Catch real fish on Fake minnows! Video

The Northshore Channel, The Cal/Sag, the entire Chicago River system is loaded with fish... GAME FISH! Discover this great fisherie in Chicago's backyard.

Catch real fish on Fake minnows! Video

Postby GEO » Jun Mon 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Some huge hook sets with light line bass and crappie at home

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxKOV6QBtg&t=402s

Email me at [email protected] or simply see me on the water ::))

Happy Fishing
Ps I’ll try to separate the vids out alittle more next time.

Geo
Active Internet Troll Collector.

<GEO((><
GEO
Pan Fish

Re: Catch real fish on Fake minnows! Video

Postby ganz1960 » Jun Thu 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Hey Geo,

Based on your vids, I decided to explore the Albany Park area for the first time. I've been there twice now.

Two days ago, I was skunked around the area in your vids. Skunked at the dock, along the shore, and near the rapids. I did get a bunch of light taps on my jig and gulp minnow, plus one monstrous hit, but no hook ups. The experience motivated me just enough to try again today.

This morning, on my 3rd cast with a road runner underspin jig head and gulp minnow, I hooked the biggest crappie I've ever seen. I couldn't land it so no photo. The reason: in the 2 days since I was at the spot, the river level really rose. You can see the roaring rapids in the photo.
IMG_0197.jpg

Where I was standing 2 days ago is underwater today. So I had to move way up above the water and I couldn't lift the crappie out of the current and up to where I was. Midway up, the hook pulled out and it was gone. If he had hit 2 days ago, I could have landed it easily at the water's edge. Damn!

I did manage to lift 3 smaller crappie like the one pictured.
Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 6.49.43 PM.png

Still decent to me, but the easy lifting is why I know the missed crappie was so big. Plus I hooked a carp unintentionally on a small crank bait, plus a drum unintentionally on a powerbait swim jig. Just saw them but I couldn't land either of them.

It was a fun morning, so thanks for the inspiration!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ganz1960
Minnow

Postby GEO » Jun Fri 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Great stuff Ganz, I don’t see many. But very happy I saw this reply ::)) great looking fish and post. Looks like your doing very well. Who knows what will be at the end of your line next :). It’s way to easy to get lost at home now a days, Glad your out there really living :) Catch ya on the water.

Don’t stop <((><
I look forward to more

Happy Fishing

Geo
Active Internet Troll Collector.

<GEO((><
GEO
Pan Fish

Postby ganz1960 » Jun Sat 22, 2019 9:27 am

Thanks Geo.

The very next morning after I caught the fish described above, I went back to the same spot.

By then, the river had dropped significantly again and I could stand near the shoreline. This time, though, I caught no crappie. Not a single hit from a crappie.

However, between 6:30 AM and 7:15 AM, it seemed the channel cats came alive. In those 45 minutes, I caught 4 throwing the jig/gulp minnow set up I intended for crappie. Then nothing for more than an hour so I called it quits.

Seems the crappie may have preferred higher faster water! All of them caught the previous morning were right in the current. Amazing.
ganz1960
Minnow

Return to Chicago River