Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Do you feel it in the air?

13K views 68 replies 24 participants last post by  SmalliesNEyes 
#1 ·
Two ponds I drive by every day are fully locked up, no temps above freezing until Thursday/Friday... single digit lows tonight.. dare I say I'll be out there testing ice tomorrow and thursday?

See less See more
#55 ·
SmalliesNEyes said:
SpecialEd said:
@smalliesneyes - Lot's of guys on at Neilson's today
That's a beautiful sight.

I'll probably be out there Saturday at some point.
Knowing Neilson's there will be roughly 7342 auger holes open/frozen over. Crazy how popular it is for 2ft of water

#58 ·
Caught snot and a gill, buddy caught a 14.5" crappie, such is life :D

This pond my buddy found has some freakishly large crappie, he got on some bigger ones this summer. Excited to learn it this winter.

#61 ·
Aux Pleins said:
Lake Belleau and Axehead Lake have a bit of open water still. If anyone cares for cook county ice. I drove to the Root River for trout yesterday after work, that mfer was frozen up and down. #bust
Well that totally sucks.

I'm hoping there is enough near shore ice to support my weight because as soon as I'm done writing this I'm going to try and recover some baits hanging from tree limbs lol If send out an SOS, have Woo come get me at the Library pond :D

#62 ·
Went out again last night, we got on some average+ sized gill, a small LM and I got a ~12" crappie. Drilled a ton of scouting holes, the lake is 10ft throughout without more than 2 ft of variance. Weird stuff. Going back tonight. Had my small hub up last night for the first time this season :)

#64 ·
Got out for 7 days in a row last week. Who knows when Ill be out there again :cry:

Trip up to far north Wisconsin 2nd week of January... something to look forward to

#66 ·
Phil6 said:
Got out for 7 days in a row last week. Who knows when Ill be out there again :cry:

Trip up to far north Wisconsin 2nd week of January... something to look forward to
Phil6 said:

You're going far north Wisconsin the second week of January, and I'm headed to the Bahamas the 15th for 6 days. Haha. As much as I wanna get on the ice, I'm really looking forward to my 2nd trip there in the past 6 months.

#69 ·
Rambler said:
SmalliesNEyes said:
I'm headed to the Bahamas the 15th for 6 days
Always thought Nassau was like a tropical Wisconsin Dells. Wanna buy a tee shirt?
Haha. I'll be on a cruise. Princess Cay one day and Nassau the next. Was on a cruise to Nassau and Freeport in July... before Freeport got flattened. Looking forward to those beautiful 80 degree days, though. Lots of firsts for my 12 year old daughter too. Her first time on a plane, in Florida, seeing the ocean, being in the ocean, and her first cruise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.