Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Trout farm is now channel cat fish farm

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Chana468 
#1 ·
ended up at trout farms hidden lakes park in Bolingbrook and crew was out stocking nice sized channel cats for those who fish for those. Not my cup of tea but they were good looking fish. People taking pics but i was trying to be stealthy cause the crews were not letting people fish the ponds they were stocking. Didn't last long before yelled at from across the lake from one of the guys even though I was bass fishing.

#6 ·
I use to work down there is HS. Was a great gig, and loved weekly stocking when I was on shift.....throw a few large ones in the back ponds no one would fish.... If they were roping off one pond, they are probably preparing for the night/evening fishing derby. For that they stick and then rope off and open it up when the derby starts......can become a crowded mess. Trout in Spring and Fall was the old schedule, think they still do they same. And yes the river would flood and sometimes land lock some of the largest carp I have ever seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.