Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Lost someone very special

4K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Yankoo 
#1 ·
My cousin Bruce lost his wife Sue Bea this past Sunday. Those that have fished with me have all met Bruce and some of you have met Sue Bea in passing. She's been battling cancer off and on for 10yrs but battling it every day for the last 3yrs. I've spent a little time with her every week for months now and really had a heart to heart with her last Thursday. I told her truthfully that I have never met another person in my life who was as kind, caring, compassionate and giving as she was. I also told her that the first couple times I was around her, I kinda thought she was faking it, lol. Like how on earth could anyone be so damn nice. She truly was that nice. She was also the older sister I never had and I always minded my language around her...not an easy feat, as those that know me can attest. Read her Obituary and it will give you a glimpse of how giving of herself she was to others. Idk anyone who devotes a tenth of their time to causes as she did. She will be greatly missed.

Bruce is going to be a lost soul for awhile and those that fish with me regularly, expect at least of month absence from fishing out there and also maybe think of some places we can take him fishing to get out of the house. Tom I know we're a ways away from hunting season but maybe keep him in mind for a pheasant hunt this fall.

https://www.carlsonholmquistsayles.com/ ... ituaryInfo

See less See more
#2 ·
Damn, Dave, sorry for your loss and Bruce's loss. I never met his wife, I did meet Bruce and Bruce welcomes me into his without making me with arms open. If Bruce was the sweet and kind, I could only imagine how gracious she was.

I'd be down take Bruce fishing and making sure he's surrounded by people.

#5 ·
She's been battling cancer off and on for 10yrs but battling it every day for the last 3yrs.
I was down that same kind of road with my dad and his battle with prostate cancer. You're just never ready for it to be that final day when it comes upon you and you've been battling for so long. I remember saying after the phone call "It can't be today... it just can't"
I just say that so you know I can relate and I'm sending my best wishes your direction. Cancer is a bitch. I'm sorry that it took another special person, it seems to make a habit of doing that.
All the best to her husband in the loss of his partner as well.

#10 ·
The battle against cancer is one that no one should have to undertake. My condolences and best wishes to you and Bruce

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.