2019 Stocking Report Cook County Forest Preserves

Fishing tips, fishing questions, fishing information, whatever... post here. Not Chicago specific.

2019 Stocking Report Cook County Forest Preserves

Postby Wolfnight » Feb Thu 13, 2020 1:52 pm

IMG_0934.JPG
For those who have not yet seen it, the 2019 Stocking Report for Cook County Forest Preserve Lakes is out . I got this at the Tinley Park Expo last Saturday where the IDNR had an exhibit. 572,890 fish were stocked in 2019 representing 6 different species. Interesting data. I will try and scan. Tight lines all.
I now attach a photo. Apologies for the small print. If you click on the picture it will right size and be easier to read.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolfie
Wolfnight
Pan Fish

Re: 2019 Stocking Report Cook County Forest Preserves

Postby philkol123 » Feb Thu 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Good to know! Can't believe they're dumping that many walleye into the cesspool known as Tampier...........
philkol123
Pan Fish

Postby Phil6 » Feb Thu 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Holy shit thats a lot of walleye... I guess it does note that theyre fry/fingerlings but still.
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Thu 13, 2020 3:12 pm

philkol123 wrote:Good to know! Can't believe they're dumping that many walleye into the cesspool known as Tampier...........

Why is it a cesspool? I grew up on the south side, and it was one of the first lakes I ever fished. I'm not sure why it would be considered a cesspool.

Tampier has always been a good walleye fishery, if you know where to find them. Looks like the IDNR wants to make it a better one, considering 300,000 walleye fry/fingerlings were stocked.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Tampier is where the CCFPD walleye hatchery is. I suspect that's got something to do with it.
Keep calm and fish on...

There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid
Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby philkol123 » Feb Fri 14, 2020 7:54 am

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
philkol123 wrote:Good to know! Can't believe they're dumping that many walleye into the cesspool known as Tampier...........

Why is it a cesspool? I grew up on the south side, and it was one of the first lakes I ever fished. I'm not sure why it would be considered a cesspool.

Tampier has always been a good walleye fishery, if you know where to find them. Looks like the IDNR wants to make it a better one, considering 300,000 walleye fry/fingerlings were stocked.

SNE the fishing at Tampier has really gone down hill. Over fishing and pollution over the last decade has really brought it down in my Cook County Lake rankings. I live in the SW burbs and much rather fish Lemont Quarries, Sag Quarries, Tuma, Saganashkee, even Maple Lake.
philkol123
Pan Fish

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Fri 14, 2020 11:04 am

philkol123 wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:

SNE the fishing at Tampier has really gone down hill. Over fishing and pollution over the last decade has really brought it down in my Cook County Lake rankings. I live in the SW burbs and much rather fish Lemont Quarries, Sag Quarries, Tuma, Saganashkee, even Maple Lake.

I haven't fished it really at all in 15-20 years. I know some people who do regularly, though. They still manage to pull quality walleye out of there on a regular basis, so I doubt it's any more polluted than any other FP lake. I'd also argue that most FP lakes are over-fished, and combined with the lack of manpower in the IDNR, it's a recipe for terrible FP lakes and over-harvesting. If you want quality, you have to get off the beaten path, and find ponds/small lakes that no one goes to.

Lemont Quarries is one of my go-to ice spots, though. :thumbup:

I grew up in Worth, and live in Bolingbrook now.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby philkol123 » Feb Fri 14, 2020 11:28 am

SNE the fishing at Tampier has really gone down hill. Over fishing and pollution over the last decade has really brought it down in my Cook County Lake rankings. I live in the SW burbs and much rather fish Lemont Quarries, Sag Quarries, Tuma, Saganashkee, even Maple Lake.[/quote]

I haven't fished it really at all in 15-20 years. I know some people who do regularly, though. They still manage to pull quality walleye out of there on a regular basis, so I doubt it's any more polluted than any other FP lake. I'd also argue that most FP lakes are over-fished, and combined with the lack of manpower in the IDNR, it's a recipe for terrible FP lakes and over-harvesting. If you want quality, you have to get off the beaten path, and find ponds/small lakes that no one goes to.

