasions both of you were showing me how's it's done and changing up presentations to get the smallies going again.

Yeah some of the best parts of fishing trips is the weird and funny shit that happens off the water. Mrs. Stifler the bartender closing for the kill on your young, kind natured brother must have been missing footage from a David Lynch film. She's got amazing dentures and I'll say they contrasted nicely with her complexion that comes from long years of partying. Right away she's pushing for him and us to get more drinks, she was so pushy I thought I was at the Town Revue on Cicero as a youngster again. She was a really classy ring on every finger type of gal. Finally after she said for the 4th time to him "what do you want?" I yelled back to break the tension "He'd like to return home with both kidneys." to which she quickly replied and smiled to him "I can't give you kids, I'm fixed". She did name drop a few trout streams in my neck of the woods that only a insiders know so she did have redeamable qualities. I do regret your brother didn't take one for the team for some valuable intel.

20190602_103545.jpg

20190602_104703.jpg

20190601_195312.jpg

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.