Doing the Sisters Lizzy and Mary

The State of Wisconsin is a frequent destination for Chicago area residents seeking awesome angling opportunities. Post and share information and reports from Wisconsin waters.

Doing the Sisters Lizzy and Mary

Postby coyote » May Wed 13, 2020 5:03 am

With the cold water being barely 50 I opted for some smaller Lakes over the Border Elizabeth and Mary are not the greatest fisheries but hold many bass and some decent Pike. I caught fish at both Lakes and they were small but just tossing a worm in the calm clear waters and site fishing them and enjoying the beauty was relaxing an enjoyable sometimes that's all you need. I especially love the beauty of Lake Mary the houses on Lake Mary are every bit as beautiful as Lake Geneva the smaller simply amazed at the beauty of that Lake. I know J-Dawg is the king of Lake Mary one day I'll catch a walleye like he does
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Re: Doing the Sisters Lizzy and Mary

Postby jmdog2003 » May Wed 13, 2020 7:03 am

Yeah, I would imagine there is ultra clear water right now correct 'yote? Pretty crazy the water is still that cold. At least you go you some. The walleyes cruise the shallows at night where there is some illumination, think dock or pavilion lighting. Smallies love vertical overhead cover, often sitting under floating rafts. I haven't even purchased a Wisco license yet because I have no idea if or when I'll get up there.
jmdog2003
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby joetrain » May Wed 13, 2020 2:16 pm

I had a lot of good days on Elizabeth. I believe I used to rent boats from a place called Snug Harbor. It was run by an older couple. Very nice people. They didn’t mind if we launched one of their rental boats before they were open. On our return we paid the rental fee. I think it was only $6.
~JOE~
ad maioram Dei gloriam
joetrain
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby Aux Pleins » May Wed 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Constantly drive past them to fish other waters. Someday someday I'll get out there. Thanks for the report Yote.
Nature and shit.
Aux Pleins
Rex Rgis Piscator

Postby HEDDONFROG » May Wed 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Aux Pleins wrote:Constantly drive past them to fish other waters. Someday someday I'll get out there. Thanks for the report Yote.

X2

Sounds like a pretty place. Staying off lakes and ponds that are in the spawn down here. Will probably be traveling north to stay on prespawn fish
Piscis magnus venandi
HEDDONFROG
Ichthyoid Artimus

Postby billebob5 » May Thu 14, 2020 11:03 am

I thought this was going to be a very different kind of post based on the title.
billebob5
Fishing Czar

Postby coyote » May Fri 15, 2020 4:13 am

Billy Bob got you a little excited these Lakes a few more up that way are great little l Lakes and yes Joe the old boat rental by the old mad Dan's had that lovely couple rented boats dirt cheap and s sold bait also one day I will do a little story about all the boat rentals and the old hotels and these Lakes that I have fish for 25 years I'm big and memorabilia I love the good old days in
coyote
Ichthyoid Artimus

Return to Other Wisconsin Waters