Lemont Quarries is one of my go-to ice spots, though. :thumbup:

I grew up in Worth, and live in Bolingbrook now.[/quote]

Yeah SNE, Lemont Quarries is the only Cook County lake I frequent. Other than that I'm getting into the thick of it, finding good spots mostly on rivers, on my kayak.

Born and raised in the Palos area, still live there, but probably moving up to Wrigley area to be closer to work and what not.
philkol123
Pan Fish

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Fri 14, 2020 11:46 am

They net a lot of big walleye at Busse every year for eggs/milt to breed those walleye at the hatchery. It's funny watching them chuck carp over their shoulders while sorting through the nets. You can see some of the process on YouTube. There was also a segment on Jay's Chicago about the hatchery program.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby jonny2can » Feb Fri 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Guess the gave the finger to the bass guys...jeez
jonny2can
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Sat 15, 2020 8:15 am

Bass stock themselves fairly well.
Lets Go Sharks!

FB|IG|Twitter|Snap @woohoodude11
Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Wolfnight » Feb Sat 15, 2020 10:47 am

Phil, I agree Tampier has gotten worse and much harder but sad people like me keeping fishing it living in hope!
Wolfie
Wolfnight
Pan Fish

Postby Grain » Feb Sat 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Hard to believe that there's a body of water that needs more bluegills.
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby jonny2can » Feb Sat 15, 2020 4:26 pm

Woohoodude11 wrote:Bass stock themselves fairly well.
yea but cook county isn't well enforced. For example lake ida in countryside used to be a great small little bass fishing lake. Seen pics from regulars that usedto catch 5 to 6 pounders in there. Had one break my line once there. I usually caught 3 pounders there 4 years ago. I would be walking the shoreline and see buckets full of under sized bass and big bass heads rotting in the grass from people catchingthe large females. Went a few times last year and it was a skunk. Talked to a few guys practicing their fly rods and they said they haven't caught a bass there in years. Last stock report I seen for this lake was only catfish. It's no longer a bass lake which saddens me.
jonny2can
Fishing Fanatic

Postby ccorso » Feb Sun 16, 2020 9:38 pm

Grain wrote:Hard to believe that there's a body of water that needs more bluegills.

That was my thought exactly. Kind of disappointed with the species and lakes that were stocked to be honest. I've wasted too many fishless days on the kayak at Tampier to really ever want to go back.
ccorso
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Skifish1 » Feb Mon 17, 2020 12:45 pm

As long as there are very few IDNR officers and little to no enforcement the fish harvesters ( I will refrain on mentioning whose is prone to harvest) will continue to deplete urban waters. When I see two guys with 10 tipups throwing bass on ice without a worry to get caught well that's illinois
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Grain » Feb Tue 18, 2020 9:31 am

Skifish1 wrote:As long as there are very few IDNR officers and little to no enforcement the fish harvesters ( I will refrain on mentioning whose is prone to harvest) will continue to deplete urban waters. When I see two guys with 10 tipups throwing bass on ice without a worry to get caught well that's illinois

Snap a pic and send it to DNR? or WGN?
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 10:57 am

Skifish1 wrote:As long as there are very few IDNR officers and little to no enforcement the fish harvesters ( I will refrain on mentioning whose is prone to harvest) will continue to deplete urban waters. When I see two guys with 10 tipups throwing bass on ice without a worry to get caught well that's illinois

Not really going to get into this too much, but if someone has a fishing license, and is legally catching fish, who are you to tell them they can or can't harvest said fish? Legally harvesting fish is HEALTHY for lakes. It keeps populations of certain species down, and keeps fish from stunting. Which is why the DNR does studies and determines length and creel limits for bodies of water. There seems to be a common misconception that anyone who harvests fish is illegally harvesting fish, but I'd say that's the minority, not the majority... There are always going to be poachers. Always. Most people are not poachers, though. Most are exercising their right to keep fish based upon purchasing the same fishing license you do.

Who is "prone to harvest" btw? :roll:

I like to eat fish. I harvest fish from many different places, because I enjoy eating fish, and I'm within my legal rights to do so. Considering all the thousands of dollars I've spent on fishing gear/tackle, gas to and from locations, bait, and time, I think I've earned the right to legally keep some fish for the table.

