Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bode

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  esbrosio 
#1 ·
Went out this even to quickly dropping temperatures. Shorts and tshirt was a mild mistake. Lots of people fishing along the shore. Good to see families fishing together. Called a guy out for trying to keep a bass that was not legal, politely. Ended up talking to the guy for a while. Hopefully that experience will deter him from illegally harvesting fish... Watched another guy constantly fix a birdsnest out of his baitcaster. Received a new rod today so was eager to try it out. Landed a couple dinks right off the bat. Hook a nice bass but the hookset felt weird as my drag screamed at the hookset. Well, never had my drag tightened. Bass jumps, try to tighten my drag and it drives into weeds and I loose it. Sad. Landed a third fish which was around 14 in. Couple missed strikes. Not bad for still trying to learn this body of water.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Any fishing trip that includes a few bass is a good trip in my book! Nice job! I'll have to add Bode to the list of lakes I'd like to try this summer. About a 40 minute drive, maybe less during early morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.