Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Bears thread

45K views 321 replies 40 participants last post by  Luckydawg13 
#1 ·
I'm a pretty big Bears fan, figure I'm not the only one. How are you guys feeling about the season coming up? I think we will have a pretty average record, long shot to get into the playoffs partly because of the division we are in. I'm really excited to watch the front seven on D. That is where they have been building the foundation of the team and I think this will be the year the Bears D reestablishes itself. Hicks, Goldman, and Bullard have the potential to become the best defensive line in the league in my opinion (also sounds like a law firm). Maybe Deiondre Hall will surprise us in the secondary like Adrian Amos did last year. Offense a lot will depend on the line which is starting to look shaky with injuries. It will be fun to see Kevin White get to play, hopefully the running backs too. Can't wait for football!

#306 ·
1st mistake the Bears made was playing the same time the Cubs were destroying the Sox.

No, wait. The 1st mistake they made was taking Trubiski over Mahommes. But that goes without saying. Pace must be an idiot - look who he works for.

#307 ·
DeShawn Watson should have been the guy the Bears took in that draft. The experts had Trubisky rated over Mahomes. They were obviously all wrong. Makes me sick to my stomach considering what the Bears gave up to get Mitch, verse what they could of had while keeping those picks.

#308 ·
FishinMatt said:
DeShawn Watson should have been the guy the Bears took in that draft. The experts had Trubisky rated over Mahomes. They were obviously all wrong. Makes me sick to my stomach considering what the Bears gave up to get Mitch, verse what they could of had while keeping those picks.
Exactly this. But I'm not sure just picking up Mahommes would have solved all our problems.

#309 ·
brownbutterperch said:
Exactly this. But I'm not sure just picking up Mahommes would have solved all our problems.
But it would have answered the problem they've had going back to McMahon - having a QB who can actually play the game.

Nothing against Eric Kramer or Jim Miller - both were at least respectable. But this has got to be the longest-running joke in the NFL.

Even Pace knows he f'd up. Why else would he pick up Noles?

#310 ·
Hoping to see Mitchell get a few touches here and there in a creative and entertaining Taysom Hill type of role. Especially with Cohen out there might be room for this, Nagy is the guy to draw it up.

If we can stay healthy we should be in the mix co d playoff times with Files running the offense.

#311 ·
Bringing this back to the top hoping to generate some traffic for this site.

One and done. They tried to fool us with those late season wins but the real Bears showed up last week and yesterday.

Will next season be a repeat of this season with the same cast of characters?

~JOE~

#312 ·
Do I need to explain this again? The Bears will wallow in mediocrity until Virginia dies and the kids give it up and sell the team to someone with money (the franchise is worth at least $1 billion) and competence to run a professional sports team.

Incompetence starts at the top. This is just as true of sports teams as it is of government. The idiots known as McCaskey will never figure out how to hire good people to run the team. The fact that the Bears have good seasons every-so-often is only proof of blind squirrels finding nuts.

The good news is once you accept this their losses and fuck-upedness stop hurting so much.

#313 ·
^^^ This. Happened with the hawks with Rocky taking over and the Cubs to a degree with new owners.

In year 2001 I worked for a major company in the Chicago area and the board of directors meeting just ended and out walks Bill Wirtz. I asked Bill standing near my desk why did he get rid of Hull in 72 and did he squash the Blue Line. My employment end a few short months later but I got a better paying job in 2002.

#314 ·
What's needed is a tax holiday. Bears have been in the family since the olden days, that's a nasty capital gains hit if you sell. Unless you needed ten figure liquidity why would you? That said if the people of Green Bay can collectively run an NFL franchise.......

#315 ·
Brett said:
What's needed is a tax holiday.
Brett: For the past 50 years at least, the McCaskey's have been taking people's money (those who held seasons tickets) in Feb/Mar, banking it & didn't have to put out a product for nearly 6 months.

Great business plan - think about it. Where else will customers pay way up front in the hope of getting a decent product sometime in the future? They compounded it when they insisted on the purchase of a PSL before you could buy a ticket after the 'new' stadium was built.

So the McCaskey's have made millions while consistently proving their incompetence. And now you think we should give them a tax break? Really?

#317 ·
Rambler said:
Brett said:
What's needed is a tax holiday.
Brett: For the past 50 years at least, the McCaskey's have been taking people's money (those who held seasons tickets) in Feb/Mar, banking it & didn't have to put out a product for nearly 6 months.

Great business plan - think about it. Where else will customers pay way up front in the hope of getting a decent product sometime in the future? They compounded it when they insisted on the purchase of a PSL before you could buy a ticket after the 'new' stadium was built.

So the McCaskey's have made millions while consistently proving their incompetence. And now you think we should give them a tax break? Really?
I don't think we actually should, but if suckers in other cities take it the other way via stadium financing deals etc. I'd say a chance at at decent team for a few hundred million is still a better deal.

#318 ·
Ended up streaming the game on my laptop through xfinity, which was the Nickelodeon broadcast. Commentary was genuinely fresh and insightful, dare I say potentially better than network broadcast. Then Patterson dropped an f-bomb and now they might not do any more games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.