Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Powers Lake

8K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  coyote 
#1 ·
Going out on Powers Lake with tip ups and ice jigs. Will be using medium roaches to target bass and pike and a jig and minnow to target walleye. Any tips at all for this lake? First time out there, second time ever ice fishing. Thanks.

#2 ·
Never been on this lake before, so I'm no help, but good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Maybe Coyote has some info if you PM him? Or FishinMatt. Not sure of anyone else who regularly fishes those small lakes up over the state line. I know those two have regularly fished up that way, though. Particularly the Delevan/Geneva area.

#5 ·
I can tell you , Bass and Pike not much size Pannfish it is know for and yes Walleye are there is a very good ice fishing a Guide i know says its is Favorite Lake outside of Delly and Geneva to ice fish, i was up there last week and many ice fishing it just look for the crowds, i fish it in Summer and Catch Smallies and Largies with ease with a ocassionally a Hawg, if you get time try the Lake across the Street called Benedict a nice lake too

#8 ·
Been out there the last two weekends. Marked plenty of fish. Haven't caught anything. One guy we were fishing with caught a limit of big blue and crappie. I drive up 2 hours to Wisconsin to go after big pike and muskie, won't be going back to this lake anytime soon. Only pike I've seen caught out of this lake are smaller than the DPR hammer handles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.