Chicago Fishing Forum banner

CCFP News from 3.31.20

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  polishfly 
#1 ·
Location Closures

All public restrooms (both indoor and portable) are closed.

Buildings, grounds, trails and bathrooms at Nature Centers are closed to the public until May 11.

All campgrounds are closed through May 11.

Forest Preserves General Headquarters, Caldwell Woods Warming Shelter, the Volunteer Resource Center and Dan Ryan Woods Visitor Center building and nature play area are closed to the public through May 11.

Golf courses, boating centers and the Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course will not be open until at least April 7, and their opening may be delayed further based on the latest information available on the spread of COVID-19.

The Swallow Cliff Stairs and parking lots at Swallow Cliff Woods-North, Swallow Cliff Woods-South and Teason's Woods are closed to visitors through May 11.

Some winter land management closures have been extended until May 11. Before visiting, always check if a location is open on our web map or by visiting the location's page on our website.

The spring trout season opening day-originally scheduled for April 4-is postponed indefinitely. The parking lots and fishing lakes at Axehead Lake, Belleau Lake, Green Lake Woods, Horsetail Lake, and Sag Quarries are closed indefinitely, starting March 30. Parking lots at Chippewa Woods and Iroquois Woods are closed as well.

See less See more
#5 ·
I called a couple weeks ago and asked about public boat launch closers. The woman I spoke with said boating centers will not be open but that public boat launches will remain open. I don't think that has changed; as long as the main preserve is open you can use the boat launch.
Again, I got this info about 10 days ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.