As far as the keeping bass thing goes, I don't do it. I just don't, as it's my preference. I can catch plenty of crappie and gills or other assorted highly populated sunfish to keep, so bass aren't high on my list. But the LM and SM bass are part of the sunfish family. They are really no different than keeping bluegills, crappies, or any other kind of sunfish. So I don't see the issue, so long as length and creel limits are being adhered to. This is also healthy, and keeps bass populations from stunting in growth. Anyone who thinks bass are terrible table fare, likely hasn't ever eaten one, and is just talking out of their ass.

This whole idea of those who practice C&R looking down on those who harvest is getting to be ridiculous at this point. I do both. So where do I fall in your hierarchy of fishermen? I've released fish that had record potential. I also keep some bluegills and crappies for my table because I enjoy eating fresh fish. What does that make me?

While I agree with you that the IDNR is short-staffed, I'd argue most people who harvest fish are doing so legally. Poachers exist, and it sucks that they do, but even with a fully staffed DNR, they would still exist... That's just assholes being assholes, though, and has nothing to do with people who legally harvest fish they're entitled to harvest.

And this will essentially be my only post on this topic. This argument has been beaten to death on these fishing websites, and it's not worth it for me to spend any more time on it.

Also, I'm not just speaking to you, more generalizing on why those who practice C&R seem to look down on those who choose to legally keep fish they're entitled to because they enjoy eating fresh fish.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 18, 2020 12:41 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:legally catching fish

Skifish1 wrote:When I see two guys with 10 tipups

:think:
I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news. - JM
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Also, smallies regarding the "prone to harvest" group, I'll go ahead and say it because I have "immunity", its generally immigrants. My fellow poles are big on keeping fish, so are other eastern europeans, asians too, hispanics as well, cant forget about white trash either!. Its a difference in cultures, and generally these people come from poor backgrounds and harvesting fish was seen as a means of survival.

Personally speaking, all the older polish guys I know lived through soviet controlled Poland. We're talking straight up breadlines. I cant blame these guys for keeping fish to eat when they lived through a time when food wasnt a guarantee. I may not AGREE with them harvesting anything they catch, but like you said, if theyre doing it legally Im 100% ok with it.

Anytime my parents have guests over and I get back from fishing without any fish, they give me shit about it. These are hardworking guys who dont see the "sport" in fishing, to them its like sitting in a deer stand and not shooting anything.
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby polishfly » Feb Tue 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Phil6 wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:legally catching fish

Skifish1 wrote:When I see two guys with 10 tipups

:think:

^This.
polishfly
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 1:40 pm

Have you all seen two guys on the ice with 10 tipups setup regularly? I ice fish a ton, and most people out there don't have ANY tipups out, let alone 10. I'm probably on the ice more than almost everyone on here. I've been on the ice both Saturday and Sunday the past 3 weeks straight, and plan on doing it again this coming weekend. At 4 different bodies of water, no less. Haven't seen anything close to 10 tipups setup by two guys... at any of those places. Channel Lake, Deep Lake, Shabbona, and my private club. I've actually never seen that. Ever. On any body of water. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that was an exaggerated example of something he hasn't ever seen, or saw maybe one time... and threw it out there like it's some common practice by the general fishing community.

But my argument isn't even geared towards the poachers. I'm obviously perfectly fine with calling out poachers, and I'll be the first person to give the DNR a ring if I see it happening. My argument is over the fact that many on this site look down upon anyone who doesn't CPR every single fish they catch. And that's just the truth.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Phil6 wrote:Also, smallies regarding the "prone to harvest" group, I'll go ahead and say it because I have "immunity", its generally immigrants. My fellow poles are big on keeping fish, so are other eastern europeans, asians too, hispanics as well, cant forget about white trash either!. Its a difference in cultures, and generally these people come from poor backgrounds and harvesting fish was seen as a means of survival.

Personally speaking, all the older polish guys I know lived through soviet controlled Poland. We're talking straight up breadlines. I cant blame these guys for keeping fish to eat when they lived through a time when food wasnt a guarantee. I may not AGREE with them harvesting anything they catch, but like you said, if theyre doing it legally Im 100% ok with it.

Anytime my parents have guests over and I get back from fishing without any fish, they give me shit about it. These are hardworking guys who dont see the "sport" in fishing, to them its like sitting in a deer stand and not shooting anything.

