Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Caught my 1st frog Fish at Busse

4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Busse Jim 
#1 ·
been going to busse trying to land my 1st ever musky. I know its a pressured system and is fished a lot but i am trying to stay persistence in hopes of learning something along the way of striking out consistently .

Got a little bored after not getting any hits on musky lures so i decided to try a frog which i never really had any luck with . i watched some videos earlier in the day about Fast Frog Retrieval in hopes of getting a Bass to react . i had a few missed blowups and started to realize that the bass was blowing up my frog in the same spot and being very protective of the area i was dragging the frog over. Slowed down the retrieval a bit and hook-set after waiting a seconds. was an exhilarating experience and now i want to set up a pole with braid for frogging purposes . Bass weighed in a little over 3lbs which is good for me for Busse i usually catch dinks . Caught him at the entrance to the island on the main lake with the Geocaching crate on it .. ( not sure if that island has a name i am new here )

i will be out there a lot this fall Trolling on my Sea eagle or on my Lifetime Yukon 116 kayak. any tips on trying to land a musky would be great . i know its not the best place but i am trying to teach myself as much as possible about fishing highly pressured areas so info on busse specially would be great . TIA

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.