Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Duper On The Fly

4K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  MrPeanut 
#1 ·
Took the fly rod to the dupage for the first time today, didn't run into anything big but caught a couple little guys and some bluegill. Light line makes anything a blast - I had always overlooked the Dupage (stupidly) but I'm excited to keep exploring it

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Got out again this weekend on the West Branch. Got a few gills / sunfish, spooked a bunch of small bass and a couple of better size but couldn't get them to eat. Most likely my fault, still being a newbie at river fishing it takes me until I'm standing in the spot to recognize it's good.

Attachments

#18 ·
Nice Grems! I just picked up decent fly rod to really give fly fishing another go. I had messed around with a fly rod as a kid. Was out on the west branch the Friday of Labor Day weekend and ended up whacking some real nice pure Bluegills on a panfish popper in a deep slow bend of the river. Couple smallies as well but nothing of size. Been dicking around throwing a beadhead wooly buggers and small clousers on a 4wt in the local pond and now I'm thinking I want a 6wt with a dedicated line for small streamers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.