I'm big on keeping fish because I like to eat fresh fish. Am I white trash? Keeping fish is looked down upon by a large population of this website, in general. Legal or not. And that's ridiculous.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 18, 2020 2:00 pm

I was just highlighting that he specified people fishing with an illegal number of lines while you were defending the opposite (legal fishing)

SmalliesNEyes wrote: Am I white trash? Keeping fish is looked down upon by a large population of this website, in general. Legal or not. And that's ridiculous.

Like I said, I dont look down on it if its being done legally! Also, I just listed groups that are known for keeping, never called you white trash, or Polish, or anything for that matter
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Phil6 wrote:I was just highlighting that he specified people fishing with an illegal number of lines while you were defending the opposite (legal fishing)

SmalliesNEyes wrote: Am I white trash? Keeping fish is looked down upon by a large population of this website, in general. Legal or not. And that's ridiculous.

Like I said, I dont look down on it if its being done legally! Also, I just listed groups that are known for keeping, never called you white trash, or Polish, or anything for that matter

He actually generalized everyone who harvests fish. He said "the fish harvesters", seemingly implying that anyone who harvests fish is doing something wrong. That's speaking to anyone who harvests fish, and the implication that anyone who harvests fish is somehow "depleting the urban waters" is a ridiculous notion. If that were the case, every lake in the state would be C&R only, and there would be no length, slot, or creel limits. He then threw out a statement about 2 guys with 10 tipups, tossing bass up onto the ice, without a worry in the world. Taking a single instance of seeing a poacher or poachers, and generalizing entire groups of people because of it, is not a good way to go about things. He talked about "fish harvesters depleting urban waters" and then mentioned an extreme example of poachers, and acted as if they're one and the same... when it's not even close. That's what I took issue with. What seems to be a comparison between extreme poachers, and people who harvest fish to eat.

And I know you didn't call me white trash. I was making a point. I keep fish. Generalizing entire groups of people, due to the poor behavior of just a few, is a terrible thing.

I've said it in all of my other posts, and I'll say it again in this one. Many people on this website, who are active members of this community, look down upon anyone who keeps fresh fish for the table. It's like they're sitting up on this high horse because they choose to CPR all fish, so everyone else needs to follow their righteous path... and that's just shitty, IMO.

I have nothing against Skifish, btw. I just think it's shitty that people seem to equate those who harvest fish with those who are poaching. The way his post is worded, it's as if anyone who harvests fish is doing something wrong, and I don't agree with that. If that's not what he meant, then I stand corrected, but the wording of his post seems to imply that anyone who harvests fish is essentially a poacher, or doing something they shouldn't be doing, or something that they should feel bad about.

I'm not meaning to start some big debate. I just think that those who legally and ethically harvest fish shouldn't be looked down upon, or be made to believe they're somehow doing something bad or wrong.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 18, 2020 2:40 pm

ok, I understand your concern
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Tue 18, 2020 3:36 pm

Bass have been getting poached at Busse on the regular this winter and last. 10inch bass up to those nice 18/19 inch busse bruisers. I haven't been on busse ice in almost 3 years now since the move, but I had multiple people send me that information last winter and to Skifish1's defense he witnessed it in person this winter as well. Theres a really far hike to get to some productive water at busse and this is where its taking place. IDNR or County boys most likely won't venture that far on foot so it's a shame.

On another subject, I have a question for y'all. Are private ponds subjected to Illinois regs? Like if I bought a house that had a pond on my property could I let's say use 4 tip ups?
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 3:49 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Bass have been getting poached at Busse on the regular this winter and last. 10inch bass up to those nice 18/19 inch busse bruisers. I haven't been on busse ice in almost 3 years now since the move, but I had multiple people send me that information last winter and to Skifish1's defense he witnessed it in person this winter as well. Theres a really far hike to get to some productive water at busse and this is where its taking place. IDNR or County boys most likely won't venture that far on foot so it's a shame.

On another subject, I have a question for y'all. Are private ponds subjected to Illinois regs? Like if I bought a house that had a pond on my property could I let's say use 4 tip ups?

