Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Front load washer repair recommendation

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  ronanlien 
#1 ·
Anyone know a good appliance repair shop? The gasket on our front-loader is leaking. I'd prefer to use a recommendation I get on WCF than other sources.

Thanks.

#3 ·
joetrain said:
https://youtu.be/A35w1S9TvTI

^^^^ Rambler you got this. Save some dough and do it yourself.
~JOE~
Agreed, what are you some kinda lazy millennial?

#6 ·
joetrain said:
^^^^ Rambler you got this. Save some dough and do it yourself.
Joe: I appreciate your confidence. I watched that video before posting my question. The question isn't 'can I do it?' - I can. The question is 'do I want to fuck with it?' The answer is 'no I don't.' I'd much prefer to save the time for other things & pay someone to fix it. But I really do appreciate your confidence in me. :D

Phil6 said:
Agreed, what are you some kinda lazy millennial?
Fuck no. But I pride myself on being able to prioritize my time. Fucking with a washing machine means less fishing. I'm old, retired & can afford to pay somebody else to do this shit. You're smart - you'll figure it out. :D

polishfly said:
hahaha today seems to be a shit-starting kinda day! Do it Rambler I have faith in you...and if you need to turn it into a camper I can help.
Great idea (I think). Turn a washing machine into a camper.

Reminds me of the time we were visiting an old friend - a retired school superintendent - who lives in a beautiful farm house on a hill outside of Brattleboro, VT. He had just finished building a really neat cart for gardening. He'd built 2 - one for himself & one for a friend.

I said, "I've got a great idea. Why don't you start making these in volume. We could corner the market & make millions. Then you could retire and buy yourself a beautiful farm house on a hill in Vermont." :lol:

#8 ·
ffishman said:
We can't wait till our front loader has problems. We hate the machines. Looking to go back to top loaders
My brother has an appliance repair biz. He won't even touch them. Wizbang get's out of hand. I remember when I first started in HVAC there was nothing I could not get going at least temporarily out of my truck.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Rambler said:
Fucking with a washing machine means less fishing.... can afford to pay somebody else to do this shit.
Exactly how felt climbing on my roof yesterday. As I got to the top of the ladder I was thinking 'wtf am I doing right now'. Then when I got up there I started contemplating again for about 5mins before even moving an inch. The worst was trying to get down, thought about calling the fire department for a split second :D .

I came up with the genius idea of parking my truck close by and using the ladder out of the truck bed. :sarcasm: I figured that would save me about 3-4feet if I fell.

IMG_20190530_41171.jpg

Attachments

#13 ·
joetrain said:
^^^^ Marcus that is the classic " what not to do" that every construction safety video depicts. I was forced to watch them monthly.

It's actually not a bad idea.
~JOE~
Except if it was an OSHA video the truck would start rolling back, holding up the ladder, until it final backs into a powerline, electrocuting half the block. Upon arrival, the rookie cop responding to the scene walks right up to the hot ladder and also becomes incapacitated.

"THIS COULD BE YOU."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.