Chicago Fishing Forum banner

It's over

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Brett 
#1 ·
Unless they let us fish off the docks, it will soon be over.

https://wgntv.com/2020/01/07/marina-com ... er-in-2021

Although, :idea: :idea: this currently is a restricted area for boats. I envision a creative angler with a kayak will be able to make limeade out of the limes they are handing us. :idea: :idea: I hope my hands will be able to stand the November and December cold.

See less See more
#7 ·
Oh ye of little faith. Don't you know this is for the greater good?

Remember the words of that great American sage Al Capp: "What's good for General Bullmoose is good for the USA."

#9 ·
I remember when I first got my fishing fever. Over 50 years ago when Navy Pier was still a "Navy Pier."
We drove the family car all the way out to the end and set up after my Uncle threw an anchor far out
into open water to spook the fish closer to us. I caught 26 perch, and I didn't even know what I was
doing. My Uncle stopped counting at 100. We kept enough for a big family dinner. I got zero sleep the
night before we went out early. Too excited. I still get that adrenaline rush today, but for different reasons.

#11 ·
HEDDONFROG said:
Here's an update on the new marina Vs fisherman.
Thanks for the update! If the docks are left for the winter, I doubt if they would allow the anglers to use them because:

1) to protect the docks form the vandals and the trash pigs

2) dummies will be stepping off the docks onto the ice and the ice is never very safe there, coming and going all through the winter. There's often a lot of current through there, just like at the harbor mouths.

3) too keep the jihadis from being able to walk out on the ice and go under the pier itself or over to the filtration plant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.