I'm not denying the poaching, or its existence. There are poachers everywhere. My intention wasn't to attack Skifish1, so hopefully he doesn't take it that way. I just think it's not fair to lump "fish harvesters", which I equate with those who legally and ethically harvest, in with poachers, as if they're one and the same, and that's what his post seemed to do, in my opinion. I was more just branching off of what he was saying to point out that it seems like anyone who harvests fish seems to get lumped in as some sort of unethical angler by many on here. And that's just not right. As if anyone who doesn't strictly practice CPR is somehow doing something wrong/bad.

As far as the private pond thing goes, no, I would think if it's a privately owned pond, on private land, and you're the one who manages it, and stocks it, etc. then you can basically do what you want. It's not a bad question for the DNR, but I would imagine Illinois regulations don't apply to private bodies of water, if I were just using logic. It's not like the DNR is gonna come stock it for you... so they likely don't have anything to do with the management of that body of water. I'm curious to know how that also applies to private clubs, honestly, but I think it would function similarly.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Phil6 » Feb Tue 18, 2020 4:50 pm

Aux Pleins wrote: Theres a really far hike to get to some productive water at busse and this is where its taking place. IDNR or County boys most likely won't venture that far on foot so it's a shame.

I was fishing 1/2 mile out on little sturgeon last winter at 2am, -5 degrees, and a Wisc DNR officer walked all the way out, alone, to check our papers. There was only 2 other shacks out at that time. Was really cool to see. Good on them.
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Phil6 wrote:
Aux Pleins wrote: Theres a really far hike to get to some productive water at busse and this is where its taking place. IDNR or County boys most likely won't venture that far on foot so it's a shame.

I was fishing 1/2 mile out on little sturgeon last winter at 2am, -5 degrees, and a Wisc DNR officer walked all the way out, alone, to check our papers. There was only 2 other shacks out at that time. Was really cool to see. Good on them.

We were out on the roadbed on Shabbona on Saturday morning, around 10am, temps around 5 degrees(if that) with the windchill, and a DNR officer walked out to check us. Probably around 6-8 shacks setup in our general area. Sat and bullshit with us for a bit, verified our fish, checked our licenses, and then moved on to the next shack.

The DNR does what they can, with what they have. I can't fault them for not being able to get to every lake, every day, especially in this state.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Tue 18, 2020 7:44 pm

SmalliesNEyes wrote:
I'm not denying the poaching, or its existence. There are poachers everywhere. My intention wasn't to attack Skifish1, so hopefully he doesn't take it that way. I just think it's not fair to lump "fish harvesters", which I equate with those who legally and ethically harvest, in with poachers, as if they're one and the same, and that's what his post seemed to do, in my opinion. I was more just branching off of what he was saying to point out that it seems like anyone who harvests fish seems to get lumped in as some sort of unethical angler by many on here. And that's just not right. As if anyone who doesn't strictly practice CPR is somehow doing something wrong/bad.

You are absolutely right on this. And skifish1 has no problem with legal harvest, he really meant to describe poaching not selective harvest. Hes getting old, brain fart no doubt. The guy gets a crazy when he cant go on a 6hr kayak float after work with the short daylight we have in the winter.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Tue 18, 2020 9:17 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:
SmalliesNEyes wrote:

You are absolutely right on this. And skifish1 has no problem with legal harvest, he really meant to describe poaching not selective harvest. Hes getting old, brain fart no doubt. The guy gets a crazy when he cant go on a 6hr kayak float after work with the short daylight we have in the winter.

:thumbup:

My initial posts probably came off more abrasive than I intended, also. I wasn't necessarily speaking to him, but more to the general opinion of many, he just happened to be the person I directed my post at.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Wed 19, 2020 7:53 am

Phil6 wrote:Anytime my parents have guests over and I get back from fishing without any fish, they give me shit about it.

Been there. This might be the year I provide the Christmas Carp for the wife's family :sick:
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » Feb Wed 19, 2020 8:39 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:Been there. This might be the year I provide the Christmas Carp for the wife's family :sick:

Are they Ukrainian? That's a xmas tradition for a lot of eastern Europeans. Tony's Fresh Markets usually sell a ton of carp for xmas.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Grain » Feb Wed 19, 2020 9:07 am

Phil6 wrote:Anytime my parents have guests over and I get back from fishing without any fish...

This. I avoid showing my mom any pics because it's always "Why did you let it go, you could cook it".
Grain
Fishing Fanatic

Postby Phil6 » Feb Wed 19, 2020 11:33 am

Woohoodude11 wrote:
Phil6 wrote:Anytime my parents have guests over and I get back from fishing without any fish, they give me shit about it.

