Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Blackwell Spring brook creek restoration

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jonny2can 
#1 ·
Didn't venture to see what has been done but it seems like the big opening north of silver lake is going to cut to a narrow stream possibly? Not sure if that is the case.. I have caught nice bass in there before right off the bridge near the small dam parallel to the ranger station. Always could see monster bass jumping in the distance from the bridge. Never tried to access any other shore opportunities cause it looked impossible to bushwack. Will be interesting to see if it opens up fishing opportunity once the project is done and if the fish will still be there. Will try to get some pics in the near future. This link has a updated pic of the new section of stream built. Hope that is not the huge pond they tore down. :( https://www.dupageforest.org/news/upcom ... estoration

#3 ·
Hope that is not the huge pond they tore down
i tried to check for you this morning but i couldnt see far enough down the trail off winfield road. ill try to swing through the park later today. need to check ice conditions there anyway since i heard the north section is still open...thats the best spot. dont care what folks say about that stupid island.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.