Chicago Fishing Forum banner

PB blue cat

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  HEDDONFROG 
#1 ·
I fished a new to me body of water today. Lake Tillery is a shade over 100 miles from my house and I heard some goods things about it so I decided to make the long drive.

The lake seemed similar to another lake I have been fishing so I decided to fish it the same way. Drifted cutbait over channel breaklines. Mostly I fished in 25-30 feet of water.

I only caught 2 cats. One was a dink channel cat that was about 5 lbs the other was a good size blue my PB so far. My partner, who is a cat man estimated it to weigh upper 20s to 30lbs.

My camera mount broke today so a guy in a pontoon boat took the picture. It was a very strong fish and caused a bit of pandemonium in my yak when it crossed my other line and crossed my drift sock line too.
~JOE~

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Ron I try to catch my bait. I can usually fish for an hour at the beginning of my trip and get some gills,perch,crappie!whatever. I also save and freeze those same species and use the frozen bait too. I have bought frozen shad and menhaden and those work just as well.

I never used a cast net. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to throw one from my kayak. It's an option though.
~JOE~

#11 ·
I never thought that a 5 lber would be a dink but compared to those big boys they get dink status. I actually got that from a YouTube guy. His channel is "kayak catfish." Good videos that are worth a look in these quarantine times. He calls 10 lbers dinks.
~JOE~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.