Been there. This might be the year I provide the Christmas Carp for the wife's family :sick:

Dont forget to keep it in the tub for a day or two before!
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby DasGoby » Feb Wed 19, 2020 12:13 pm

I don't have a problem with people who sometimes (in some cases even often) keep legal fish.

I do have a problem with people who keep as many fish as they can from bodies of water that can't sustain it.

I know a guy, good guy by most accounts, who I sometimes talk to about fishing who one day showed me a picture of a pile of 100+ channel cats that he and his family caught and kept out of a small pond in the south suburbs. It was legal, there is no limit in IL on channel cats, but I have a hard time accepting that it was ethical.

The broader point is that the regulations are very general and very hard to change. Responsible anglers use good judgement rather than just keeping everything they can.
DasGoby
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Woohoodude11 » Feb Wed 19, 2020 12:23 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:
Woohoodude11 wrote:Been there. This might be the year I provide the Christmas Carp for the wife's family :sick:

Are they Ukrainian? That's a xmas tradition for a lot of eastern Europeans. Tony's Fresh Markets usually sell a ton of carp for xmas.

Polish. And Phil if I can get a livewell for it I'll let them do that tradition haha.
Lets Go Sharks!

Woohoodude11
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Rambler » Feb Wed 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Hey goby - the operative word in your post is 'responsible'.
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby SmalliesNEyes » Feb Wed 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Rambler wrote:Hey goby - the operative word in your post is 'responsible'.

Yep.
SmalliesNEyes
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Skifish1 » Feb Wed 19, 2020 9:07 pm

Smallies steve when i say 2 guys fishing 10 tipups its 2 guys fishing 10 tipups. Period. Illegal. Catch bass walk to shore put them in the woods. Actually they are very nice guys talked to them quite a bit. I believe they probably dont exceed the limit , probably mind the length limits also. They are all over the place wisconsin rivers salmon trout, green bay whitefish, river walleye. On big bodies of water where there are bays and areas where there is no IDNR enforcement rules are bent, and i have seen plenty of that at busse through the years whether undersized bass or the classic "i didnt know it was a bass". I dont have an issue in harvest of gamefish fish if done legally. Keeping fish caught in illegal manner thats not right and it happens in locations where people dont believe they will be caught. Always is the case it seems good people, friendly, they just fish by their own rules.
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Neverhome » Feb Thu 20, 2020 9:42 am

When you seen 2 guys using 10 tip ups did you make a call ? If they were walking in the woods to put their catch in most likely they weren't on the up and up. Even if they didn't have more than they legally were allowed how they were fishing was and warranted a call. 2 cells you can call. Nathan Prausn 708-475-3906 Nicholas Kusta 708-879-2036.
Paddle faster I hear banjos
Neverhome
Pan Fish

Postby Neverhome » Feb Thu 20, 2020 9:48 am

2 more Kricia Doesher 847-721-0703 Suzanne Klemme 847-626-4075
Paddle faster I hear banjos
Neverhome
Pan Fish

Postby Skifish1 » Feb Thu 20, 2020 12:14 pm

I drove over to main boat house area and dock area looking for idnr. Sometimes on weekends they do license checks in the more populous areas. But not aware of phone numbers you can use for real time call ins. These numbers you provided above if these are personal mobile numbers suggest delete the numbers above
Skifish1
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Thu 20, 2020 2:04 pm

Here's some Tampier eyes from last year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fishy Bitch
Minnow

Postby Phil6 » Feb Thu 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Nice work!
Phil6
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby RonG » Feb Thu 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Good job, Nitebite! I remember you from both CLF and Anglng101.
RonG
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Thu 20, 2020 3:14 pm

Here's some specs for you RonG, they aren't as big at Tampier as they are down the road.
Fishy Bitch
Minnow

Postby Rambler » Feb Thu 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Geez - and here I thought we had another chick member who might help dress this place up. Oh well...
Keep calm and fish on...

Rambler
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Fishy Bitch » Feb Thu 20, 2020 6:11 pm

My boat name is Fishy Bitch, sorry for the let down.
Fishy Bitch
Minnow

Return to General Fishing Questions and Information