General fishing information

Well that sux

Postby Aux Pleins » Sep Thu 12, 2019 8:33 am

Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Re: Well that sux

Postby joetrain » Sep Thu 12, 2019 8:38 am

That does blow. The same thing happened down here to some smaller bodies of water. Several dogs died after swimming in it. One woman had two or three dogs and all of them died within an hour.
~JOE~
A Dio sia la gloria
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby vman01 » Sep Thu 12, 2019 9:48 am

That stuff is bad news for dogs. Even brief contact with the water can kill them from a report just a while back they had on the news.
vman01
Fishing Czar

Postby minstrel » Sep Thu 12, 2019 11:43 am

That indeed sucks, but anyone stepping foot in Opeka is a little nuts to begin with. I also never understand people with their dogs swimming it goes on a lot at Beck...
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby Woohoodude11 » Sep Thu 12, 2019 2:01 pm

minstrel wrote:That indeed sucks, but anyone stepping foot in Opeka is a little nuts to begin with.

Yeah, better have your tetanus shot up to date with all those lost lures and hooks on the bottom :lol:
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Peter Piper » Sep Fri 13, 2019 8:05 am

Yes Minstrel! you are correct, I enjoy dogs at Beck so much that when people let their dogs run lose in and out of the water around me, I just quit fishing and give my loving time and attention to the dog and his owner. Its fun to show the owner how the dog will pay attention to just about anyone other than the owner. As for Opeka, I think the lake could use a bit of a rest. Maybe it will go back to catch and release for a bit so the bucket heads wont get sick?
Peter Piper
Game Fish

Postby Grain » Sep Fri 13, 2019 8:10 am

I've always wondered why on Earth people take their dogs to Beck when there is a dedicated of leash area right. there. Then I noticed the banner inviting dog owners to become members and it all became clear.
Grain
Game Fish

Postby urbanHog312 » Sep Fri 13, 2019 9:59 am

Then I noticed the banner inviting dog owners to become members and it all became clear.

yah, off leash doggo permits aint cheap. apologies to anyone that has had their fishing sesh ruined by a large golden retriever running drills on various sections of the west branch.
gin, smoke, lies
urbanHog312
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Sep Fri 13, 2019 10:20 am

urbanHog312 wrote:
Then I noticed the banner inviting dog owners to become members and it all became clear.

yah, off leash doggo permits aint cheap. apologies to anyone that has had their fishing sesh ruined by a large golden retriever running drills on various sections of the west branch.

They are $60 a year.
Grain
Game Fish

Postby minstrel » Sep Fri 13, 2019 12:20 pm

I think people also assume that since there is the signage for "off leash dog area" that the whole area is off-leash and let their dogs run free all around Beck. The only thing that annoys me about it really is that the dogs chase after the geese every. time. That means 30 geese flying near to/over your head while fishing because some dopey dog wanted to chase them...

As for Opeka, I think the lake could use a bit of a rest. Maybe it will go back to catch and release for a bit so the bucket heads wont get sick?

No signage change will stop those people though... I'll leave it at that :wink:
minstrel
Fishing Czar

Postby jmdog2003 » Sep Sun 15, 2019 8:57 pm

Holy smokes man. I've heard that stuff is nasty.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Lake Opeka